Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion

So, maybe I was a bit off the mark with the gifs I posted. From what I've seen, the Saw house announcement has been much more well-received than I had anticipated. And, much of the response to today's Bill & Ted announcement has been far more mellow than I predicted.

Maybe it's because I've been attending HHN for so long and was able to experience some truly great shows that had me expecting a larger negative response among the community. Maybe much of today's fans never got to experience the older shows and don't see losing the show as such a big deal. Also, maybe many veteran HHN guests have somewhat subconsciously gone through the anger/bargaining/depression phases while witnessing the gradual decline of the show over the last decade or so and B&T just doesn't mean that much to them anymore. In any event, I place myself in that final grouping.

Yeah I was pretty shocked to see Saw so well received. Looks like it being outdated and dead may be a little off the mark.

I am admittedly in that group of people who didn't get to see the older B&T's. Though honestly, I'm just never interested in shows at my horror event. :lol:

Maybe it's because I've been attending HHN for so long and was able to experience some truly great shows that had me expecting a larger negative response among the community. Maybe much of today's fans never got to experience the older shows and don't see losing the show as such a big deal. Also, maybe many veteran HHN guests have somewhat subconsciously gone through the anger/bargaining/depression phases while witnessing the gradual decline of the show over the last decade or so and B&T just doesn't mean that much to them anymore. In any event, I place myself in that final grouping.

I'm in that latter camp as well. I didn't even bother seeing it last year. I know it'll tear my dad up, he loves that show. I'm definitely sad, but also happy I'll be able to see it one more time.

I wonder if theres a chance they'll release originals and scarezones before BlumHouse, like they did last year with AHS. I can definitely see Blum being a last minute draw in as I think Insidious and Sinister would be well received among the GP. On another note does anyone remember how they announced Purge as a scare zone in 24? I can't remember if it was a separate announcement or not. I'd think Purge and Trick R Treat will need separate announcements as well; meaning we have 4 more announcements (Originals, Blum, Purge, Trick) before everything is revealed.

Purge I think would be announced with Blum. Never thought about TrT being its own announcement. Guess it's possible.
True didn't think about this. I'd think the rights holders of Trick R Treat would want it to have its own. Then again they could announce it on the same day as the originals and it's technically still getting its "own day."

Anyone wondering that maybe Orlando is doing that Announcement Week thing? With announcements everyday. I know it was done in 2013 and people were trolling by retweeting it. But we have like two announcements the past two days being Saw yesterday and Bill and Ted today. So maybe they are doing but they didn't announce it publicly. I don't know just something I thought I would bring up.

Anyone wondering that maybe Orlando is doing that Announcement Week thing? With announcements everyday. I know it was done in 2013 and people were trolling by retweeting it. But we have like two announcements the past two days being Saw yesterday and Bill and Ted today. So maybe they are doing but they didn't announce it publicly. I don't know just something I thought I would bring up.
Friday had Aiello posting pictures too. Maybe more will be coming through the week.

Hello all! First time posting here (long time reader) but I needed to escape nightmares for a moment in all its chaos over B&T (roadkill013 over there). Question, if this year is successful and well received could we see more years to come with a higher original house to IP ratio than the past few years? also side note thank you to everyone on here for keeping the spec alive. I'm a huge HHN fan and its fun to see how rumors and speculation grow and change over the months.

Hello all! First time posting here (long time reader) but I needed to escape nightmares for a moment in all its chaos over B&T (roadkill013 over there). Question, if this year is successful and well received could we see more years to come with a higher original house to IP ratio than the past few years? also side note thank you to everyone on here for keeping the spec alive. I'm a huge HHN fan and its fun to see how rumors and speculation grow and change over the months.

Welcome! :wave:

Welcome! as @Mad Dog would say

Question, if this year is successful and well received could we see more years to come with a higher original house to IP ratio than the past few years?

I wish. As the new (old?) adage goes revolving house/mazes "IPs sell tickets". Here's hoping the IPs (which have been stellar since I've been going to the event since 2015 as well as from what I hear about past events) blow everyone out of the water and make guests want more non-IP houses/mazes in the park.

Also welcome! :wave: