Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

Does make you wonder what all the space inside the building is used for.

Disaster was a tram that went forward and back and had a much smaller building - and went into a large set, not a wrap around screen.

So very curious what this ride will be besides the screen.

Does make you wonder what all the space inside the building is used for.

Disaster was a tram that went forward and back and had a much smaller building - and went into a large set, not a wrap around screen.

So very curious what this ride will be besides the screen.

ff size.PNG kong size.PNG

The plot of land is pretty similar but I think F&F has the bigger show building. Thinking about the project as a whole, Universal are keeping their cards pretty close to their chest.

View attachment 5168 View attachment 5169

The plot of land is pretty similar but I think F&F has the bigger show building. Thinking about the project as a whole, Universal are keeping their cards pretty close to their chest.
Thanks for the comparison

I have said before that I am ok with a 360 scene if before it there are practical sets and some animatronics/old school effects

Sometimes I wonder if they are keeping their cards close or just trying to open this up quietly haha

The troubling part is that nearly every insider has said there's not much of anything in there other than the screen.

There has to be more, right?

I mean the attraction footprint is about the same size as KK (thanks @scott_walker ) and F&F has the extra building to house the queue, so that show building is pretty large just for a ride through a 360 screen.

Or am I just wishful thinking?

I mean the attraction footprint is about the same size as KK (thanks @scott_walker ) and F&F has the extra building to house the queue, so that show building is pretty large just for a ride through a 360 screen.

Longer ride-vehicle means longer screens means less show scenes, and probably just one long 3D tunnel... at least that's my take.

I'm guessing preshows get converted to standing room and ride is just the tunnel.

I'm setting my hopes below zero on this one.

This is my thinking also. If you take away the outdoor portion, which is about 3/4 acre, then there should surely be a lot more on offer.

I can't remember if the ride vehicles are known yet. I know it will be similar to Kong but I'm not sure if it will sit 72 people again.

Longer ride-vehicle means longer screens means less show scenes, and probably just one long 3D tunnel... at least that's my take.

I'm guessing preshows get converted to standing room and ride is just the tunnel.

I'm setting my hopes below zero on this one.

Even if the tunnel runs the whole length of one side of the building that would still leave a bunch of space.

I know all the insiders are saying and that he rumours are pointing to exactly as you say, but I really feel Uni has more to offer, correction, I really hope Uni has more to offer on this one.

Everything I had heard before was that they were similar to the Kong vehicles, but smaller, with seating around 48. But that was a couple of years ago, so perhaps it changed. I can't see the attraction being only an apx. 2 minute experience (360 tunnel). But the pre shows from Hollywood were the weakest part of the attraction, so I hope they get replaced with different, changed & upgraded scenes/effects & some physical effects. And hopefully the 360 scene gets upgraded from the Hollywood version, like they did with Reign of Kong's 360 scene.

Everything I had heard before was that they were similar to the Kong vehicles, but smaller, with seating around 48. But that was a couple of years ago, so perhaps it changed. I can't see the attraction being only an apx. 2 minute experience (360 tunnel). But the pre shows from Hollywood were the weakest part of the attraction, so I hope they get replaced with different, changed & upgraded scenes/effects & some physical effects. And hopefully the 360 scene gets upgraded from the Hollywood version, like they did with Reign of Kong's 360 scene.
For some reason I picture Kalana driving us into a warehouse, and instead of Kong chants you hear Vin, Vin, Vin, Tooolay Vin

Notice the lack of any care or excitement by bloggers in the know, and the shrugging of its very existence? That should tell you everything. I don't think it'll be as barebones as some are worrying, but it sure as hell ain't going to be anything anyone will give much of a crap about.

Notice the lack of any care or excitement by bloggers in the know, and the shrugging of its very existence? That should tell you everything. I don't think it'll be as barebones as some are worrying, but it sure as hell ain't going to be anything anyone will give much of a crap about.
Ironically, it dosen't even round out the park as a whole (Another screen based ride)...All it really does it get people off the streets, but then again, so do prisons

All it really does it get people off the streets

And barely, at that.

Queueless... :(

I'm actually curious what it will do to Diagon, considering that's the closest attraction. Why do I have this feeling the majority of people will use it as a de facto queue and head there to wait the last 15-20 mins before they can ride F&F?

Get off the Simpsons at 1:30- return time for F&F is 2pm. Not enough time to do much, so you just go hang at Diagon for the next half hour, etc.

This reminds me so much of the "Meh" sentiment that Fallon had until it actually opened.
I was excited for Fallon. I am not excited for this.

But hey, at least The Rock is still in the new attraction in the space where his last attraction was. So, there's that.