TRON Lightcycle Run | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

TRON Lightcycle Run

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
From what I can tell, it is rather short; about on-par with Space Mountain in Paris in length. As for the ride itself, it seems with the tight-neck turns and corners around the attraction, it uses a lack of space albeit efficiently; using the speed and tight layout to it's advantage.

Atleast, from what I see.
That's sort of what I get from it from what i've looked into on wikipedia and other sites. Most say about 2 minute ride time and max speed of 60mph... It doesn't go upside down however so i'd think based on intensity level, speed and length, RNRC probably is the more thrilling coaster.

Of course the motorbike style seats for the coaster could create a thrill that can't be easily replicated.

That back corner of the park will definitely help pull crowds away from 7dmc, maybe I can actually ride it and not wait so long or worry about getting a FP lol
A ride at low capacity given crowd levels will have that issue no matter what, Peter pan still has issues.

Reactions: Disneyhead
That's sort of what I get from it from what i've looked into on wikipedia and other sites. Most say about 2 minute ride time and max speed of 60mph... It doesn't go upside down however so i'd think based on intensity level, speed and length, RNRC probably is the more thrilling coaster.

Of course the motorbike style seats for the coaster could create a thrill that can't be easily replicated.

Plus, it runs through darkened sections which makes the speed seem much higher than actual.

Is there a chance that they will add more to this one and make it a longer ride or is it assumed to be the exact same thing?

I've been on TRON in Shanghai about 7 times... When I first saw the POVs from park opening I was pretty underwhelmed due to length of the ride. However after riding this.. It's a truly fantastic modern day Disney coaster.

The launch I around 60 mph however compared to RnRC, the launch is smoother and less lurch inducing. Turns and movement are very smooth with the ride not really having any drops. I would say the track is pretty comparable to Space Mountain in Disneyland in terms of smoothness. What gives an otherwise tame coaster some excitement is the bike setup for seating. After riding it multiple times, I see why they chose the length they did as any longer and I could see the seating position being slightly uncomfortable as you are leaned forward like a speed bike vs the more upright of FoP in AK. The last cart in some vehicles does have a normal sit down option for those with mobility issues. I requested this cart twice to try it and the ride was still very fun.

In terms of atmosphere and queue.. It's incredible. It's so rare to step in to a line up that amps you up for whats coming. Most queues entertain or encourage me to take in my surroundings.. Tron with the lights, special video window, launching coaster and that amazing Daft Punk score just had me blown away in excitement. It's a feeling that's hard to convey.. but its something else.

As for my feelings about it being in MK... It ends up looking pretty good and will be beautiful at night. Thrill wise, It would for sure be the most intense attraction in MK. However it's not nearly as intense as RnRC is for comparison. It's way smoother and less jerky than BTMR and as I mentioned very similar in feel to Space Mountain in Disneyland but just add a launch. Only concern is how Americans feel about the seating. Seeing how much of a fuss the kicked up regarding FoP, I can see this being worse as you kind of lean forward more like being on a motorbike... It got uncomfortable by the end of the ride.

I documented a bunch of TRON in a travel VLOG (Shanghai, Tokyo & HKDL). So feel free to check it out. day time TRON/Tomorrowland starts at 48 seconds and I took a small on ride clip from the modified rider vehicle. Also includes Queue and area stuff. Make sure to watch the amazing window effect at 1:21 (You also can see the launch and how smooth it is)!
More Tron but at night time from 2:35 on wards as well!

Who cares if it's a niche movie if it's a good ride? Avatar brought us the best ride Disney has created in decades and that IP probably has a less active fan community than Tron.

People like quality and it's a new ride (i.e. not a replacement) in the MAGIC KINGDOM. It's going to be popular as all hell.

*rubs temples*

That wasn't my point.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Yeah, you're point was TRON isn't a big draw, especially compared to Potter.

My point is TRON is a huge draw no matter what because it's in the Magic Kingdom. It may not drive crowds because of the IP, but when people hear about a new coaster coming to MK it will draw huge crowds.

I didn't say no one...

Never mind. This isn't worth it.

My point is TRON is a huge draw no matter what because it's in the Magic Kingdom. It may not drive crowds because of the IP, but when people hear about a new coaster coming to MK it will draw huge crowds.

Shhh! don’t say “coaster” too loud, or they might cancel the project. I like TRON’s visuals and the movie is not bad at all, but probably too techie of a script for many to fully understand or identify with. I know the coaster is not a big deal, but the visuals are awesome, so I welcome the idea. At least I know in advance what I am getting and won’t have the huge underwhelming feeling I had with Pandora.

TRON's location makes me worry about the future of Space Mountain. I can see Space Mountain's guest scores dropping like a rock when people view it as outdated and hokey in comparison.

The way Disney surveys you're never really asked to compare similar attractions, with perhaps the exception of Fantasyland because there are so many they are unavoidably grouped together. You're supposed to judge each alone, but when they are grouped in a land basic human psychology starts to rank them. If A if "Good" and B was better than A to me, then I should rank B higher, but if "Good" is the best rating, then A should be "Bad" now.

In theory an update for Space Mountain to make it more modern would be nice... but we all know the most likely result is the ride getting torn down.

It's also a good people eater, I don't think Disney would want that out of action as well as SM too but then this is Disney so you never know.