Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion

I just hope that the SF scare zone doesn't get completely gridlocked like last year.

Also, has anyone else been having trouble with the Soul Collector's page? It wants me to sign up again.

I just hope that the SF scare zone doesn't get completely gridlocked like last year.

Also, has anyone else been having trouble with the Soul Collector's page? It wants me to sign up again.

Yup SF was bad last year. The front of the park will be a log jam as well with AHS and Altars.

I've had to sign up again probably 4-5 times now re the Soul Collector page. Same issue you are reporting.

Now it is. It was Ouija.

At least that's the most recent update I've received.
Way to drop a bomb uni. That was my most anticipated house. Split and Get Out will see the light of day eventually. I'm honestly contemplating doing this house once, if the wait isn't over 20 minutes.

i actually like "invasion" as the 50's zone name.
that'd be really cool if they carried this zone over to Cabana Bay:pixie:

So I'm thinking Alters will be laid out similar to Chance last year with little stages for the stars. Which characters are we thinking will be there? Jack (Shining), Ash, Jigsaw, Sister Mary Eunice, Marie Laveau? I would think the Madame LaLaurie character would be a too controversial to be interacting with guests.

Way to drop a bomb uni. That was my most anticipated house. Split and Get Out will see the light of day eventually. I'm honestly contemplating doing this house once, if the wait isn't over 20 minutes.
Eh... if Get Out wasn't getting a scene in this house, it's unlikely to get a house in the future. Sure, it could work as a house, but I don't think Orlando wants to attempt it. Split won't be relevant again until Glass, and that's a superhero movie... so... yeah.

Initially, I was told this house was Insidious. Half the rooms in the house are Insidious. Sinister is another ghost/spirit story and Ouija would have been too (it got Purged). The code name is Numb. My hunch is A&D planned for Insidious and Blumhouse got pushed on them by Marketing. So they went with a more paranormal bent instead of making wholesale shifts.

Eh... if Get Out wasn't getting a scene in this house, it's unlikely to get a house in the future. Sure, it could work as a house, but I don't think Orlando wants to attempt it. Split won't be relevant again until Glass, and that's a superhero movie... so... yeah.

Initially, I was told this house was Insidious. Half the rooms in the house are Insidious. Sinister is another ghost/spirit story and Ouija would have been too (it got Purged). The code name is Numb. My hunch is A&D planned for Insidious and Blumhouse got pushed on them by Marketing. So they went with a more paranormal bent instead of making wholesale shifts.
What a shame. Such is life...

I think I'm cool with mostly insidious.. I mean I'm disappointed that the Blumhouse house is not going to have a very diverse offering but at least I know what to expect going in. I enjoyed the house at 25, hopefully they can pull of the atmosphere in that tent. Chance last year didn't really show what that space was capable of.

So guys, anyone care to weigh in on the final thoughts on an Icon for this year? It sure seems unlikely, based on the timing of everything. Then again, this year's release schedule has been unconventional to say the least..

Half the rooms in the house are Insidious.
giphy.gif

I prefer the more paranormal ghostly vibes, so Blumhouse will be a hit for me. I don't mind at all if Get Lost or Ouija got taken out, I think it will work out better this way.

Last edited:
So guys, anyone care to weigh in on the final thoughts on an Icon for this year? It sure seems unlikely, based on the timing of everything. Then again, this year's release schedule has been unconventional to say the least..

"Festival of the Deadliest" is the theme. No icon.
And no. Soul Collectors are not icons. They may not even be mascots.

I think I'm cool with mostly insidious.. I mean I'm disappointed that the Blumhouse house is not going to have a very diverse offering but at least I know what to expect going in. I enjoyed the house at 25, hopefully they can pull of the atmosphere in that tent. Chance last year didn't really show what that space was capable of.

I think I must have went through Insidious at change over every time as I seemed to have a completely different experience to everyone else. No scares and little atmosphere. It was my least favourite house at HHN25 - hopefully blumhouse redeems it. Would have loved to have seen the HHN interpretation of Split too.