Guardian's of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

Guardian's of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think ours is relatively safe. GotG wouldn't fit in Sunset Blvd, and our system is differently from the one in all the other towers. It wouldn't be an easy copy/paste job like it is at the others especially because of the extra areas they'd need to design.

I am not arguing with you, but I do believe that the reasons you give for it being safe are equally good reasons for it to be redesigned.

1. It did not fit thematically in DCA either as that area was a Sunset Boulevard equivalent so this does not really mean anything

2. The more intensive system would allow them to tell a more complete story. In fact, the artifacts getting loose seems like a perfect replacement for the 5th Dimension scene

Now that is not to say that I necessarily see this happening (I don't), but it would be interesting to know if plans are on the table to make the switch.

GotG is going into Epcot as a new attraction. The ToT here in Florida is safe.

I've seen the renderings and a tower that looks just like the CA version is planned as part of the Epcot ride/mini land. It won't be the same ride though, just the same aesthetic for the exterior as part of the buildings.

I've seen the renderings and a tower that looks just like the CA version is planned as part of the Epcot ride/mini land. It won't be the same ride though, just the same aesthetic for the exterior as part of the buildings.

Surely not a tower on the same scale as our TOT, right? You're just talking in terms of the overall vibe of the design choices, yes? Because I can't imagine a giant tower would look very good so close to Spaceship Earth...

Reactions: tankart150
The rendering shows it as background behind the current Universe of Energy/Wonders of Life buildings, smaller scale but similar look.

Pardon my bluntness, but would it then be in a way, a Front facade; similar to Haunted Mansion and Mystic Manor?

I think ours is relatively safe. GotG wouldn't fit in Sunset Blvd, and our system is differently from the one in all the other towers. It wouldn't be an easy copy/paste job like it is at the others especially because of the extra areas they'd need to design.

Who said it would be GOTG that would be replacing it in Florida? From my understanding Paris is currently being looked at to turn into a Marvel New York themed Avengers tower type attraction. They can literally replace it with any property. The issue is that Disney (Iger/Chapek) see any attraction without a current movie tie in as irrelevant. That's why I don't think people should write off DHS's Tower as "safe" so quickly.

Again, just because it's not GOTG, doesn't mean something else can't replace Tower in FL in the future.

The first concept (pitched by Chapek himself) for Epcot was literally to just have Groot hosting Living with the Land (obviously shut down). That's how out of touch they are right now. They want these park's to become giant billboards.

Last edited:

While I trust your sources I'll believe it'll happen when it opens.

Pardon my bluntness, but would it then be in a way, a Front facade; similar to Haunted Mansion and Mystic Manor?
Kind of the opposite. The rendering/layout I saw showed the entrance being UoE and then a connector bridge to a square building out behind it that would look like the DCA tower in smaller scale. The layout looks similar to Test Track if you were to put a building around that loop of track in the parking lot. It appeared the bulk of the attraction would still be in the main building (like slow portion in the main building, fast portion running back and forth between the buildings)

The lighting is very poor IMHO. With all the LED technology available I'm sure they could have added some to the façade as they were attaching all those pipes. At least it would have given it a little more depth and different shadows. Very flat look with the up lighting.

Reactions: William
From a recent interview, Kevin Feigue, President of Marvel Studios; gave a hint towards that Jeff Goldblum will potentially make a cameo of the attraction, as he will be Tavian's brother in Thor Ragnarok.

For the interview itself, the link is here.

Reactions: jtsalien