Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

Here ya go- I havent watched any of these- so not actually sure if they clap or cheer or say "thats it?". It was tough to find them though- I had to use this new invention called "google"- and typed "Reign of Kong POV 2017" into the field. Sure enough, stuff came up.

[4K] Skull Island: Reign of Kong POV Low Light Enhanced Version 3D ...
Skull Island Reign of Kong On Ride Low Light POV Universal Orlando ...
(4K) Skull Island: Reign of Kong 3D Filter No Ghosting Low Light ...
SKULL ISLAND REIGN OF KONG full on ride pov universals islands of ...
FULL RIDE POV Skull Island: Reign of Kong ride at Universal Studios ...

So we're up to 3 negative anecdotal comments that speak for everyone who has ridden it. Shall we make it 4?
Or, shall we look at it being the longest wait in either park- even though it has a ridiculously high capacity. Or... you know, the member surveys.
Yes. And the vast majority of the reviews on the IU Kong Review thread are pretty strong. ....I never pay attention to general Internet reviews of Universal attractions. They almost always get poor reviews from an internet dominated by pro Disney/anti Universal posters. Even FJ and Gringotts, two of the best attractions anywhere, received tons of poor reviews, most of them from people who never rode the attraction, and only watch videos on the internet. :)

Here ya go- I havent watched any of these- so not actually sure if they clap or cheer or say "thats it?". It was tough to find them though- I had to use this new invention called "google"- and typed "Reign of Kong POV 2017" into the field. Sure enough, stuff came up.

[4K] Skull Island: Reign of Kong POV Low Light Enhanced Version 3D ...
Skull Island Reign of Kong On Ride Low Light POV Universal Orlando ...
(4K) Skull Island: Reign of Kong 3D Filter No Ghosting Low Light ...
SKULL ISLAND REIGN OF KONG full on ride pov universals islands of ...
FULL RIDE POV Skull Island: Reign of Kong ride at Universal Studios ...

So we're up to 3 negative anecdotal comments that speak for everyone who has ridden it. Shall we make it 4?
Or, shall we look at it being the longest wait in either park- even though it has a ridiculously high capacity. Or... you know, the member surveys.

kong queue.jpg

It's one of the newest rides. I would imagine that Fallon would have an equally long wait time if it wasn't for virtual queue.

View attachment 5046

It's one of the newest lines. I imagine Fallon would have an equally long wait time if it wasn't for virtual queue.
On a daily basis Kong almost always has the longest line at the two Universal parks. I check Touring Plans app just about every day. The closest to Kong on a daily basis is Despicable Me, but DM has really low capacity, only around 50 to 60% of Kongs'.

I only got to ride Kong once and I personally really enjoyed it. I asked to be seated, where I could have a good view of him. I have seen a lot of negative reviews in the theme park FB groups I'm in. So it makes me wonder if those same people will feel the same way about F&F.

It indicates demand sure but this discussion came from if it was a good ride.

The same issues I have with Kong will no doubt be present when F&F opens.
Actually, most of the discussion started when someone said it wasn't even an E ticket attraction. :saywhat:....We've really had this discussion before. Kong, like Gringotts, gets better the more you ride it. It's the nature of the attraction. Bet you a few Duffs that you will change your mind on Kong if you ride it two or three times next trip. One ride on a new attraction is often colored by expectations, wait time in line, not everything working to it's max, etc....I remember my first rides on Mummy and Jurassic Park. I was not impressed. But that was because I had unreal expectations. After two or three more rides I loved both attractions. Now they're two of my favorite attractions. ....Give Kong a second chance. The big guy deserves it. :):cheers:

Actually, most of the discussion started when someone said it wasn't even an E ticket attraction. :saywhat:....We've really had this discussion before. Kong, like Gringotts, gets better the more you ride it. It's the nature of the attraction. Bet you a few Duffs that you will change your mind on Kong if you ride it two or three times next trip. One ride on a new attraction is often colored by expectations, wait time in line, not everything working to it's max, etc....I remember my first rides on Mummy and Jurassic Park. I was not impressed. But that was because I had unreal expectations. After two or three more rides I loved both attractions. Now they're two of my favorite attractions. ....Give Kong a second chance. The big guy deserves it. :):cheers:

I'm not flat out saying it's bad but the story is severely lacking, the seating is hit or miss, the screen blacks out before leaving the tunnel, the AA drivers are laughable and for the longest ride in the resort, half the time, nothing is really happening.

Some of these issues can be fixed but what I really think hurts it the most, is that 25 years after Kongfrontation opened, it's like they've taken a huge step back.

Will I like it more next time I ride? Probably but I can't get but thinking that this is just filler between Potter receiving Universal's A game.

Anyway. :topic:

The poorly written and executed storyline of Kong makes guests exit the ride thinking "that's it?". Hear it all the time. They say the ride was short. Why did it feel short? Because the incomplete storyline. You're immersed into a storyline with Kate, then go to 360 room that has NOTHING to do with the storyline, then see Kong. Most people are expecting to go into another scene to see what happens to Kate... but instead we pull into unload and hear a recording.

Guests say the ride feels short All. The. Time. Ride system and tech are both amazing but the story kills it.

Then if we go and look at public reviews of Kong it has 2.5 stars on Yelp, 3.5 on Google, and 2.5 on Orlando Informer.

Actually, most of the discussion started when someone said it wasn't even an E ticket attraction. :saywhat:....
Of which the whole C, D, and E ticket deal is basically an arbitrary rating now a days any ways. Only people on forums like this actually care or even think to give a ride a letter grade anymore. The vast majority of the general public waiting in line could careless about a letter rating. They rate based on their experience, not what a forum says, or what they see in a youtube video. They wait in line, ride, and decide two things, did they like it, or not. All the banter here is simply to appease ourselves and what we fell justifies our position on a rides qualities.

Side note: not directly aiming this at you, but more so the whole "ticket" rating back and forth in general. But I am lazy, and you had the last message in this thread at the time referencing it.

Of which the whole C, D, and E ticket deal is basically an arbitrary rating now a days any ways. Only people on forums like this actually care or even think to give a ride a letter grade anymore. The vast majority of the general public waiting in line could careless about a letter rating. They rate based on their experience, not what a forum says, or what they see in a youtube video. They wait in line, ride, and decide two things, did they like it, or not. All the banter here is simply to appease ourselves and what we fell justifies our position on a rides qualities.

Side note: not directly aiming this at you, but more so the whole "ticket" rating back and forth in general. But I am lazy, and you had the last message in this thread at the time referencing it.
Actually, WDI and Universal Creative both internally use the ticket system terminology. Hell, WDI uses it when speaking to the public who may have no idea what an "E-ticket" is and I know i've seen UC do the same in public interviews.

Could be/most likely just testing the projections.

If the 360 portion is the same of tech, wouldn't it make sense to test it more at Skull island after hours, as F&F in Hollywood was in a way, a prototype for the type of screen used for Skull Island and presumably the Orlando version of Supercharged?

I only got to ride Kong once and I personally really enjoyed it. I asked to be seated, where I could have a good view of him. I have seen a lot of negative reviews in the theme park FB groups I'm in. So it makes me wonder if those same people will feel the same way about F&F.

Pretty much the same thing, F&F Supercharged at Studio Tour got a lot of people disappointed due to the use of the 3D screens and it's now getting ported to Universal Studios Florida as an extended stand-alone ride that took place at the former Disaster ride and Beetlejuice show. I suppose if people know this by now, they can't complain I guess, but would leave a bunch of negative comments.

Pretty much the same thing, F&F Supercharged at Studio Tour got a lot of people disappointed due to the use of the 3D screens and it's now getting ported to Universal Studios Florida as an extended stand-alone ride that took place at the former Disaster ride and Beetlejuice show. I suppose if people know this by now, they can't complain I guess, but would leave a bunch of negative comments.

Allow me to ask this, to you.

What would you of rather wanted to see replace Disaster.

The attraction was on multiple levels an attraction that was costing a LOT of money to operate, and that the ride system is ancient. Regardless if Fast and Furious came there, I would imagine it would've left for something else, regardless of nostalgic value, because it could be cheaper to operate.

Actually, WDI and Universal Creative both internally use the ticket system terminology. Hell, WDI uses it when speaking to the public who may have no idea what an "E-ticket" is and I know i've seen UC do the same in public interviews.

It doesn't surprise me, as the terminology can help if people have an idea of what it is.