Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion | Page 109 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I rode Disaster during HHN when it was new. We just skipped all the pre-show elements and got straight on the ride.

Ah. Sorry. I should've put in more context, that from my knowledge of the past 6 years, if it has a live human aspect, it's closed. No T2, no Horror Make Up Show, no Disaster.

I'm really hoping this year's event is more memorable than last year. None of the houses from 2016 have stuck with me whatsoever despite loving Halloween and Krampus. Maybe it's because I only got to do one run on every house, but it's definitely the weakest of the 3 years I've attended so far.

I'm really hoping this year's event is more memorable than last year. None of the houses from 2016 have stuck with me whatsoever despite loving Halloween and Krampus. Maybe it's because I only got to do one run on every house, but it's definitely the weakest of the 3 years I've attended so far.
From what I've heard (and seen *cackles*), the houses are strong. The three original originals all sound like classic HHN stunners. The type of houses that they typically only have one of each year.

The performances are always the unknown. Weak concepts can be elevated by a passionate cast (Havoc 2010). "Obvious" home runs can struggle because of turnover, drama, or just never clicking scare-wise (Roanoke). And there's so little actual rehearsal, no one will know until the second week which has a shot to reach its potential.

EDIT - And Hook... if I'm right that'll be something special.

Last edited:
I really don't understand the appeal of that game, but it would be interesting to see them rework the Monsters Cafe into a FNAF themed restaurant.
It's interesting, as I was surprised at how scary I found the game. Although I'm quite terrible at it. lol. But I think it would make for a pretty stunning and scary setting at a horror park. I think they did something with FNAF in Vegas last Halloween with positive reviews.

I would LOVE if this was Five Nights at Freddy's ... with hook being reference to Foxy. That would be amazing.

I'm a staunch supporter of a FNF house. People are pushed away by the Let's Play/Pewdiepie crowd around it. "Ruined family fun center with killer robotic animals" as an original house would be an all time classic.

I really don't understand the appeal of that game, but it would be interesting to see them rework the Monsters Cafe into a FNAF themed restaurant.

Ehhhh that's crossing a line between a horror museum and near horror immersion that could push people away. I think it'd be an awesome pop up restaurant for HHN!

Ehhhh that's crossing a line between a horror museum and near horror immersion that could push people away. I think it'd be an awesome pop up restaurant for HHN!

That's what I meant. I didn't mean a year-round attraction. Just roll out the props and costumes during the set-up time between park close/HHN open.

I think FNAF will happen sooner or later. It lends itself to a house really well and is more popular than many of the IP's already used.

I think FNAF will happen sooner or later. It lends itself to a house really well and is more popular than many of the IP's already used.

I think it'll happen sooner or later too, but for a different reason.

That reason in my eyes, is actually Blumhouse's relationship with Universal; with Blumhouse being the production company for the untitled FNAF film.