Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion | Page 119 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Universal never said they were doing a full reveal. There was a countdown and people made assumptions.
Countdowns usually count down to something. Thats a fair assumption. Not necessarily anything specific but you would expect something to happen.

Reactions: snayberry
Well, the implication of a countdown is that *something* happens when it ends, and nothing happened.

Yes, come on it isn't unreasonable to expect some sort of reveal when you have a clock on your website counting down for over a months... It's implied!

Which is a sweepstakes and website update. Am I disappointed? Yes. But I won't pretend that wasn't brought on by ourselves.
Yeah, now with the sweepstakes there it at least has some meaning. I'm not really disappointed. We have 6 weeks, the announcements are coming one way or another.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
Yeah, now with the sweepstakes there it at least has some meaning. I'm not really disappointed. We have 6 weeks, the announcements are coming one way or another.

Ok to bring this back round, now we know the boxes aren't going to be one box = one new house so what do we think the other 5 will be as they gradually get unlocked? If the first one is more wallpapers I'm not getting my hopes up for anything too snazzy...

Ok to bring this back round, now we know the boxes aren't going to be one box = one new house so what do we think the other 5 will be as they gradually get unlocked? If the first one is more wallpapers I'm not getting my hopes up for anything too snazzy...
Well the wallpaper was up above the boxes where the sweepstakes is now, so it could potentially move down to a box when the next new thing is revealed leaving only 4. When you sign up they ask for an address so they can send you something identifying you as a soul collector or something. I think at least one of them could be a lanyard with card or something.

Reactions: Joel
Wait a minute, the website says "As our party draws near" now just above the wallpapers. Taking into what Ifrit said about a Soul Collectors scarezone then could the Festival scarezone really be a Soul Collectors party? Just a thought for this slow day...

well the link to the sweepstakes is broken for me... it won't load.

I have a long-term settlement but I NEED ANNOUNCEMENTS NOW!

Wait a minute, the website says "As our party draws near" now just above the wallpapers. Taking into what Ifrit said about a Soul Collectors scarezone then could the Festival scarezone really be a Soul Collectors party? Just a thought for this slow day...
Not a bad thought... the color scheme would work well too.

So, here's the thing. I've said (for years) marketing isn't for the hardcore fans. They have your money. They throw you a bone now and then to engage you but their goal is increase the amount of people that don't go.

Now, the countdown was a ridiculously bad move that will garner negative feelings from a lot of fans. It's a failure that may be greater than the Evil Takes Root blog. But a countdown to a sweepstakes actually proves my point that marketing is for casuals. It proves Marketing (with Management's approval) thinks increasing market share is more valuable than just having the event occur.

I hadn't been to the site since its initial unveiling. Now, I'll be there everyday. For this stupid sweepstakes. And a thousand others that may not be able to go so they dismissed the site (or the event itself), will now add to the marketing metrics.

Our gravest mistake was failure of imagination.

Not a bad thought... the color scheme would work well too.

So, here's the thing. I've said (for years) marketing isn't for the hardcore fans. They have your money. They throw you a bone now and then to engage you but their goal is increase the amount of people that don't go.

Now, the countdown was a ridiculously bad move that will garner negative feelings from a lot of fans. It's a failure that may be greater than the Evil Takes Root blog. But a countdown to a sweepstakes actually proves my point that marketing is for casuals. It proves Marketing (with Management's approval) thinks increasing market share is more valuable than just having the event occur.

I hadn't been to the site since its initial unveiling. Now, I'll be there everyday. For this stupid sweepstakes. And a thousand others that may not be able to go so they dismissed the site (or the event itself), will now add to the marketing metrics.

Our gravest mistake was failure of imagination.

Well said, better than I could.

ow, the countdown was a ridiculously bad move that will garner negative feelings from a lot of fans

This is my biggest issue, why show the countdown in the first place? Us hardcore fans expect something of note at the end of a timer and you are setting yourself up for a loss as the casual fans who this sweepstake is likely aimed at (as most of us will be giving them our money regardless) wouldn't have even noticed there was a countdown to begin with.

Reactions: Darksider and jrn14