Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks | Page 289 | Inside Universal Forums

Nintendo Coming to Universal Parks

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Something that I am finding interesting, with E3, is that they are going to bring Yoshi to popularity. Which, will actually hopefully help Universal as Super Nintendo World will be bringing Yoshi and his characters to a theme park setting.

The same could be said, if Donkey Kong recieves a new title for the Switch in the next year, but who knows at this point.

Either way, bringing characters like Yoshi, and Donkey Kong to full-fledged Switch Titles may bring them a bit more in popularity, and that it will be relevant for Super Nintendo World's themed areas.

Are Yoshi and DK not popular? DK has had a ton of games in the Wii->3DS->Wii U generations, and Yoshi has had a handful too. I don't think either are unknowns to the general population.

I'd argue Zelda and Kirby are more unknown by the GP in the original plans than Yoshi or DK. Not that people don't know Zelda/Kirby, but they're a bit more obscure.

Are Yoshi and DK not popular? DK has had a ton of games in the Wii->3DS->Wii U generations, and Yoshi has had a handful too. I don't think either are unknowns to the general population.

I'd argue Zelda and Kirby are more unknown by the GP in the original plans than Yoshi or DK. Not that people don't know Zelda/Kirby, but they're a bit more obscure.

I would argue that Zelda is more popular than what you would say, but Kirby I would agree is a bit more obscure.

Either way, it's just something I thought of.

I would argue that Zelda is more popular than what you would say, but Kirby I would agree is a bit more obscure.

Either way, it's just something I thought of.

Zelda is far more popular in the "hardcore" space, sure. But normal guests know jack squat about it. My mom knows who Donkey Kong and Yoshi are. She doesn't know the difference between Link and Zelda or who Ganon is.

Something that I am finding interesting, with E3, is that they are going to bring Yoshi to popularity. Which, will actually hopefully help Universal as Super Nintendo World will be bringing Yoshi and his characters to a theme park setting.

The same could be said, if Donkey Kong recieves a new title for the Switch in the next year, but who knows at this point.

Either way, bringing characters like Yoshi, and Donkey Kong to full-fledged Switch Titles may bring them a bit more in popularity, and that it will be relevant for Super Nintendo World's themed areas.
Kirby too! Kirby hasn't had a full game in a really long time. The only two I can think of are Kirby 64 and the Kirby fabric felt game for the Wii (probably missing some DS games here)

Zelda is far more popular in the "hardcore" space, sure. But normal guests know jack squat about it. My mom knows who Donkey Kong and Yoshi are. She doesn't know the difference between Link and Zelda or who Ganon is.

Yeah I would say Yoshi and DK are far more popular to the general public than Zelda

I'm with your mom, no idea what link or zelda or ganon are. I'm 27

EDIT: that's not entirely true, I know he has a green hat i think?

Totally agree with that. I don't know if Zelda is popular, but it definitely has name recognition. I'd be shocked if most people dont't recognize the name "Legend of Zelda" and could maybe articulate Link's outfit or the castle.

EDIT: I can English

Donkey Kong and Yoshi are huge software sellers and operate as their own "franchises" for Nintendo. They also get frequent exposure from popular Mario sports & party titles.

Zelda is VERY popular with the core video game fan base, but yes, it does not have nearly the public recognition occupied by Mario & co. Most people know Zelda exists but think Link is Zelda. The iconography resonates, at least.

Kirby is HUGE HUGE HUGE overseas. His original inclusion made sense for the same reason Hello Kitty now occupies prime real estate - big with international tourists. I wouldn't be surprised if he makes his way back in at some point.

I wrote a few articles for Orlando Informer last year analyzing all this with hard nuts and bolts software sale numbers. Looks like those predictions lined up pretty closely with reality. (Though back then, Yoshi was slated to just get a water play area. In these plans, that went to Kirby. Now it looks like Yoshi has a small ride taking the Zelda plot.)

Reactions: JungleSkip
Damn- I always knew link was the green hat guy with the sword that shoots out when you have full hearts. No clue who Zelda is. The love interest? Princess peach's equal in that realm?

Kirby is HUGE HUGE HUGE overseas. His original inclusion made sense for the same reason Hello Kitty now occupies prime real estate - big with international tourists. I wouldn't be surprised if he makes his way back in at some point.

Yea, this is definitely true for the international audience (see the Kirby Restaurants in Japan). I think Kirby is the perfect character for the kiddy rides, and would love if his little area is included still, though I don't think it is.,

Damn- I always knew link was the green hat guy with the sword that shoots out when you have full hearts. No clue who Zelda is. The love interest? Princess peach's equal in that realm?

Zelda's a bit more capable than Peach is often portrayed. Zelda is often portrayed as more of the warrior-princess than the damsel in distress since the N64 games.

Which Pokemon is Kirby again? :lol:

250px-039Jigglypuff.png