Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

SeaWorld Entertainment Corporate News (Old Leadership Thread)

And btw, the news that Dueling Dragons/Challenge is closing is exactly the kind of break SeaWorld should be taking note of to establish some kind of identity in Orlando outside of just the marine animals. If I were SeaWorld, I'd be having an emergency afternoon meeting with creative to fund and build a few kick-ass coasters over the next 5 years. It's time to take ownership of being the thrill capital of Orlando. Universal is going to be a primarily screen based park going forward, and SeaWorld would look great with a skyline full of twisted steel. Disney is gonna be Disney no matter what.

Here's the opening you've been waiting for SeaWorld, take the opportunity and do something special with it!
I agree that that is the direction they need to go, but since Orlando is mecca for families, I think it should be a less extreme iron park. By that I mean that I think Mako is a great step towards that direction. It's a solid "big boy" coaster, but it's not a very extreme coaster. Manta is similar. So in that vein, after Sesame Street, here is what I would do.

1. Replace the water ski stadium with "Luna Lagoon"- a turn of the century sea side amusement boardwalk that has a large but not extreme white "wooden" coaster backdrop, large ferris wheel, wave swinger, tilt-a-whirl, octopus, and a carousel. And an old school Haunted House ride themed to a Pirate Ship. The key to this area is it has to be beautiful. So really overdo the Victorian era Seven Seas theme. And the flats have to be well themed and integrated with themed platforms and landscaping. Also lots of fountains. Since the namesake, Luna Park was a showcase for Edison's new electric lights, popcorn lights out the wazoo. The place should be stunning at night.

2. B&M Flyer near/around Clyde and Seamore.

3. Jet ski coaster near Manatee Rescue.

4. Add a Mack Mad Mouse to Sesame Street land.

6. Turn the whole place into a botanical garden. I mean, just go nuts. Make it look like the Flower & Garden Festival and Cypress Gardens had a love child.

5. 500 room "value" resort with lounge, lazy river, and exclusive park entrance.

Last edited:
Last I heard, the next coaster in the works for SeaWorld Orlando is a family Jet Rescue coaster with a drop track over where Wild Arctic is. Not sure if this is still the case, but I'd get that thing off the ground right after Infinity Falls opens.

Totally agree with your opinion that the coasters have to cater to the Orlando audience, but they also need to be more in the style of Manta going forward, and less in the style of Kraken and Mako. Fully integrated experiences that have complimentary walk-thru attractions for non-riders.

Everything needs to be custom built as well. If you're going to be a destination theme park, you cannot have coasters existing within that can be found at Six Flags... (cough cough Sand Serpent cough cough)

Last edited:
Its definitely coming guys. Just give them a chance to get it going. SeaWorld is going to be the roller coaster/high thrill park you all want. They will be known more for rides in the coming years then they will be animals I am pretty sure. I still feel 10 years down the road its going to be entirely different then it is now just got to have the time to build it all

SeaWorld is changing to a more ride focused park, but SeaWorldRocks rest assured that animals are still a big part of the future. The plans I have seen for the penguin habitat at SeaWorld Abu Dhabi are absolutely stunning. If you think Antarctica in Orlando is big, think again!

I agree that that is the direction they need to go, but since Orlando is mecca for families, I think it should be a less extreme iron park. By that I mean that I think Mako is a great step towards that direction. It's a solid "big boy" coaster, but it's not a very extreme coaster. Manta is similar. So in that vein, after Sesame Street, here is what I would do.

1. Replace the water ski stadium with "Luna Lagoon"- a turn of the century sea side amusement boardwalk that has a large but not extreme white "wooden" coaster backdrop, large ferris wheel, wave swinger, tilt-a-whirl, octopus, and a carousel. And an old school Haunted House ride themed to a Pirate Ship. The key to this area is it has to be beautiful. So really overdo the Victorian era Seven Seas theme. And the flats have to be well themed and integrated with themed platforms and landscaping. Also lots of fountains. Since the namesake, Luna Park was a showcase for Edison's new electric lights, popcorn lights out the wazoo. The place should be stunning at night.

2. B&M Flyer near/around Clyde and Seamore.

3. Jet ski coaster near Manatee Rescue.

4. Add a Mack Mad Mouse to Sesame Street land.

6. Turn the whole place into a botanical garden. I mean, just go nuts. Make it look like the Flower & Garden Festival and Cypress Gardens had a love child.

5. 500 room "value" resort with lounge, lazy river, and exclusive park entrance.

I like the ideas here, especially the Luna Lagoon one, but two flying coasters in the same park seems odd...

Its definitely coming guys. Just give them a chance to get it going. SeaWorld is going to be the roller coaster/high thrill park you all want. They will be known more for rides in the coming years then they will be animals I am pretty sure. I still feel 10 years down the road its going to be entirely different then it is now just got to have the time to build it all

And continuing to ignore the lesson of the 1970's that penguins are smelly and best observed behind several inches of glass where they can't projectile poop on guests...?

Whether they are behind glass or not wasn't clearly visible but the habitat will be 3× larger than Antarctica's habitat and will be able to house over 400 Penguins.

It's hard to overcome stupid too. After hearing that the orca died in San Antonio - I said "that sucks- we were headed there in a couple weeks to see it". To which the 18 year old girl in the office replied "I would never go to Seaworld- they're so cruel" I'd love to argue with her and point out the AZA accreditation, amongst their other accolades- but considering she just came back from Cancun and swam with all captive-bred dolphins there who pushed her feet with their noses so she could swim out of the water- vs the dolphins in San Antonio that are all wild rescues - what's the point of arguing?
You can't argue with dumb- and the perception/stigma SeaWorld has with the youth is only going to get worse. When the youth's main news source are Memes- how can you combat it? Sinking ship...

It's hard to overcome stupid too. After hearing that the orca died in San Antonio - I said "that sucks- we were headed there in a couple weeks to see it". To which the 18 year old girl in the office replied "I would never go to Seaworld- they're so cruel" I'd love to argue with her and point out the AZA accreditation, amongst their other accolades- but considering she just came back from Cancun and swam with all captive-bred dolphins there who pushed her feet with their noses so she could swim out of the water- vs the dolphins in San Antonio that are all wild rescues - what's the point of arguing?
You can't argue with dumb- and the perception/stigma SeaWorld has with the youth is only going to get worse. When the youth's main news source are Memes- how can you combat it? Sinking ship...
as someone in that "youth", I hate it very much.

It's going to get worse, and that I rather love Seaworld.

Was she on your lawn too? Was she snapchatting?

I wouldn't want them to go exactly like Six Flags, but I think they should definitely adopt a more ride focused approach to attract reigonal visitors without getting rid of the animals which will always be important to SeaWorld.

There are so many smaller european parks that are really taking things seriously in the theming dept. SeaWorld needs to study Phantasialand with it's hotels integrated into the park and replicate that all their parks especially Busch Gardens. They need to build more Busch Gardens(at least one in Texas and somewhere out west) They need to get the Chinese investors to pony up a buyout of Hershend.)

I have said all along they need to replicate the Merlin model of Sealife and Legoland combo models with an aquarium and Sesame Place combo along with a hotel with indoor waterpark in major markets and strategic crossroads across America.

I am excited to see where this might lead. Wonder how long its going to take to see whats up. Maybe we will know more when earnings are released next Tuesday. The stock sure loved this news yesterday. It flew up

as someone in that "youth", I hate it very much.
Unfortunately in a time when much of the youth believe everything they read on social media it's easy to take down a company by false word of mouth