HHN Hollywood General Discussion - 2017 | Page 30 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Hollywood General Discussion - 2017

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm wondering if they're gonna go back to using the older, extended route for Terror Tram, considering from what I saw on videos, the shortened route got really packed like a line venue for those who went on TT later in the evening. Also considering if Titans of Terror are coming this year, they may want to extend again and use more of the woods areas.
I'd be surprised if that pathway was used again. Aside from guests constantly tripping over things, that pathway was used as a sort of backstage area last year. I personally feel like TT operations was the biggest issue. More Trams were dropping guests off than there were Trams picking them up at the end of the route. I spent an hour on the backlot last year because the line was backed up all the way to the Bates Motel.

Reactions: MacMillian Crew
I remember when my group went last year on opening night, since we were among the first to go through the tram, when it came down to Bates house scene, they were trying to usher most of our tram group into that direction, not really giving us the option to skip it, even though there was a route to skip the photo op, so my group and I had to hurry past the person trying to usher us in the other route and go through the freak "tunnels".

Reactions: Aaron
Wasn't that the first location that started work last year? This makes sense, especially if a familiar IP returns for it's third year in a row.
Don't think the I.P had anything to do with it. Just a convenient location. Will be a tricky build, that's for sure.

I believe extended Jurassic queue was the first to go up last year and mummy queue was a close second.

This was a photo of Halloween 2016. We should start seeing initial floor planning like what we see in the photo in the next few weeks.

Attachments

• Halloween2016-driveby.png
    Halloween2016-driveby.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Reactions: Timberfellingrobot
Looks like it was the Mummy that started first. Now hopefully we can start getting announcements before those Façades give it away. ;)

Reactions: William
Got word from Chris Galindo that Construction has started for the Metro Sets and FDTD Area. The tents are up. The tent for the FDTD area may move to the street next to it because of the Junkyard. Chris also saw this tent near the tour gate exit. Maybe it has to do with HHN? Maybe not? IMG_20170514_121204.jpg

Last edited:
To clarify, the street next to where the FDTD/ AHS plot was (in the middle of this plot and the street the studio tour takes to look at the picture cars) has been cleared from all the scrap metal that used to be there. I'm assuming this could be used for HHN as there is a huge chunk of dirt in the plot where the mazes once stood. It also appears that a tent is up where Krampus was, was not too sure as I couldn't get a good view.

Reactions: HHNManics
Got word from Chris Galindo that Construction has started for the Metro Sets and FDTD Area. The tents are up. The tent for the FDTD area may move to the street next to it because of the Junkyard. Chris also saw this tent near the tour gate exit. Maybe it has to do with HHN? Maybe not? View attachment 4421

That is a very similar tent, if not the same one that they used to hold production equipment during Hairspray live. It was also used as a lunch center for the actors. To put the size of the tent into perspective is that it could barely fit in the area where the storage units were for The Purge scare zone in the backlot. It is similar in size to AHS 2016 and TWD 2015.

I hope it's a new maze location but I doubt it due to the close proximity to the tram path that they take for the terror tram. (There would be a LOT of background noise of the trams driving by at night.)

Also, there is also really no fast way of getting back there without walking under or very close to FJ cooling units. Most employees take a golf cart to get back there or walk a longish path that you can enter near Shrek 4D which passes right by BTS WaterWorld

Going on with what Chris said, they did clear the crop of land that held all of the old street lights. It's a very narrow section of land that has a steep drop off which could be a hazard to guests. I don't think it has the size to host an entire maze tent.

Last edited:
Reactions: chris.g