Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion

The way some of you guys defend Universal, I would hope they cut you guys a check.

uUu9hwp.png

The way some people react to a friggin website, you'd think Universal punted their dog off a bridge.

I just want announcements and/or hints is that too much to ask for?!?
Yes that is actually too much to ask for.

Sir instead we are gonna give you a Sweepstakes that you have 2% chance of winning and have to come back everyday to try and win (Even though you will probably lose to some guy named "Bruce"). And a Sweet New Wallpaper!

There will tons of frights at this year's event that we decided not to announce for the purpose of.... for the purpose of... Just go to our event.

Where is the amazing creativity from recent years past? I was really hoping to be invited to play games at a Compound, and possibly maybe even to join an army of maniacs!

"ENteR oNcE DAily FoR thE chANCe To WIn ThE HalLOWeEn horROR nIGhts™ 2017 SwEEpSTaKES. PLuS, aCcESs NeW COntENt, sPeCIaL OPpoRTUNiTIeS aNd REwaRDS meRe MOrtaLs wIlL nevER kNOw." --- Plz like, share and subscribe! Plz!?

The HHN hype is real(ly awful.)

Yes that is actually too much to ask for.

Sir instead we are gonna give you a Sweepstakes that you have 2% chance of winning and have to come back everyday to try and win (Even though you will probably lose to some guy named "Bruce"). And a Sweet New Wallpaper!

There will tons of frights at this year's event that we decided not to announce for the purpose of.... for the purpose of... Just go to our event.
:lmao:

Where is the amazing creativity from recent years past? I was really hoping to be invited to play games at a Compound, and possibly maybe even to join an army of maniacs!

"ENteR oNcE DAily FoR thE chANCe To WIn ThE HalLOWeEn horROR nIGhts™ 2017 SwEEpSTaKES. PLuS, aCcESs NeW COntENt, sPeCIaL OPpoRTUNiTIeS aNd REwaRDS meRe MOrtaLs wIlL nevER kNOw." --- Plz like, share and subscribe! Plz!?

The HHN hype is real(ly awful.)

Wait...let me get this straight, you're pining for Jack's Maniacs? Something just as worthless and inconsequential as this countdown? Or the compound games that led up to by far the worst event HHN has seen in the last 6 years?

Oh. Okay.

I posted this on Reddit, but I wanted to put it a few other places as well.

Here's my mostly calm view on the situation, and why it was handled terribly.

Take personal feelings and disappointment out of this.

The "soul counter" ended today, and many of us expected something pretty good. Maybe not a full reveal, but something big since it's been going on for a month.

What we actually received was a social media picture frame and a link to a sweepstakes we can enter daily (until September 1st). We'll focus on the sweepstakes, wherein you can win a trip for two to Horror Nights this year. Fun, right?

Here's why it's an absolute garbage fire of an idea:

The overall point of advertising and marketing is to create excitement and demand with the end point being a purchase.

So, what does a sweepstakes do to promote sales? Absolutely. Nothing.

It actually discourages people from purchasing tickets and/or booking a trip.

They drive you to the site (potentially daily). You give them your information (which they probably already have from the Soul Collectors)....and then you wait and hope to win a trip.

Not purchase tickets, add-ons, book a flight, hotel, etc. Because that will all be provided if you win.

So what happens? Remember, we're talking about the general public here. Not the HHN faithful that have had their trip planned for months. Because that's who we can really influence with ads.

Well...they wait until September 1st. Possibly forget completely about entering to win. Then they don't go on the trip they never planned.

Now. Let's assume that maybe someone is still interested in going after almost a month (and then not winning).

They assume since they didn't hear anything, they didn't win. But, that event sounded pretty cool. Let's price out a quick trip...

Tickets are decently priced. Ok. How much for a room?

Oh. Most of Universals on-site hotels are already booked up. Hmmm...guess I'll stay off-site.

That's OK though. How much is a flight? Oh snap! those are some expensive tickets (because it's only two weeks from the start of the event at this point).

Hmmm...maybe we won't go this year, but we'll remember to plan something for next year.

Next year comes...maybe they forget, maybe they don't. But, the end result is no sales for HHN27.

Sorry for the long example, but I wanted to submit an objective review rather than just saying they did a crap job this year.

At least when we had flash websites it gave us something to do while we waited....
I agree with you 100%. What marketing obviously doesn't realize is that many of us have been ready for this event to start practically right after the last event ended. They need to go back to the way they used to have a fun and interactive website for us fans.

I agree with you 100%. What marketing obviously doesn't realize is that many of us have been ready for this event to start practically right after the last event ended. They need to go back to the way they used to have a fun and interactive website for us fans.

Go outside. Read a book. Play some video games.

There's plenty of things to do to wait for your next visit to Halloween Horror Nights.

Go outside. Read a book. Play some video games.

There's plenty of things to do to wait for your next visit to Halloween Horror Nights.
Wow you're a funny one. There is nothing wrong with wanting a little more from them to build up the excitement for the many repeat fans. But you are entitled to your opinion.