Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I highly, highly, highly doubt it's the Mack Inverted.
Tell that to the Twittersphere. They seem pretty convinced today. I guess they figure an inverted for an inverted makes sense to them.

It's a possibility, I guess. But I've grown quite fond of the sidecar motorbike idea in recent weeks myself.

So...here's an little eulogy I wrote on Dueling Dragons/Dragon Challenge on some other message boards:

Dueling Dragons/Dragon Challenge shutting down is, in a way, kind of a small tragedy in of itself.

Unlike Universal Studios Florida, which has essentially gutted out every original attraction that was present at opening day (with the lone exception of ET Adventure), Islands of Adventure had always done a good job of maintaining all of its rides and attractions it had since it first opened. The only things we've lost over the years were mostly minor stuff like the Triceratops Encounter and Island Skipper Tours.

So yeah, Dueling Dragons is the park's first true casualty in that regard. It's just a shame how much the attraction deteriorated over the years. It used to be a premier attraction, a unique one of a kind coaster(s) with luxurious and detailed theming for its queue line when it was apart of The Lost Continent. Then of course, Harry Potter came along and gutted that area, and then it eventually lost the ability to duel, finally ridding the ride(s) completely of its soul. And now here we are, and it's all going to disappear completely.

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is no doubt a huge accomplishment for theme park design and I'm looking forward to seeing this new attraction, but, as an old fan of Islands of Adventure, I kinda hate to see how much was sacrificed for it. I'll always miss walking by the two awesome fire and ice dragons that used to be in front of Dueling Dragons/Dragon Challenge...

battling-dragons-dueling.jpg

giphy.gif

watching these sad to see it go posts and i'm over here like SAYONARA SUCKA!!! They should do a one-time show and blow up that mess with a decent amount of explosives

tenor.gif

Ugh, I'm really going to miss this ride. Back when it was Dueling Dragons, Ice Dragon made me conquer my fear of roller coasters at 11 years old. That said the new ride sounds like it will be a fun one!

Just a calculated guess on my part, but this is a huge plot of land, similar in size to Diagon & future Nintendo. Universal possibly leaves a 2 acre or so plot of this land in a pure forest state (Forbidden Forest) with walking paths through it, that can be converted into an additional future D or E ticket attraction. In essence, a forested expansion pad that gives them flexibility for another phase and an easy build.

Hopefully the centaurs are AAs?
AA's would look cool and would be impressive, but I feel like the scene would be very limited as the centaurs would have little motion other then in their upper body assuming they do not have technology that would allow them to run or be more interactive with us. They most likely would have screens with the edges covered by trees and would look something like this:Photos of Jason Piper or like the shot during 0.2-0.6 of this video

Status
Not open for further replies.