Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Nighttime Lights at Hogwarts Castle - Hollywood

Comparing the stills from the opening ceremony show and the new photos that were released.

- A lot of the scenes will be similar but, I'm sure they've added new scenes.

The-NighttimeLights-at-Hogwarts-Castle-Hufflepuff-WWoHP-at-USH.jpg Hogwarts-800x400.jpg

Exactly the same

After getting some additional, it is sounding more like that the show itself, will be about six minutes long in total.

We'll find out by tonight, but that's the latest.

this-is-super-excitement-gif-1654.gif
Time to get out my drone

(Not going to fly it over anyone. I live close enough to the park that I'll just be flying it in my backyard. Will not be breaking ANY drone laws)

Sorry for a double post but,

Isn't this a bit early to start setting up the barricades? Will they start the show with people still in the park?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for a double post but,

Isn't this a bit early to start setting up the barricades? Will they start the show with people still in the park?

This will be fully able for guests, and that the TM Preview has not occurred yet; but will on the 31st.

This seems to be following something similar to when Hogsmeade began softs last year, where it began before Employee Previews.

Alex so your telling me, tonight "Nighttime Lights" will be testing for all in park guests?

The one day my AP is blacked out!:censored: Everybody is blackout today unless you RSVP or apart of the platinum AP

Alex so your telling me, tonight "Nighttime Lights" will be testing for all in park guests?

The one day my AP is blacked out!:censored:

It's a technical rehearsal. It's not a testing, and that I assume they are starting these now, so that they can come up with plans on having people within the area while the shows go off at the particular times.

This is one of the larger concerns of what it seems, especially with it being as small as it is now of a space.

The one day my AP is blacked out!:censored: Everybody is blackout today unless you RSVP or apart of the platinum AP

There was an email sent out letting you pick one day this weekend to go on a blockout day. I'm debating using mine and going tomorrow.

5 MINUTES, it is 5 minutes long. Maybe even 6ish actually

Great show from what I saw in my seat at city walk LOL

EDIT: Good job Jonathan on the amazing footage you got!

Last edited:
I actually happened to run into Jonathan and stand right next to him during the preview! Delightful to talk to. :)

It's very much like the projection portion of the opening media event, nearly identical minus the fireworks and a small extra effect at the end that does give a firework feel. A few more spotlight beam lights and the addition of the Forbidden Forest lights. My husband recorded it, and it was nearly exactly 5 minutes. They did two shows tonight, separated by about 10-15 minutes. It was cool to see, and was a total surprise to see it... when we went to the park, we had no idea they were even doing this, it was just blind luck!

No one could go on the stage, but they did block off a large area in front of it. They created a narrow-ish walkway for access to FJ and FotH, and I believe there was a second viewing area opposite of Filch's.

The only problem I really had is I felt the narration was a bit difficult to hear. Hopefully they can get that worked out. It wasn't too crowded tonight, but it will be interesting to see what happens to crowd control once it gets larger.

Anybody have a good estimate on how many people the holding pens could contain, especially considering Triwizard stage is off-limits?

Show looks great. Between this and Happily Ever After, projection mapping is so hot right now.

From "as long as fifteen to twenty minutes" to 18 and now 6 minutes! :yikes::bolt:

Enough with these passive-aggressive comments. Please be more civil in discourse. Thank you.

FYI, for anyone else going this weekend and hoping to see the show, some of the signs that pointed to it were the obvious stanchions going up all around the Tri-Wizard stage and opposite Filch's. Team members were told it was for a "special event" and provided no other details, but when we asked people at FotH, they flat out said it was for the light show at 8:45 and 9pm (though those times were a tad off, it was more like 8:40 and 8:55... but that may also be because of technical previews being subject to change). The other big sign: all the Frog Choir and Tri Wizard shows were done by 6:00pm, even though the park was open till 9pm. Check the mobile app to see.

Also, if there are two shows, the area totally emptied out after the first show. They sort of tried to kick everyone out, but then let people back in, as they seemed to be getting a count of how many people were in the viewing area (they were using a clicker). In any case, the viewing area was virtually empty for the second show. We stayed by the fire hydrant to the left of the Tri-Wizard stage, and it seemed like that would be the best view.

It's really hard to say how many people the area holds. It doesn't seem that large for a show, but it did seem to hold quite a few people. For obvious reasons, the first show of the night was the most crowded.

A longer clip has been posted. It feels like they stretched all the media from the grand opening out. Before all these animations would happen at once. Now each animation happens sequentially. I guess it makes sense. The spotlights are a very nice touch.

Last edited:
Getting the word now, it's sounding that they will be able to hold 850 per show. And that, if there are two shows per night, 1700 would be able to see the show.

Now obviously, this will change, and that it's possible they may add another area that may help, but that's what I have learned from the source that broke the word to me of Saturday.

Last edited by a moderator: