HHN Hollywood General Discussion - 2017 | Page 82 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Hollywood General Discussion - 2017

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
jesus we could have had a cool usher cameo in the house. but you know murdy and his icons. most of them are walkers

Sometimes I wonder if it's Marketing that won't let him use Icons.. I remember a very strong rumor from 2013 that said Murdy was planning on using The Usher and giving him a Silver Screams maze with the Universal Classic Monsters.. but then Marketing/higher-ups forced him to scrap it at the last minute because they wanted to emphasize and expand The Walking Dead's role in the event that year..

Sometimes I wonder if it's Marketing that won't let him use Icons.. I remember a very strong rumor from 2013 that said Murdy was planning on using The Usher and giving him a Silver Screams maze with the Universal Classic Monsters.. but then Marketing/higher-ups forced him to scrap it at the last minute because they wanted to emphasize and expand The Walking Dead's role in the event that year..
hhn 2017 tagline ; farfanoogin YOU MARKETING

Was discussing with @HHNManics this year... anyone feel bad for Murdy? It seems like he's definitely having a rough time with mazes, IP obtaining, etc... I really feel for him. Hopefully he goes into next year with a better outlook, but this is definitely a chaotic year for him.
Some of his tweets seem genuine, especially the one about the suffering and the ominous smile.

Reactions: chris.g
Was discussing with @HHNManics this year... anyone feel bad for Murdy? It seems like he's definitely having a rough time with mazes, IP obtaining, etc... I really feel for him. Hopefully he goes into next year with a better outlook, but this is definitely a chaotic year for him.

Yeah.. This is probably the roughest year he's had in terms of creating HHN :( Not even 2010 and 2012 were this chaotic in terms of maze announcements and IP obtaining.. I hope this doesn't have a negative effect on him to the point where he quits doing HHN :(

For me personally, I always feel that recently the odd number years, not including 2010, for the event have the most trouble or the end result is meh, while even numbered years at the event have better outcomes. In 2013 we had a solid lineup, but poor execution of quite a few aspects in mazes. 2015 TITE, AVP, that distracting hedge wallpaper in Halloween, 4th year of the Walking Dead, loss of 7th maze, and a "meh" Jabawockeez performance. 2011's terror tram felt sort of like they were gonna expand on the Scream universe, but last minute added the movies coming to life concept, along with an awkward Wolfman maze that we were supposed to get in 2009, but instead forced it into the HoH. I hope this year kicks that odd feel.

Yeah I feel horrible for Murdy. It's weird to think how much this year's event has event has changed in the course of 7 months, I mean in December the lineup wasn't too far off but The Conjuring is so huge it kinda just threw everything off. This year also seems to be the first time Hollywood's had 2 "Scream" properties with Conjuring being scrapped and AvED being changed last minute. Hopefully 2018 goes over more peacefully!

Murdy's a great guy who cares deeply about the event. Any professional is going to anticipate and handle setbacks, but I agree, this year feels particularly turbulent. Wishing all the best for he and his team... I've found sometimes the best creative material comes from working within limitations (2009's House of Horrors, Orlando). We shall see, but I am excited!

Murdy's a great guy who cares deeply about the event. Any professional is going to anticipate and handle setbacks, but I agree, this year feels particularly turbulent. Wishing all the best for he and his team... I've found sometimes the best creative material comes from working within limitations (2009's House of Horrors, Orlando). We shall see, but I am excited!

Don't you mean 2012 for Orlando? :tongue:

Its unfortunate, but I don't think Murdy is a saint in this situation.

Hopefully things work out in the best way, but I have an feeling that things are going to change for next year, on both coasts in the terms of how they announce things and with the IPs, as this is probably having some form of issues with the Orlando Teams aswell.

Reactions: chris.g
Anyone kinda feel like this year is somewhat reminiscent of Orlando's 2009 event? Idk I was thinking about it and we have a house for a movie coming the next year(Wolfman/Insidious), a Saw house, a Chucky house, a classic(Dracula/Shining), and an IP mashup house. It's a stretch but I thought it was kinda cool

Also, I'm curious what our classic horror IP is gonna be for next year, since we're slowly running out

I'll drop a shameless plug for my construction video too! My footage isn't as recent as Freak's (mine was last Saturday) but I got some good footage of all the mazes under construction including whatever the heck is being built in Waterworld

I'll drop a shameless plug for my construction video too! My footage isn't as recent as Freak's (mine was last Saturday) but I got some good footage of all the mazes under construction including whatever the heck is being built in Waterworld

Waterworld is Chucky, but it's unknown whether it's the funhouse or Cult of Chucky version

Last edited: