Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's play nice... And OMG :jaw:

Those are awesome!
What's interesting is that blue/green slide complex looks miles away from the beach/wave pool- even though it's not.
I hadn't even thought of it- but the sheer size of the volcano is making everything else look small- which subsequently makes it all look further in the distance- which in turn makes the park look even larger than it is.
That volcano is the real deal man... not that I needed anymore evidence, but I'm sold.

Studying the top platform of the volcano where I anticipate the 'eruption' to start.
gI2q0OU.png

I've always assumed that there will be a flame or fireball feature. Looking at this:
QJH2QVi.png

there are an awful lot of submersible, high powered led lights (the black rectangle frames with the frosted white lens in the middle) They are all pointing up, obviously to light airborne water jets/sprays/cannons. Fire doesn't need to be lit. Perhaps the silver chimneys are for flame/fireball effects, but then what shoots the water upward?
Still can't make identification of the gak within the metal frame box furthest from the edge of the waterfall and closest to the back of the volcano.

There is also a pit/hole between the 3 back chimneys and the 2 front chimneys. I'm thinking this is the source for the waterfall water?

All guesses on my part for discussion. Except the led lights. There's no doubt thats what they are.

There's no reason to be a douchebag.

Here's hoping you're just drunk. :cheers:

How dare you slander and critique Volcano Bay! Some on here would have you imprisoned for that comment mister. (but I totally agree)

In other news, I wanna know which one of you hardcore Universal fanboys are going to stand out on Turkey Lake and Wallace at 3:00 am to film the eruption testing for us. Any takers? How about the guy on the last page telling people to shut up? Go capture history for us buddy! ;) About time we give hard workers like Biorecon, Alicia, and MickeyXtreme a little break.

...:) yess big ups @convoluted flippery!! Everyone here is very appreciative of those beautiful aerials, they were awesome and answered so many questions. Thanks a bunch!!

Last edited:
I love everything minus that stupid hotel tower.
Universal needs the stupid hotels to put stupid guests in stupid hotels to pay for the stupid Volcano Bay and stupid new rides. Above that Universal has stupid little room to expand so they made the best of a stupid situation ;)

I love the towers, and I would love to stay there. But that is just stupid me. :)

Can't wait until the work lights are gone and we get the full effect I'm sure they're going to make enhancements still, but amaaaaaazzziinng looking so far!!

Status
Not open for further replies.