Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

SeaWorld Orlando's Future Plans

Oh you can stop this Sea Rescue dark ride talk now. That entire project was scrapped in favor of Infinity Falls. Of the dark ride projects they had on the plate at the time they chose the submarine to no where ride in Cali. Yes they chose that abomination in favor of Sea Rescue, thats how terrible the planned attraction was. SeaWorld going forward has been in talks with a highly respected firm in the biz but nothing concrete has happened yet and to be frank at this point not sure it ever will. Its a large scale project and hopefully it happens cause SeaWorlds dark rides are lets face it crap...

Didn't ITEC formerly do pretty much everything for Busch and subsequently SeaWorld? That's how the whole Egypt area with Montu came to be, and a few others that were pretty well done. Did that relationship fall apart with the corporate changes? Or is it still a thing?

WAIT, hold up. When was this?

Edit: Also, I really hope that their next coaster won't be a Wave Breaker clone. I'll take almost anything else
I rode Wave breaker this Sunday 3 times. I give it a resounding "meh". It wasn't impressive in the slightest, very short- and it has a staggering 48" height requirement- only due to ride trains. It could've easily been a 38-40" ride instead.

Didn't ITEC formerly do pretty much everything for Busch and subsequently SeaWorld? That's how the whole Egypt area with Montu came to be, and a few others that were pretty well done. Did that relationship fall apart with the corporate changes? Or is it still a thing?

I cannot speak to their current relationship but I will say I'm referencing a different major firm you would also see on the IAAPA show floor.

I think sally could do a nice dark ride on a budget given how good justice league has been. It would be a good value for Sea World.

Considering Andy knows what he is talking about I'd trust his judgement
I think I should have explained myself better, I wasn't trying to contradict Andy or question his information at all, I was just pointing out that in the theme park industry projects can be shelved for years, decades even, and then reappear later on. Whether this will happen with the Sea Rescue dark ride, I have absolutely no idea, but I was just pointing out that it isn't unusual for old projects to resurface in the future :)

Just for reference, the 1.4M shares are about $18M of a $1.3B company.

Theyre around 20% right now. Considering they were low single digits during the beginning of the year, and that China's Zhonghong Zhuoye Group bought Blackstone's 21%- it appears a play is being made to become the #1 shareholder instead of Zhonghong.
Or- Hill Path knows that Seaworld will be successful in China, so they're capitalizing. Either way- it ain't chump change.