Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

USF Project?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now the big question... if MoM got an attraction, would it be accessed through Diagon or London?
Since this would be Great Britain's Ministry of Magic (there are others around the world), London seems to be obvious for an entrance.

EDIT: I may be wrong... it's been awhile since i've brushed up on my Potter :lol:

Now the big question... if MoM got an attraction, would it be accessed through Diagon or London?

It would be smart to have two entrances. One from London and one from Diagon. I mean, why not?

If FFL is 2 acres- how much could they conceivably get if they used MiB extended queue and any expansion area?

Maybe both. I think the Team Member gate to the right of the Carkitt Market outdoor stage is the expansion pathway to a new area... Under the fake train tracks, between outside stage and Hopping Pot.
6mb3Ecn.jpg

Honestly, if they are really gun ho on MIB and FFL glowing away; it wouldn't shock me to include Amity Restrooms and maybe that portion of the lake.

That would give you a good chunk of land to do a lot with London, to expand it and make it more massive than it could be. Hell, you could look at it about 7.3 acres.

For example.

mNjvFt1.jpg

Honestly, if they are really gun ho on MIB and FFL glowing away; it wouldn't shock me to include Amity Restrooms and maybe that portion of the lake.

That would give you a good chunk of land to do a lot with London, to expand it and make it more massive than it could be. Hell, you could look at it about 7.3 acres.

For example.

mNjvFt1.jpg
I'd hate it. 7 acres is way too big to add onto Diagon. Really, it's beyond dumb to remove MiB even. It looks like they have an easy 2.5 acres- which is more than enough room for an expansion. Considering it wouldn't need shops or a restaurant- Diagon has them all already- it could literally just be a ride/expansive Queue and maybe a snack shop and single store.

Additionally, this thing being added by 2019- if it only takes over FFL- that's a huge capacity boost while Kidzone is down. Otherwise, losing FFL AND MiB and only getting a single attraction back will likely be a loss of capacity. F&F will be open, but I don't really count that as much capacity boost at all considering it's all virtual queue. :rolleyes:

I'd hate it. 7 acres is way too big to add onto Diagon. Really, it's beyond dumb to remove MiB even. It looks like they have an easy 2.5 acres- which is more than enough room for an expansion. Considering it wouldn't need shops or a restaurant- Diagon has them all already- it could literally just be a ride/expansive Queue and maybe a snack shop and single store.

Let me ask a question. What if they add things that are not mutually potter? If they do a massive extension of London with MoM, they may have the option to do british fare on a bit of a larger sit-down place that people can eat and look outward to the lagoon. And that MoM could be a large indoor complex with multiple intricate and complex details not fully seen. They could expand upon the MoM from the books and films, similar to what was done for the Carkitt Market; and that it would add potentially more lore to the Potterverse.

Just my take, but it's something to think of.

Let me ask a question. What if they add things that are not mutually potter? If they do a massive extension of London with MoM, they may have the option to do british fare on a bit of a larger sit-down place that people can eat and look outward to the lagoon. And that MoM could be a large indoor complex with multiple intricate and complex details not fully seen. They could expand upon the MoM from the books and films, similar to what was done for the Carkitt Market; and that it would add potentially more lore to the Potterverse.

Just my take, but it's something to think of.
That'd be fine- but theyd need more than one attraction. Even an attraction and show would be fine- but 7 acres more of potter (less one Restaurant) is just too much. MoM, British Restaurant, theater or attraction (with something non potter) I could get behind.

Still though- losing MiB+FFL+KidZone would be brutal. Not as brutal if Universal would be smart and not do a stupid virtual F&F queue that will do nothing for capacity. But I digress...

As it stands I don't see any way they remove both and do a 7 acre expansion simultaneously with kidzones, what, 12 acres? They'd effectively be cutting the size of their park by 20% or so. Universal can't afford a DHS with only IoA and VB (seasonally) soaking up crowds.

Maybe both. I think the Team Member gate to the right of the Carkitt Market outdoor stage is the expansion pathway to a new area... Under the fake train tracks, between outside stage and Hopping Pot.

That is access for backstage vehicles, if that opens up for guest it then cuts the backstage areas in half. More likely this is a whole other area.

MoM taking up anything more than FFL would be completely pointless. Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley are iconic, friendly locations that anyone would love to visit; the Ministry of Magic is mostly home to some of the biggest downer scenes in the series. Not that it wouldn't be good for one standalone attraction, but anything more would be pushing it and would not be near as big of a draw. Not to mention, having the preexisting London and Diagon areas, with even MORE London and the Ministry, on top of Hogsmeade and the new Forbidden Forest expansion, and likely Fantastic Beasts in Park 3... that's just way too much Wizarding World. I want Universal to go outside of their comfort zone instead of clinging onto Potter even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.