Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Six Flags Magic Mountain

^ A rumor thrown around was that the Giant Frisbee would come alongside a flat ride package themed to DC villains. So perhaps Frisbee - Joker, (if it happens) Powersplash - Penguin, 3rd ride - ???
Whoa, PLOT TWIST! You didn't say anything about a third flat earlier!

Super Loop is likely out (Whew!), Sky Screamer ain't happening, Frisbee and power splash are two....I'm thinking it's either a Troika or an Enterprise 2.0 like what Over Texas got a couple years back. Really hoping for Enterprise 2.0.

EDIT: by Enterprise 2.0 I meant Zamparela Endeavor. Didn't realize that was the official name.

Clarification: The Third flat is speculation on my part. I'm speculating the package (if we get it) comes in a trio, as just a Giant Frisbee and the Power Splash would be kinda awkward on their own.

The SFMM newsletter however only teased a new ride (not plural). For sure am leaning towards just the Giant Frisbee.

Clarification: The Third flat is speculation on my part. I'm speculating the package (if we get it) comes in a trio, as just a Giant Frisbee and the Power Splash would be kinda awkward on their own.

The SFMM newsletter however only teased a new ride (not plural). For sure am leaning towards just the Giant Frisbee.
This is probably the most likely scenario. If they're gonna save up for their new 20th coaster, they're gonna want to spread some additions out. I can see those speculated flats go on Psyclone Bay.

So the attraction got leaked, Crazanity, in the new Boardwalk section of the park and sounds like it might be replacing the Bumper Cars. It's the World's Largest Frisbee (gimmicky).

Also Tidal Wave is staying. This section will be so awkward in the park...

So the attraction got leaked, Crazanity, in the new Boardwalk section of the park and sounds like it might be replacing the Bumper Cars. It's the World's Largest Frisbee (gimmicky).

The Boardwalk section, would that mean Colossus County Fair? I may be confused..

The Boardwalk section, would that mean Colossus County Fair? I may be confused..

Same. Apparently the leak I saw mentioned it will be replacing the Bumper cars, which can only mean it's across from Metropolis. This is so dumb as it'll literally be the smallest section of the park. I hope theres more to this announcement than just the frisbee. It'll feel out of place.

EDIT: Photo is not mine, found on Instagram:
21150360_10155537297631878_2182899726210646868_n.jpg

Last edited:
While the bumper cars is a ride I skip, I don't why they need to be removed. I'm sure there are other locations this could possibly go. Like the old Crazy Barrels space? In a park already devoid of flat rides, replacing one for one is pretty weak. I was really hoping for a flat ride package ala SFOT last year (Trioka, Endeavor, and Giant Frisbee). Then it could possibly feel like a boardwalk...

………..huh?

I feel like this is a situation where your decrepit old uncle (Tidal Wave) is on his death bed. You've said your last goodbyes and suddenly your healthy father (Bumper cars), who was in no way going to kick the bucket anytime soon, chokes on a Cheerio and dies.

Bumper cars? BUMPER CARS? Talk about a huge plot twist. I mean, those things were never a priority for me to go on as they have always felt watered down, but hot dang. Bumper Cars are a traditional amusement park essential! It won't really feel like a real amusement park without it. Even worse, it was there since the park opened. The exit sign even has one of the original trolls on there. We're going to lose a piece of SFMM history here. Well, at least Knott's will still have theirs.

Like some people have already said, this seems really odd. It feels unnecessary and SFMM really needs to add its flats roster, not replace any. No one thought this would happen because you would think SFMM would want to save on their water bill and get rid of Tidal Wave. I guess SFMM will still have three water rides.

We'll get all the details in under 12 hours so I'm hoping this is actually replacing Tidal Wave and we get concept for the Boardwalk

^ It feels like a swing on steroids. The butterflies this thing gives in your stomach is like feeling like a little kid again. I love them so I'm happy we got one.

New for 2018: CraZanity and Updated Boardwalk!
SFMM New 2018 | Six Flags Magic Mountain

LOS ANGELES, Calif. — August 31, 2017 — Six Flags Magic Mountain, the undisputed “Thrill Capital of the World,” today unveiled plans for a crazy fun 2018 when CraZanity, the world’s tallest pendulum ride, makes its debut in late spring. At a record-breaking 17-stories in the air, this impressive giant disk will reach speeds up to 75-miles-per-hour, as it whips back and forth— higher and higher to give riders a staggering view of the world below them.
The Los Angeles-based theme park also recently announced it is entering the destination travel market by launching a 365-day operating calendar on January 1, 2018. With Southern California welcoming more than 47 million visitors annually and a noted theme park mecca, Six Flags will now have an operating schedule on par with all other theme parks in Southern California.

“Known world-wide for having the best thrills bar none, combined with a strong and expanding global Six Flags brand, there is no better time to enter the destination market. The addition of 100 days not only greatly expands our travel industry opportunities, but also allows us to further leverage the vast population of 24-million Southern California residents and our valued Season Pass Holder base who recognize that Six Flags Magic Mountain is hands down the place for thrills,” said Park President Bonnie Sherman Weber. “The new CraZanity is a mash up of craziness and insane fun, an experience different from anything else we have in our unparalleled thrill ride arsenal. We are delighted to introduce what will be the centerpiece of a newly-themed, Boardwalk area, and another world-record attraction.”

The Boardwalk highlights include:
• CraZanity – where 40 riders will experience speeds up to 75 miles-per-hour as they
reach a world-record 17 stories high;

• The pendulum swings back and forth while rotating counterclockwise;

• As guests swing higher and higher, they will experience a feeling of weightlessness at
172 feet in the air; and,

• Enhanced Bumper Cars, renovated attractions, dining, games and shopping.

crazanity1.JPG
crazanity2.JPG

Last edited:
Even though I never ride them, I'm glad the bumper cars are staying. It's the location of the last remaining Magic Mountain Troll. I wonder if they'll play up that fact at all?

So does it seem to be replacing the old Metro station?