Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a LOT of room for more Potter. Especially if they are building even more Potter at USF.

What in the Potter Universe could they possibly replace Mythos with? The Great Hall would make no sense in that location. And what about Poseidon's AND Sindbad's? In addition to the 8 acres where Dragons is.

What is the chance of one project number/set of permits covering 2 IPs if they were building things simultaneously? They could sneak something in under the radar that way. Just a thought.

That is a LOT of room for more Potter. Especially if they are building even more Potter at USF.

What in the Potter Universe could they possibly replace Mythos with? The Great Hall would make no sense in that location. And what about Poseidon's AND Sindbad's? In addition to the 8 acres where Dragons is.

What is the chance of one project number/set of permits covering 2 IPs if they were building things simultaneously? They could sneak something in under the radar that way. Just a thought.

How about some How To Train Your Dragon in lost continent?

Wait, why are we talking about Lost Continent?

Wait, why are we talking about Lost Continent?
The area inside the black outline is the permitted project 942 construction zone.
ioa-upgrade-jpg.5019

Thanks @Magistra for the image.

When it was posted people were talking about an out and back hyper running down Turkey Lake. I believe it is more likely a new sound barrier.

That's not the construction zone. That's the impermeable ground surface area in which the construction is happening. It's the area of land serviced by the Dragons retention pond
I thought that it was indicating the area of the barrier that construction would be impacting. Not simply a map of the entire basin emptying into the dragons pond.

Lots they could do. Just a quick thought- you're in a thestral carriage on a nice little tour of all physical sets. Get to a screen- Hagrid tells you xyz is coming and you need to get out immediately and the thestrals are spooked and won't go any further. All done on a screen scene- he takes them off the carriages, grawp comes and ties a long rope to it to drag you out of there and as he goes off screen pulling the rope he starts dragging your around super fast. All physical sets with some screens mixed in background so you can see the occasional grawp hand pulling or foot running, etc.

That's just an off the cuff idea from someone who doesn't create rides- I mean, it could literally be anything. . In JK/UC we trust.

Oh I agree that it could be anything, my point is that it's going to have to be something they make up, because there's nothing in the existing canon that really fits. I'm definitely excited about it though, and expect it to be great.

All done on a screen scene- he takes them off the carriages, grawp comes and ties a long rope to it to drag you out of there and as he goes off screen pulling the rope he starts dragging your around super fast. All physical sets with some screens mixed in background so you can see the occasional grawp hand pulling or foot running, etc.

Random, but Andysol I really like your idea for having Grawp/a giant creature AA during the "faster" portions of this ride. When going fast, the larger the AA the more it sticks out and the less UC would need to articulate it's movements. IDK, something about having a huge AA thrills and chills me.

Does anyone think that JK will create any new characters for this ride so UC can practice their AA game pre-Nintendo?

Status
Not open for further replies.