Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney Springs Discussion

Characters in Flight now goes under the new name "Aerophile: The World Leader in Balloon Flight".

I would preferred something less corporate... "Aerophile Presents, Characters in Flight" would've been good, but oh well.

So I went to Disney springs for a lunch at boathouse last September- it was brief and in and out.

This past week we went to Vero beach and then did two days at WDW- non park. One was watching 4th of July fireworks from the Poly, the next day was Disney Springs and then DVC Typhoon Lagoon party.
Let me preface by saying I HATE shopping. We travel quite a bit- New Orleans, Savannah, etc. my wife and her friends (if we travel with them) want to go into the occasional stores and browse and I moan and whine like a 12 year old boy. It's pulling teeth for me.

But... I Loved Disney Springs. We were there from 10am to roughly 2:30pm and I loved it all. We bought absolutely nothing and just did free stuff. Let the kids play at Legoland, build light sabers, got my free DVC watch at luxury of time (for kids), got chocolate from ghiradelles, slurpys from Goofys, ate lunch, etc. only thing I spent money on was Lunch and some cokes at the top of the Coca Cola store- which was awesome!

I'm a fan. Clearly, it was a failure on their part because I didn't spend a dime- but I have nothing but good things to say about the place. It was fun- even in the sweltering heat and humidity of July.

So I went to Disney springs for a lunch at boathouse last September- it was brief and in and out.

This past week we went to Vero beach and then did two days at WDW- non park. One was watching 4th of July fireworks from the Poly, the next day was Disney Springs and then DVC Typhoon Lagoon party.
Let me preface by saying I HATE shopping. We travel quite a bit- New Orleans, Savannah, etc. my wife and her friends (if we travel with them) want to go into the occasional stores and browse and I moan and whine like a 12 year old boy. It's pulling teeth for me.

But... I Loved Disney Springs. We were there from 10am to roughly 2:30pm and I loved it all. We bought absolutely nothing and just did free stuff. Let the kids play at Legoland, build light sabers, got my free DVC watch at luxury of time (for kids), got chocolate from ghiradelles, slurpys from Goofys, ate lunch, etc. only thing I spent money on was Lunch and some cokes at the top of the Coca Cola store- which was awesome!

I'm a fan. Clearly, it was a failure on their part because I didn't spend a dime- but I have nothing but good things to say about the place. It was fun- even in the sweltering heat and humidity of July.

I wouldn't call that a failure at all from Disney's part. You spent some money but you had a good time and you might encourage other people to go.

The former Portobello restaurant at DS will become Terralina Crafted Italian

terr0239802349.jpg

ter019234820394fi.jpg

Terralina Crafted Italian Restaurant Opens This Fall at Disney Springs

Also, Maria & Enzo's, will be opening as a part of The Edison, operated by The Patina Group. It will be in the undegound "speakeasy" part of the restaurant, formerly though to be called The Neverland Tunnels.

New Italian restaurant Maria & Enzo's coming to Disney Springs | Blogs

Lastly, Wolfgang Puck Express closed a few weeks ago on the west side of Disney Springs in preparation for a move to a larger location next to the Coke store under the name Wolfgang Puck Bar & Grill. A Mexican concept by chef Jose Andres, Jaleo, will be going in Wolfgang Puck's former location.

IMG_5908-1200x900.jpg

Openings/closures roundup:
- Sound Lion closed/ Savannah Bee Company now open in it's spot
- Vince Camuto closed (Nationwide company closure)/ Coach replacing late 2017
- APEX by Sunglass Hut closed/ Oakley replacing
- Wolfgang Puck Closed/ Jaleo replacing
- Disney Quest closed/ NBA Experience replacing
- La Nouba closing (12/31)/ New Cirque show replacing (it's rumored they want to base the new show off of Disney animation)
- The Edison and Maria and Enzo opening Late 2017/Early 2018
- Wine Bar George opening in 2018
- Wolfgang Puck Bar & Grill opening in 2018

- Sound Lion closed/ Savannah Bee Company now open in it's spot
Oh Savannah Bee Company- what a rise- they started in 2009...
One of the best things about this is the stock they'll be able to carry. They couldn't carry some of their more delicate honey's or Mead due to the fact that they were in a kiosk and the temperature didn't allow it. Their B&M stores are experiences. Honey/honeycomb tastings (the whipped honey is ridiculously good)- and Mead tastings. Curious if they'll have Mead at this location.

I just had Polite Pig for the first time over the weekend. YUM. Got to sample a bunch of sides including watermelon/feta cheese salad, mac and cheese, smoked potato salad with bacon vinaigrette, cheese grits with collard greens. Everything was delicious! My brisket sandwich with pimento cheese and fried onion strings was great too, just super messy.

They're in the middle of demolishing the Disney Quest building so NBA can happen so i'm gonna go with yes until proven otherwise.
The thing that makes me question it is how mum Disney has been on it. There literally hasn't been any official mention of it since January. You'd think since DisneyQuest closed there would have been least a short blurb somewhere about it. No art, no blog post, nothing on the construction walls, nothing. I just find it a little odd.

The thing that makes me question it is how mum Disney has been on it. There literally hasn't been any official mention of it since January. You'd think since DisneyQuest closed there would have been least a short blurb somewhere about it. No art, no blog post, nothing on the construction walls, nothing. I just find it a little odd.
I think it actually was mentioned in a blog post, alongside about 4 other restaurants. I'd have to double-check though.

I can't find an official mention from Disney since the original blog announcement in January.

There's a bunch of news articles about DisneyQuest's closing which mention NBA Experience. Those articles all reference back to the announcement post.