Attendance Tracker | Page 69 | Inside Universal Forums

Attendance Tracker

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Spoke with my friend who works at DHS and confirms it's been "dead" the past few weeks. DAK has to be pulling people from DHS. Is this something that could be attributed to Disney's ticketing structure? I know I've seen quite a few promotional offers over the years that limit to 3 parks and force guests to lose one. But not sure if these are FL resident tickets are probably blocked out right anyway.
That makes sense. Many of us were speculating earlier that AK Pandora would pull attendance away from DHS once it opened. The Pandora bump seems more like a NFL bump, if even that, for the WDW resort, rather than the Cars Land bump they were hoping for.

Spoke with my friend who works at DHS and confirms it's been "dead" the past few weeks. DAK has to be pulling people from DHS. Is this something that could be attributed to Disney's ticketing structure? I know I've seen quite a few promotional offers over the years that limit to 3 parks and force guests to lose one. But not sure if these are FL resident tickets are probably blocked out right anyway.
They have been pushing the 4 day ticket hard here on the west coast. No blockouts
Disney Theme Park Tickets | Orlando, Florida | Walt Disney World Resort

Reactions: Mad Dog
Reactions: JoeCamel
Hmmmm for the last 10 years I have told anyone who would listen Don't go in summer!!! It's too hot and too crowded. I guess people are finally listening.... I should keep my mouth shut
Summer crowds seem to have been spread out over the year now. Not only variable pricing, but changes in school calendars and the proliferation of cyber & charter schools give families alternative times of the year to go. But Florida is still way too hot, humid & rainy in the summer.:eek: As a tourist from the northeast, there is absolutely no way I would step foot in Florida in the summer. :ack:

120mins+ for RnR is dead!?

Could we be seeing a decline next year with all the recent announcements? I'm meant to be going next year but knowing what's coming after next year, I'm giving some serious consideration to putting it off for a year.

2018 just doesn't have a lot of appeal in Orlando for new rides which is ironic as it seems like the area has felt stagnant for so long.

Could we be seeing a decline next year with all the recent announcements? I'm meant to be going next year but knowing what's coming after next year, I'm giving some serious consideration to putting it off for a year.

2018 just doesn't have a lot of appeal in Orlando for new rides which is ironic as it seems like the area has felt stagnant for so long.

We won't reflect the normal picture but we planned on leaving it 4 years and going 2021...but that's just too long without my fix so we are going to get a cheap late deal sept 2018, go for a week (usually 2 or 3) then go 2021 for the new stuff.

So a 2 1/2 - 3 year gap up for us from 2018-2021.

Reactions: Scott W.

Not for Universal and SeaWorld. Oooooh snap.

10zmka1.jpg

Reactions: Joel and Scott W.
While on the topic, I had a look for my parents earlier tonight for September this year. One of the cheapest deals coming up at £650 for flights and hotel is Disney. It was a value hotel but I've never seen Disney that cheap before.

Another anecdote, but even with a ton of new restaurants, 192 was as packed as I've ever seen it this evening. Even after 9, every restaurant I drove by had people spilling out. Traffic was backed up on the no-name road that runs behind all of them. Just Christmas week busy.

Meanwhile, AFAIK, Magic Kingdom closed at 10 pm.

Another anecdote, but even with a ton of new restaurants, 192 was as packed as I've ever seen it this evening. Even after 9, every restaurant I drove by had people spilling out. Traffic was backed up on the no-name road that runs behind all of them. Just Christmas week busy.

Meanwhile, AFAIK, Magic Kingdom closed at 10 pm.
Mice Chat photo article on Epcot today. The article pointed out how empty the park was at mid afternoon on a sunny summer day, and had photos to prove it.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Magic reporting AP discount increased to 30% (!) on plenty of resort restaurants (Citricos, Grand Cafe, Wave, Jiko, Flying Fish, Artist Point, Captains Grill ...). I'd heard Disney Springs was doing some damage, but wow. CMs' "Christmas gift" is a one-time use 40% discount.

While on the topic, I had a look for my parents earlier tonight for September this year. One of the cheapest deals coming up at £650 for flights and hotel is Disney. It was a value hotel but I've never seen Disney that cheap before.
how many nights? tickets not included I imagine?