SeaWorld San Diego | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

SeaWorld San Diego

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I love Seaworld but as a company they need to be making more sensible financial decisions than that.

Why couldn't they have done a projection of the squid "attacking" instead of a bunch tv screens that break everything up?

I sure wouldn't stand in line for that! I guess it's for little kids, but I think all the the littlest would be bored. And it doesn't make any sense for a ride pretending to be underwater to be mostly outside!

Reactions: Rideguy70
Everyone is overreacting a bit. SeaWorld announced a Family Area geared towards "kids" primarily. They opened 3 Toddler attractions, with a Wave Swinger geared towards the whole family basically along with a family attraction "Submarine Quest" which again is geared toward families. Submarine Quest does its job, families can ride, kids can play, take in the views, all while being on the mild side of things. It wasn't advertised in any images as being an indoor attraction at all. It clearly and visibly showed in concept art a station indoors along with an aquarium. I see no false information or false missteps. The area looks great so far, and will feel even more collective and whole once Electric Eel has been added to the mix next year, having a ride for each age or rider height gap. Some just need to just stop treating SeaWorld with all this negativity. They're doing what they can with what they have. I rather have all this added then nothing at all in this area. In a matter of two years they would have added a new area with 6 rides in total from Low Thrill to High Thrill. Get on board or don't at all, it's that simple.

What are you guys talking about? This looks fine. It looks like their version of the High in the Sky Seuss Trolley Train Ride.

The theming on the outside of the attraction is actually decent, better than i'd expect from SeaWorld. The ride reminds me exactly of the Seuss Trolley. It's a ride aimed at kids as @Ryan said, not those of us looking for a more thrilling experience.

Jinx!

Reactions: ucfjav and Nick
The vehicles are really cute as well, and I like the elevated railway concept. Nice way to add kinetic movement to the land they have here.

Reactions: ucfjav
It's fine. Nothing more. Nothing less.

The attraction that isn't aimed at young children is coming next year in the form of a Tempesto clone named Electric Eel, which unlike at BGW will be a big deal because this park has almost no thrilling attractions. At the very least, they delivered on what they advertised. All the concept art pretty much shows that this is what we would get.

Reactions: ucfjav
If it's supposed to be a family attraction, I think it fails. A family attraction should have something for everyone.

At least Seuss Trolley Train has more to look at.

Reactions: SeaWorldRocks
It isn't meant to be for all ages.

It's a kid's attraction, and that the land itself, actually doesn't look terrible.

The only thing I would critique, is that perhaps they could've made the ride be a bit more indoors-like, but it's a nice addition for kids.

I'd go on Electric Eel or Manta over this though, but to just looking at it positvely, it's good for who it's aiming towards.