Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 408 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw on Twitter that @bostonwhite is checking out of Cabana Bay:

I really wish Wild Gravity Travels or Midway Mayhem would put out another update, it's been a while since we've heard from them.

Reactions: tielo and 12th Man
What were they thinking?

Accessibility (for maintenance now and forever)
Visibility/Full understanding of guests about what's inside the volcano
Natural lighting (something I think is important at a water park)
Openness while queuing for stuff inside the volcano
Cost - but not construction. An enclosed volcano, in Florida, with water, would become a miserable sweatbox that would require massive, industrial air handler units. Those would make the inside cold and the outside blistering which, again, is bad news for a water park.

I understand being a bit confused by the park layout, but it comes across as if a lack of understanding created expectations. Expectations have to shift when knowledge is gained.
Fair enough. Still, why couldn't the volcano be located on an edge of the park where nobody could see the back, and still have the benefits you mentioned?

Reactions: Latveria
Can we maybe lock the thread for a day or two?

I don't think things have gotten that bad and frankly we need to finish this discussion as we're under two weeks out now.

The volcano 'blown out' in the back is a design choice. The volcano is complete with rock work. We shouldn't be insulting UC for the decision or saying budgets were cut, instead we can debate the actual artistic choice.

Waterworld? Which water park is that?

Never mind, Just looked it up. I think the park is ugly. Volcano bay looks so much nicer.
It may look ugly to you and that might be your type of theming...but they actually themed the slide supports! They also have more slides and a better overall package of them compared to Volcano Bay. They also have a suspended coaster going throughout the park...and they're adding a 4-D attraction!
While Volcano Bay will definitely be a top 10 park, right now it's not number 1.

For some odd reason, I thought the blown out back was mentioned ages ago....

I just saw it as the villagers took advantage of the blown out side of the volcano to build their water park...but I thought we knew that when this place was a pit of dirt?

I can't imagine the level of apoplexy you guys would have had had Universal built something like this.

maxresdefault.jpg

You guys get so emotional over people with different opinions it's funny lol, and so what if you guys talked about this when the park was first being built , im not on here everyday reading every last post in the thread, I also am not saying I won't enjoy the park it will be incredible , unlike anything we ever seen actually, considering what they did, it's so beautiful, the back just looks a little tacky to me , yes I know it's not done , but you can kinda see what direction they are headed in since the park opens in 2 weeks, and it may have been a nightmare for maintenance , but I mean it's 2017 , I feel like anything can be done with this day and age if you really wanted it to( well at least Some enclosed water slides) , and once people got inside the volcano , they would still see what water slide there about to get on if it was hidden on the outside

Will the water be heated during cooler months like Disney? Sorry if I missed that info.

The building along Turkey Lake Road seems to be full of big heating units so I would guess that won't be a problem. At least I assume they are heaters since they look like big boilers with chimneys coming out the roof.

Reactions: JoeCamel
My only visits to Wet 'N Wild were during February and December, and the water was fine both times, so if Universal at least keeps up that standard, there should be no issues.

I'm hoping the landscaping will help cut down on the wind during the cooler months, but the air temperature may still be more of a challenge from late fall to early spring. Given how cold this past winter was, there may be some closures due to weather.

I've been looking on this forum site for a long time and I have come to the conclusion Volcano Bay is just an ordinary water park with some nice theming. I really don't get why some people feel like they would be worshipping it because Universal have called it a theme park. It simply is Typhoon Lagoon that is more compact and strives itself on a huge gimmick. Tapu Tapu looks awful. It's legoland's queue bot, except 10 years too late!

I've been looking on this forum site for a long time and I have come to the conclusion Volcano Bay is just an ordinary water park with some nice theming. I really don't get why some people feel like they would be worshipping it because Universal have called it a theme park. It simply is Typhoon Lagoon that is more compact and strives itself on a huge gimmick. Tapu Tapu looks awful. It's legoland's queue bot, except 10 years too late!
Gimmick? Really?

I guess Cinderella Castle is also a cheap gimmick.

Reactions: Chase3
Status
Not open for further replies.