D23 Expo 2017 - News & Speculation | Page 23 | Inside Universal Forums

D23 Expo 2017 - News & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What D23 Parks Announcement are you most excited about?

• Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Details + Model

• Ratataouille Addition to France Pavilion

• Guardians of the Galaxy ride (replacing Universe of Energy)

• Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway (replacing The Great Movie Ride)

• Tron Shanghai Clone addition to Tomorrowland

• Disney Skyliner

• Pixar Pier/Pixar Fest + Paint The Night return

• Marvel Land at DCA

• Star Wars Hotel

• New Theatre on Main Street

Results are only viewable after voting.
The problem isn't complacency. They can't always build E-Tickets - and just think of what they've added since Hogsmeade. The issue is that they haven't shown their cards yet for the future, which isn't helping anyone look forward to their future really. We know Nintendo is coming - but remember there is a 4th park on the horizon and other bits. They just got to pull the trigger and share it. Disney just released their 5 year plan, it would be a good idea for Uni to do the same.

Ehh I think announcing details of SNW, fourth park ideas, and the D.C. Replacement would do wonders.
All they need to do is drop the fourth park info on Monday and all momentum would go right back to Universal. But until that happens- Disney is certainly the conductor of the hype train.

This sounds pretty great. It makes me finally want to visit WDW once it's all said and done.
Im digging the Epcot changes.
Hated frozen in Norway. Love rat in Paris. I'm totally fine with appropriate IPs in appropriate spots. I've always thought each country should have a restaurant, show and attraction (like, a real one :))

GotG and the entire space side will be interesting now. I'm curious if they drop the height requirement on the green space. Sounded like they might based on the ages they were talking about.

Guardians and rat are both additions. (I don't count UoE)
Tron and the theater are additions.
FINALLY- we get adds and not just dumb replacements.
They woke up and are taking advantage of all that room they have.
Just like Pandora, RoL/DAK expansions, TSL, SWGE (I don't count LMA).
They've been making some great moves lately.

Last edited:
I mean I'm interested in the ride and really won't miss GMR since the only time I ride it is when I want to get out of the heat.

And Nintendo? I'm very skeptical.

Tokyo's SNW is planned for 2020, and construction is starting already. Kidzone is still open. How are they going to open Nintendo in 2021? Hard to believe.
Not An insider but have a friend who's in corporate who told me Nintendo is 2020 earliest

Do we have s thread for the new Main Street theater. Heard it was replacing Mickey meet and greet next to Tony's at first, but Tony's is not pictured in concept art.

More likely is it's going off the bypass street, behind Main Street proper, right? This image shows how the side street could lead right to it even.

Do we have s thread for the new Main Street theater. Heard it was replacing Mickey meet and greet next to Tony's at first, but Tony's is not pictured in concept art.

More likely is it's going off the bypass street, behind Main Street proper, right? This image shows how the side street could lead right to it even.

MEChV0f.jpg

So essentially that.

That..would actually make sense.

Now that I've got time to write something, here's a my run down of thoughts from the P&R announcements.

MK
Tron - Even though I would've swapped placement with GotG, I'm quite happy this is coming.
New Theater - Ok, that kind of came out of nowhere. Ultimately what matters most is what kind of show is performing in it.

Epcot
Ratatouille - As I've said before, while Rat is currently the weakest of Disney's trackless darkrides, I'm fine with it as it's being a legit addition to the attraction roster and it's not replacing anything.
New Circlevision film for China - Alrighty, as long as it's good, I'm fine with it.

Overhauled Future World - Bout' time Innoventions was put out of it's misery, I'm intruiged to see what exactly is coming. Though to address the obvious elephant in the room. Seriously Dis, don't pander to us by saying what's coming is going to stick to the original vision. That vision is dead and you know it. Especially when moments later you announce...

GotG - As I've also said before, the only qualm I have with this, is it doesn't fit Epcot. An' the reason why it's there is some serious mental gymnatics with one desperate reach. I just hope that whatever it is, is good.

New M:S Green mission/Space Resturant - We heard there was a new green mission coming, so yay for that being confirmed. An' the resturant is a nice lil' plus.

DHS
Mickey & Minnie Darkride - For me I'm split. I am a bit bummed GMR is leaving, even though it's days were numbered as it wasn't getting the major updates/overhaul it needed. An' while I'd be fine with a Mickey darkride, I'm not a fan of the current animation style they're using. Also, great job closing it soon so the park only has four rides.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Well that's a silly name, I'm just gonna' call it Star Wars Land like most everyone else will.
First Order/Resistance darkride - Still excited for this one, bring on the grand scale trackless darkride!
Millenium Falcon ride - My excitement level is solely dependant on how interactive this attraction is, I want a nice bit of control of the MF. I don't want a MF version of Mission: Space. However it's looking dangerously close to a MF version of Mission: Space, so my excitement for this has plummeted.

Skyliner Gondolas - I like the name, but good luck to anyone riding those things if there's no AC.
Minnie Vans - I'm fine with them adding a point to point transportation, but oi, those vans don't look good.

New DVC - That'll be nice for DVC, but I have no intrest.
Star Wars Hotel - If the price point is higher then Grand Floridian, and you need two nights minimum, and gotta' shell out several hundred per extra person, screw that. I honestly don't care how immersive it's supposed to be, I just want a nice hotel to sleep in.

DCA
Marvel Land - Ok, so that's finally confirmed. (Can't really say much else until we actually know what'll be going in.)
Pixar Pier - Wow...wow...wowzers...they put over a billion dollars to fix the park and make it nice, only to slap on something that's completely unsessicary.

Reactions: UNIrd and twebber55
I bet the new flex theater at MK replaces Tony's and the Mickey/Tinkerbelle meet and great. Where else would it go?
That theatre looked bigger than a flex space... looked like it was almost on the scale of DCA's Hyperion Theater, which could be exciting for the park.

Its time for Uni to have a U23 right?
*U12 would be more like it actually :tongue:

D23 was named after the year the company was founded (being 1923). Universal was founded in 1912.

Skyliner Gondolas - I like the name, but good luck to anyone riding those things if there's no AC.
There will be AC, just as there is with all modern gondolas.