Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The 'House of Horror" Mazes

Jun 28, 2017
back at hhn they had a house in 1995 called universal house of horrors. it was basically a duel run haunted house with two sides. classics and modern, the house was popular enough to have a few sequels.

1995 universal house of horrors

1996 universals new house of horrors. a version that replaced the modern movies with real life serial killers like jack the ripper.

1997 universals museum of horrors

1998 museum of horror; chamber of horrors. museum of horror, unnatural history

1999 universal's creature feature in 3d. don't know if it counts but the theme is similar.

if anyone remembers these mazes and what some of these rooms were that would be amazing.

Don't forget the House of Horrors house in 2012, which featured Wolfman, Dracula, Mummy, Phantom, Creature from the Black Lagoon, and Frankenstein and used the same strobe effect as Dead Exposure.

Don't forget the House of Horrors house in 2012, which featured Wolfman, Dracula, Mummy, Phantom, Creature from the Black Lagoon, and Frankenstein and used the same strobe effect as Dead Exposure.
yeah i deleted that one because there's already footage of it

six months and no response, holy crap no one actually knows these lol.

Kind-of shows that not a lot of people really cared for those, or even really thought much of them.

Hollywood's HHN wasn't exactly as well documented, unlike Orlando, and that we don't have enough to justify speaking much of them, because we don't know much about them to begin with in the first place. The memories, aren't exactly within this audience. If you want better luck, Horror Night Nightmares would be a Far better area of where that can be talked about, in a hate to admit it way.

kinda sad really, since this was the years when many people said hhn was extreme, and it featured movies that were never include in houses, [ the fly, night of the living dead, x files, candyman, poltergeist etc etc] just wondered how they did it

kinda sad really, since this was the years when many people said hhn was extreme, and it featured movies that were never include in houses, [ the fly, night of the living dead, x files, candyman, poltergeist etc etc] just wondered how they did it

Not everything can be easily translated well. And as far as IP's are concerned, the only IP's featured during that time consisted of

Mazes:
Tales of The Crypt
The Undertaker
Clive Barker
Buffy/Angel
House of 1000 Corpses (2000)

Scarezones:
Nightmare Creatures

Shows:
Bill and Ted
Chucky's Insult Emporium
Rob Zombie (99')
Penn and Teller (92')
Beetlejuice (92' and 97')

They never had The Fly, the "Living Dead" series, X-Files, Candyman, Poltergeist, and other IP's. They never did.

Honestly, nothing really outside of Tales of The Crypt and Clive Barker are notable highlights, and even things like HoTC, Bill and Ted, Chucky, and arguably Penn and Teller made comebacks to HHN in different forms (Penn and Teller for Orlando; Chucky for three years from 06 to 08; and Bill and Ted from 07 to 12).

Nothing really should be talked, outside of maybe how it was somewhat of a shadow of what it would eventually become.

Not everything can be easily translated well. And as far as IP's are concerned, the only IP's featured during that time consisted of

Mazes:
Tales of The Crypt
The Undertaker
Clive Barker
Buffy/Angel
House of 1000 Corpses (2000)

Scarezones:
Nightmare Creatures

Shows:
Bill and Ted
Chucky's Insult Emporium
Rob Zombie (99')
Penn and Teller (92')
Beetlejuice (92' and 97')

They never had The Fly, the "Living Dead" series, X-Files, Candyman, Poltergeist, and other IP's. They never did.

Honestly, nothing really outside of Tales of The Crypt and Clive Barker are notable highlights, and even things like HoTC, Bill and Ted, Chucky, and arguably Penn and Teller made comebacks to HHN in different forms (Penn and Teller for Orlando; Chucky for three years from 06 to 08; and Bill and Ted from 07 to 12).

Nothing really should be talked, outside of maybe how it was somewhat of a shadow of what it would eventually become.
you realize im talking about orlando's not hollywood's, all of those houses were from orlando's old years, orlando had a mashup house from 95 to 99

you realize im talking about orlando's not hollywood's, all of those houses were from orlando's old years

Actually no.

Orlando never had Clive Barker, nor did they ever have Undertaker, Buffy/Angel, Rob Zombie (even to today, they don't), Nightmare Creatures, or the Insult Emporium.

The only things Orlando had was Tales from The Crypt (90's was strong for that in USF), and Penn and Teller (2012, 22).

I can fact check all night, and I would be right in a lot of that.

Actually no.

Orlando never had Clive Barker, nor did they ever have Undertaker, Buffy/Angel, Rob Zombie (even to today, they don't), Nightmare Creatures, or the Insult Emporium.

The only things Orlando had was Tales from The Crypt (90's was strong for that in USF), and Penn and Teller (2012, 22).

I can fact check all night, and I would be right in a lot of that.
dude no, first there was no penn and teller until 2012 [ checked and none] and these were the houses i mean
1995 - The Crypt Keeper's Dungeon of Terror
Universal's House of Horrors
Terror Underground: Transit to Torment
1996-

The Crypt Keeper's Studio Tour of Terror
Toy Hell: Nightmare at the Scream Factory
Universal's New House of Horrors
1997- Hotel Hell
Tombs of Terror
Universal's Museum of Horror
1998 - Hell's High
Museum of Horror: Chamber of Horrors
Museum of Horror: Unnatural History

S.S. Frightanic: Fear in First Class
S.S. Frightanic: Carnage Crew
1999- Doomsday
Insanity
The Mummy
Psycho: Through the Mind of Norman Bates
Universal's Creature Features in 3-D

dude no, first there was no penn and teller until 2012 [ checked and none] and these were the houses i mean
1995 - The Crypt Keeper's Dungeon of Terror
Universal's House of Horrors
Terror Underground: Transit to Torment
1996-

The Crypt Keeper's Studio Tour of Terror
Toy Hell: Nightmare at the Scream Factory
Universal's New House of Horrors
1997- Hotel Hell
Tombs of Terror
Universal's Museum of Horror
1998 - Hell's High
Museum of Horror: Chamber of Horrors
Museum of Horror: Unnatural History

S.S. Frightanic: Fear in First Class
S.S. Frightanic: Carnage Crew
1999- Doomsday
Insanity
The Mummy
Psycho: Through the Mind of Norman Bates
Universal's Creature Features in 3-D

I thought you were more going down towards the Hollywood event and the Orlando version (as it's sometimes confusing where people place their threads).

That said, Penn and Teller did debut in a prior HHN, just not Orlando's. That can be very much be said, but that I didn't look into what section of the thread there was.

That said, to play onward, allow me to say this. Was those mazes thought of fondly? Were they? That should be the first and foremost question brought up, as they don't seem iconic in my own eyes.

also i don't need to know about hollywoods since there's footage of it lol

But here's the thing, maybe why people don't care is more due to how much it was slammed down into their own throats? Dracula and Frankenstein had major hit's in 19 with their own houses, that didn't connect to a large house.

One of the things that makes me not a HHN fan anymore, is how people get so personal with it to where I only see it by it's flaws now as opposed to it's positives. I am burnt out, and that I am trying to atleast give a good discussion to why but that people will not care to look, because they made the Classic Monsters in the 90's in a sense, the TWD of Orlando back them.

They were used so heavily, they couldn't have any other form of breathing room outside of a few other things from time to time.

back at hhn they had a house in 1995 called universal house of horrors. it was basically a duel run haunted house with two sides. classics and modern, the house was popular enough to have a few sequels.
Lemme stop you right there.

"Popular" for any house is the 90s is an irrelevant claim. They didn't STOP bringing back the same house(s) year after year until 2000. It wasn't a popularity thing; it was a budget thing. The brought back PsychoPath and People Under the Stairs three or four times each in the first six years. It was a wildly different event then, with different priorities and management.

Second, you're talking about a population that, exceptions aside, would be in their 40s. The internet wasn't widely used then, and the idea of "rabid HHN fans" were an anomaly. I'm considered one of the oldest scareactor "vets" in the general fandom (I'm not counting the gated community at Chainsaw Wolf of which several older scareactors than me reside, if it's still a thing), and my first year was 2002.

You're posting a "Wanted" ad on Twitter when the people who would know these details are on LiveJournal. Don't be surprised no one has answered.