Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 425 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For myself it would be something that generates waves that break on par with typhoon lagoon but after seeing the latest drone footage and workers stood near the end of the wave pool it really does not look deep enough for those types of waves...
Typhoon Lagoons wave pool is only 6'4" deep. Volcano Bay's wave pool has the same style water drop chambers that TL has so it's possible we get big waves every once in a while.

Typhoon lagoon:
orlando-themeparks-027.jpg

Of all the water parks I've been to, no wave pools can touch TLs to me. It's a ridiculous surf in the best of ways. I understand some might not like it and it also gets dangerously crowded- but for good reason, it's the best IMO.
Look forward to seeing what VB brings to the table there for sure. I'm expecting it to be unique, more family friendly, and a completely different experience. I'm not expecting TL sized waves- but if it did, it would cover all basises elevating it to the best wave pool in the world.

Of all the water parks I've been to, no wave pools can touch TLs to me. It's a ridiculous surf in the best of ways. I understand some might not like it and it also gets dangerously crowded- but for good reason, it's the best IMO.
Look forward to seeing what VB brings to the table there for sure. I'm expecting it to be unique, more family friendly, and a completely different experience. I'm not expecting TL sized waves- but if it did, it would cover all basises elevating it to the best wave pool in the world.
Loved TL's wave pool, which is probably better described as a Surf pool.:thumbsup: Except it ate my best Fossil shades. :fist:

So a few things I noticed.

It seems that at least the 2 inner discs and the spiral connector will spin.
DSC_0014_1.jpg

These guys are gonna spit

DSC_0026.jpg

And these flying fish are hydro-jet powered (not really)

DSC_0019_1.jpg

Damn missed it, any chance you could link it? Sorry, I have tried searching all sorts other to no luck than going through every page and reading everything is about my only option however I have to go to work this week :lol:

I think according to the patent they could generate different types of waves in different areas from what I interpreted from the documents, take that with a pinch of salt as it was a while ago that was discussed, the only reason I doubt we will get some like typhoon lagoon and other parks with waves big enough to surf is mainly due to the design of the pool which is so much different in comparison, all of the others are long straight and deep for a certain distance and the widen where as volcano bay shares no resemblance to those at all, who knows though the new tech maybe able to generate them regardless of shape, I'm not really sure if the identical shape of them all is really required to make the waves. One of the only other water parks I have seen that generates surfable waves without that traditional shape is the old Ocean Dome in Japan, no long straight deep area first just widens from the start of the wave pool wall.

Traditional shapes:

Typhoon lagoon:
orlando-themeparks-027.jpg

Siam Park:
lowsppanoramica2.jpg

Sunway Lagoon:
3-sunway-lagoon-malaysia.jpg

Wadi Adventure:
as_surf_wadi_struntz_2048.jpeg

Non Traditional shape:

Ocean Dome:
9dfb1ef0167d38398a4e5027410390d0.jpg

I think it was this @Disneyhead post that showed the wave sign

Reactions: Dan B
So I guess they are going to premier the nightime Lava show next Thursday night? Have they announced what time this damn thing is going to finally erupt?

OrlanDave has found actual people testing Honu:

Hot damn- how could they be so off in their initial engineering of that? The original size was clearly not wide enough- and that section is hideous now- and it's in a highly visible area- all the riders will be see that as they approach and go away from it- it's the focal point. This better be fixed within the year.

Reactions: joeygra
WESH also said there was a similar spike during construction of the Orlando Eye. Statistically, the Eye had a much bigger impact on traffic than Volcano Bay.

Hot damn- how could they be so off in their initial engineering of that? The original size was clearly not wide enough- and that section is hideous now- and it's in a highly visible area- all the riders will be see that as they approach and go away from it- it's the focal point. This better be fixed within the year.
:whistle:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.