Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Revenge of the Mummy (USH)

BEWARE THE ECLIPSE!!!
RUN FOR YOUR LIVES! THE CURSE IS REAL! IMHOTEP LIVES!!!

d2ytcCb.jpg

That wall art at the exit was blank when I was last there. It used to have art from The Mummy, then Mummy 3, then Tom Cruise plus a Mummy, and now nothing. How should that be taken?

That wall art at the exit was blank when I was last there. It used to have art from The Mummy, then Mummy 3, then Tom Cruise plus a Mummy, and now nothing. How should that be taken?
The walls are blank to remind you that the same man that designed that ride is the same man that gives us those glorious blank walls every year at HHN.

The walls are blank to remind you that the same man that designed that ride is the same man that gives us those glorious blank walls every year at HHN.
Ouch, you could feel that burn from Mt. Everest. Don’t you think that was a bit too harsh?

With the refurbishment being closed for today, I seriously couldn't wait for ROTM's actual closure next year so that we could make room for Super Nintendo World's DK Mine Cart Coaster. If the DK Coaster being partially outdoors is true, then such replacement would lose the only indoor roller coaster Universal Hollywood has in the park, leaving Disneyland Resort as the only themed indoor roller coaster attraction in all of California. While the Mummy ride in L.A. is popular and interesting, the ride itself based on Brendan Frasier is long gone and needs a bit of a replacing too. Plus, I'm happy for the fact Universal Hollywood is taking directions from its counterpart in Orlando now they need to modernize the expand the park. I'm not saying that the park should be exactly like Orlando, but the park's almost half a day and I couldn't really justify spending money that would get me out of the park by 2 to 3 pm. It's one of the reasons why I rather spend money going to Disneyland Resort instead because simply, one park is far bigger to make it my whole day. I just hope USH is big enough for a whole day to enjoy rather than for a couple of hours.

I know this is never going to happen but I'd love to see ROTM moved and 'plussed' to elsewhere on the lowerlot. It could be tweeked to be more of a classic Mummy attraction with a really good facade and shop similar to Singapore.

I know this is never going to happen but I'd love to see ROTM moved and 'plussed' to elsewhere on the lowerlot. It could be tweeked to be more of a classic Mummy attraction with a really good facade and shop similar to Singapore.

That wouldn't really happen though, as such move would attract less audience and attention. As one would say, attraction are needed at Universal to keep up with the times with critics and audience.

I know I know, makes no business sense at all, but I can dream can't I?! :):)
As I said, know its never gonna happen but I do still like ROTM, will be sad when it goes.

I believe Mummy should close after summer 2019...could it wait until December? perhaps, but not likely.

I believe around December 2019, when Universal Studios Hollywood would announce the construction of SNW. Summer 2019 when the Jurassic World ride will open that time would be considered premature for ROTM to close or be announced for closure, especially in the summer season where a large number of tourists would flock to Los Angeles for the USH park and others. Plus, the Mummy ride just got recently refurbished so it's pretty much out of the question. I guess we might get SNW before Orlando and after Japan.

Happy 14th Anniversary to Revenge of the Mummy - The Ride at Universal Studios Hollywood.

This attraction holds a very special place at Cow Missing Productions. We're honored to create these annual videos from our own photos and with exclusive attraction audio and video footage. We celebrate this attraction and thank the amazingly talented people who created it. But moreover, the daily employees in Operations and Technical Services who have run and maintained this attraction for the past 14 years. Keep up your amazing work, it shows.

Interesting little detail I noticed while riding Mummy this past Saturday.

When you come to a stop before going in reverse where scarab beetles are projected on the wall, you can feel something tickling your feet. I've never noticed this before. Perhaps because I was wearing sandals this time, but was this always a feature of the ride or something added later? Have any of you noticed this while wearing shoes?

Interesting little detail I noticed while riding Mummy this past Saturday.

When you come to a stop before going in reverse where scarab beetles are projected on the wall, you can feel something tickling your feet. I've never noticed this before. Perhaps because I was wearing sandals this time, but was this always a feature of the ride or something added later? Have any of you noticed this while wearing shoes?

Yeah, it's just very subtle and unnoticeable if you dont have your feet close to the seat.

Celebrated 14 years of "Revenge of the Mummy" today with The Mummy.... who took my hat just for this pic..

fiMDvvF.jpg

Yes kids, next year would be the 15th anniversary of the ride... here's to one final year of operation?

Does anyone know where I might find "Revenge of the Mummy" inspired pins in the park? If available at all? Last time I went to Jurassic Outfitters they only had pins for the new Tom Cruise movie.