Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 19 - Ripped from the Silver Screen

I posted this on another website on Thursday. Sorry I didn't post it over here ASAP also. Here is a carbon copy.

Hold the phones I actually have news.

Background: My best friend works at Hot Topic. As you guys know Hot Topic sells HHN tickets. He has been an employee for over a year now and I would trust him with many other things and believed him when he called me.

About 5 minutes ago he called me and I said "The Universal ticket sells rep lady blah blah came in. She and my manager were re-newing the contract to sell tickets at our location in 2009. On the way out I asked her if she could tell me anything about HHN this year. She told me Saw, Wolfman and Chucky."

I normally would dismiss something like this. But this was A. My Best friend. B. The lady got 2 out of 3 all but confirmed things dead on. C. Chucky is a Universal property and has been used as recently as 2007 at the Hollywood Horror Nights.

I know this isn't fact but this just seems plausible. I'm not taking this with a grain of salt but it's not confirmed in my eyes either. At this moment to me it seems like Chucky could be back at Horror Nights and if that is true the Movie Theme is confirmed.

I posted this on another website on Thursday. Sorry I didn't post it over here ASAP also. Here is a carbon copy.

Hold the phones I actually have news.

Background: My best friend works at Hot Topic. As you guys know Hot Topic sells HHN tickets. He has been an employee for over a year now and I would trust him with many other things and believed him when he called me.

About 5 minutes ago he called me and I said "The Universal ticket sells rep lady blah blah came in. She and my manager were re-newing the contract to sell tickets at our location in 2009. On the way out I asked her if she could tell me anything about HHN this year. She told me Saw, Wolfman and Chucky."

I normally would dismiss something like this. But this was A. My Best friend. B. The lady got 2 out of 3 all but confirmed things dead on. C. Chucky is a Universal property and has been used as recently as 2007 at the Hollywood Horror Nights.

I know this isn't fact but this just seems plausible. I'm not taking this with a grain of salt but it's not confirmed in my eyes either. At this moment to me it seems like Chucky could be back at Horror Nights and if that is true the Movie Theme is confirmed.

I hope Chucky will be there - Guess time will tell.

The are really into the movies now. They gave it one years rest and are now bringing them out again. I am really curious as to what the other characters will be and what the icon/name of the event be. Could we be seeing Carnival of Carnage 2?

The are really into the movies now. They gave it one years rest and are now bringing them out again. I am really curious as to what the other characters will be and what the icon/name of the event be. Could we be seeing Carnival of Carnage 2?

I'm pretty sure that Jack won't be back as the icon, same for the Carnival theme. I'm pretty sure it will be movie themed.

Last edited:
I think its pretty obvious Chucky, Saw, and Wolfman will be involved in HHN this year. I'm sure the HHN rep that spoke with your friend was legit. I believe it.

do not and will not believe any of this information until it is OFFICIALLY confirmed by Universal. I wouldn't trust Hot Topic with this information at all.

It wasn't Hot Topic Kevin. It was an employee of Universal. If you don't want to believe it than don't. I'm not trying to make anyone believe it but this is what I heard from my best friend who I TRUST and he heard it from a Universal Ticket Rep Sales Lady.

At that I would have dismissed this completely if it wasn't for the fact that she nailed 2/3. But she did and that is what it is. As I said believe what you want but I'm putting a decent amount of stock in that being true.

I hope that they do Wolfman in the same setting that The Hollow was in. The dark forest setting would really work with it. I really am curious to see what the scarezones will be this year.

I think a Gremlins house would be pretty awesome. It'd probably be mild on scares, but complimented by humor. Like Pychoscearopy or Creatures. Then again... isn't Gremlins WB?

I hope that they do Wolfman in the same setting that The Hollow was in. The dark forest setting would really work with it. I really am curious to see what the scarezones will be this year.

We have a winner.

If Wolfman is in the same type of setting as the Hallow it's going to be bad ass. Only question I have is... would it be better suited in a soundstage or keep it in the tent? I think in a soundstage it could be outrageous. I look forward to the Wolfman bigggg time.

Gremlins would be amazing. I've had this conversation with someone before about it. Might of been you actually. :lol: If they could pull off Chucky then Gremlins could be done the same way (assuming they are doing puppets and marionettes). WB wouldn't effect it things too much if they did a NLC type deal. Gremlins would be amazing. :clap:

Gremlins would be amazing. I've had this conversation with someone before about it. Might of been you actually. :lol: If they could pull off Chucky then Gremlins could be done the same way (assuming they are doing puppets and marionettes). WB wouldn't effect it things too much if they did a NLC type deal. Gremlins would be amazing. :clap:

It would have to be all puppetry, like you said, which could be cool if done right... I see Stripe jumping out, all their creepy little laughs everywhere. :lol:

Considering half of The Thing House from HHN 17 was puppets, I think they could pull it off. Half microwaves that fling open and spew out water simulating combusting gremlins and stuff like that. I think it's be fun. And Jason, that was me you had the conversation with, haha.