Shrek 4D - Hollywood | Page 33 | Inside Universal Forums

Shrek 4D - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Expect a video change and minor indoor adjustments. This seems like a filler attraction just to meet the "new attraction every year" statement. I only hope they pour money into the queue based upon how cheap the attraction change will be. My guess is summer 2018 opening.

I am surprised about this, and after getting a bit of a head's up on what it will be, I am interested. But not in the way's you may wonder.

I am curious to see how the replacement plays out, as it is going to be a "filler" experience.

The queue saw the biggest change. It also serves as a berm to cover up Hogsmeade so that probably won't see any changes outside of the marquee. Since most the changes will probably happen within the building I guess nothing will happen with the NY façades?

Man I heard another show would come in but I was hoping it would be a live theater show. For those who may not be aware, before Shrek 4D it was the Panasonic theater which hosted many musical revue shows. That's why the building is so tall: there are theater wings behind the screen.

However, it only make sense as the theater has become Universal's BTS flex theater. (not to mention the huge technical upgrades) Many employee meetings and events are held in there. I'm just astonished that they are apparently doing another 4D show... something which has largely fallen out of vogue in the theme park world as of late. Hopefully they replace the aging motion seats with something quieter and newer.

I like Kung Fu Panda however, so if it's that, I won't be entirely downtrodden.

Reactions: BernardMesa
I was personally hoping for a How to Train your Dragon inspired show. They could have themed the building to clash a lot less with Hogsmeade. I'm fine with Kung Fu Panda though. Love the movies and works with the Chinese tourist demographic. I suspect they'll go all out on the traditional Chinese decor.

I was personally hoping for a How to Train your Dragon inspired show. They could have themed the building to clash a lot less with Hogsmeade. I'm fine with Kung Fu Panda though. Love the movies and works with the Chinese tourist demographic. I suspect they'll go all out on the traditional Chinese decor.

I'd much rather see a HTTYD ride.

Reactions: Mad Dog