Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

New Project for Dinoland?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm gonna be a cynic for a second.

If IJA does come to AK, why do we believe that we would get the awesome queue as well? If anything, I would imagine a watered-down version of the queue.

He absolutely could, but I don't think bringing a 20+ year old ride as an overlay qualifies as "great things."
I more meant with the queue and the surrounding area (South America?). But who knows, maybe they will take the opportunity to plus IJA and make a great ride even better and more modern (I say that with hesitance, as "modern theme park" tends to mostly be screens).

I really like the Indiana Jones ride at Disneyland. However I really like Dinosaur and I hope that they do not replace Dinosaur for Indy. We have a really unique ride at AK that the other parks don't have. With that said Disney almost always does a great job when replacing an attraction and if they do in fact decide to replace Dinosaur I'm sure it will be well done.

I'm gonna be a cynic for a second.

If IJA does come to AK, why do we believe that we would get the awesome queue as well? If anything, I would imagine a watered-down version of the queue.
There's a huge courtyard in front of the Dinosaur building... they could easily add on and give us the good stuff bring the entrance all the way out to the midway.

Of course that's probably a pipe-dream, but it's a possibility.

The IJA queue is the best part, as for the ride itself Dinosaur is better.
I actually agree you as of this post. I say that for a reason.

I've been on both Dinosaur and IJA within the past month and Dinosaur hasn't looked this good in many, many years. Almost all effects are working and the two projected sequences they added are great. IJA is in bad shape maintenance wise right now. The fire wasn't working on the bridges last month and many other effects weren't working, either.

IJA is the better attraction when it's well maintained, however. I also like that even though it's the same RV and same basic layout, it's a different experience at DL v. DAK... I weirdly like that I have to fly across the country to experience IJA, it's a unique E-Ticket to look forward to.

If they replaced Dinosaur with an Indiana Jones ride then they would almost certainly have to replace/re-theme all of Dinoland. After spending $1 billion on Pandora I don't see them gutting another land at Animal Kingdom anytime soon. Especially after all they have planned for the rest of the parks/resorts.

If they replaced Dinosaur with an Indiana Jones ride then they would almost certainly have to replace/re-theme all of Dinoland. After spending $1 billion on Pandora I don't see them gutting another land at Animal Kingdom anytime soon. Especially after all they have planned for the rest of the parks/resorts.
I don't know, I would be okay with Chester & Hester's Expedition of Fun.

Chester & Hester's has been rumored to be on the chopping block and if Indy takes over Dino, why not just do a complete retheme? Maybe we could actually get a good ride where that damn carnival is.

I still can't believe this could maybe be happening, I honestly hate this. Probably even more than the idea of MIB being replaced by Potter and I'm not a big Potter fan and I love MIB.

Indiana Jones just doesn't belong in Animal Kingdom. (It belongs in a museum! I couldn't resist) I'm also struggling to get my head around the idea that Dinosaur is a rethemed Indiana Jones, even the layout is virtually identical and they now want to switch it back.

I'd prefer they saved their money for the conversion and spent it upgrading the rest of the land as it has so much more potential than the crap currently on offer. If they want to use the IP, DHS surely makes more sense.

I'm not even going to try to be objective here. I understand the concerns about the theme and all that but I really don't care. As a die hard Indy fan, I will be there opening day.

And actually, there is an Indy novel where he goes to Mongolia in search of live dinosaur eggs. Disney probably doesn't know or care, just saying lol.

The only reason I even believe this a little is because it doesn't seem like a good fit for DAK. Disney has destroyed their theme for Epcot and DHS, so DAK seems overdue.

After experiencing both attractions (Dinosaur and Indy) multiple times I say break out the permits and sledgehammers. It's a home run idea. Dinosaur was okay as CTX until the Eisner decision to tie it to a mediocre movie at best just for 'synergy' sake.

I actually agree you as of this post. I say that for a reason.

I've been on both Dinosaur and IJA within the past month and Dinosaur hasn't looked this good in many, many years. Almost all effects are working and the two projected sequences they added are great. IJA is in bad shape maintenance wise right now. The fire wasn't working on the bridges last month and many other effects weren't working, either.

Weird...I have ridden both in the past month as well as yes Dinosaur is the best it's been in ages, but on both my rides of Indy the ONLY thing not working was the first door choice scene...Indy is better even with everything not working.

That being said, I'd love to see Indy added to WDW, but NOT to Animal Kingdom. He belongs and FITS in Adventureland at MK or DHS.

That being said, I'd love to see Indy added to WDW, but NOT to Animal Kingdom. He belongs and FITS in Adventureland at MK or DHS.

Yep. I'd also argue he deserves a lot more than an overlay to turn Dinosaur into a clone of a ride from the mid-1990s. I'd much prefer a totally new ride concept, but I could (if forced) accept a straight clone of IJA coming as a new build in either of those two parks, but I will not accept it coming as another replacement. And certainly not in Animal Kingdom.

If Disney wants more Indy in Orlando, wonderful. They should think big and go all-in. In the appropriate location.

I'm only for Indy taking over Dinoland with a South American retheme, with a temple etc, if Dinosaur isn't an overlay. Personally, Dinosaur is a ride I love. It's fun! It might not be the greatest, most thrilling ride, but I do think it gets a lot of flack for a ride I have always enjoyed. I always liked the Dinosaur film, as a child/teenager. I was always keen on anything dinosaurs, so that could pay a part in my enjoyment of this ride. I just don't see the point to keep the same ride and overlay it with a clone of a Disneyland ride. Either keep Dinosaur and try and develop C&H to something else, or bulldoze Dinoland and make a new, thrilling Indy ride and a new land. I think before DinoLand goes down though, Planet Watch gets something new.

I got to ride this last week, and I agree that its the best I've ever seen it. Unfortunately what I witnessed at DAK was that other than Pandora and to a lesser extent Kali and Everest, everything was an almost walk-on when we went there in the afternoon/evening. I think they are trying to add/redevelop another area to keep people there longer. Honestly, we arrived there at 3PM and did almost all the attractions before the second ROL show..... and that is another mess I'll talk about in the appropriate threat. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.