Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

USF Project?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the biggest thing you are missing with Bond shooter ride is with Bond you are shooting people. Not aliens etc. While just a game, it still could cross a PR line especially if an active shooter situation happened on Universal's campus.
Good point. Now that I think about it, the classic Bond character may best be avoided in a modern theme park setting.

View attachment 5171
Things of note:
  • Jurassic Park strollers are awesome!
  • The straw roof gift shop on left is next to sick triceratops from Jurassic Park on display in The Boneyard
  • Ghostbusters soundstage still has old blue/mauve color palette
  • Monsters Cafe is still called Studio Stars and is a buffet!
  • No Monsters drink shop blocking view of New York facades
  • That guy is smoking on the path, because no designated smoking areas
  • Are those street lights still there at the end of the street? You can see red lights in front of facades. Pretty sure that's long gone now, right?
  • Before anyone had ever even heard the phrase "Global Warming" and the parks were typically around the mid-60s during the day.
  • "Tough guys" wore purple.

I wish I could find all my old photos from the early 1990s. So far I've located one from the New York streets. There are hundreds of photos somewhere at my parents house. One day I'll find them. One day.

EDIT: Here's the one photo I've found so far, taken around 1993.

View attachment 5171
Things of note:
  • The straw roof gift shop on left is next to sick triceratops from Jurassic Park on display in The Boneyard
  • Are those street lights still there at the end of the street? You can see red lights in front of facades. Pretty sure that's long gone now, right?

Those strollers were AWESOME. Showing my youth, but I remember being in one of those!

I wish I could find all my old photos from the early 1990s. So far I've located one from the New York streets. There are hundreds of photos somewhere at my parents house. One day I'll find them. One day.

EDIT: Here's the one photo I've found so far, taken around 1993.

View attachment 5171
Things of note:

Man... I gotta rummage through my grandparents and parents albums... I'm sure I have some winners. That's great though! Thanks for sharing.

If they want to put a show somewhere, they have Toon Lagoon Amphitheater sitting there doing nothing (I know it's IOA but really find a use for it or knock it down for a ride already.)
I don't understand why they don't have something...anything in that theater. At this point, the fact they can't put together a show to fill that space and add another option of entertainment is beyond lazy and smacks of pathetic.

Seriously, is the thing built over an Indian burial ground or something? My 16 year old could put together a Sing show/M&G but Universal Studios struggles.

Why can't Universal do live entertainment?

IMO I don't think the FFL stage is going anywhere fwiw

Then I really don't understand why this thread exploded last week with reliable insiders stating something dramatic was about to happen. Was all that because they announced this was the last year of Bill & Ted? I really don't see that announcement as being dramatic, but I've never seen it so I guess I can't really comment...However, since Bill & Ted is held in the Fear Factor Live area then why wouldn't it finally be getting the ax? That is such a waste of space it drives me insane that it just sits there year after year.

Then I really don't understand why this thread exploded last week with reliable insiders stating something dramatic was about to happen. Was all that because they announced this was the last year of Bill & Ted? I really don't see that announcement as being dramatic, but I've never seen it so I guess I can't really comment...However, since Bill & Ted is held in the Fear Factor Live area then why wouldn't it finally be getting the ax? That is such a waste of space it drives me insane that it just sits there year after year.

I've heard enough things to believe USF is getting a new attraction (of some scope) before Nintendo opens.

I've heard enough things to believe USF is getting a new attraction (of some scope) before Nintendo opens.

If FFL isn't going away, then that there are four possibilities to me

Mummy (Something new to replace it due to perhaps the ride track and effects being not as new as per say The Incredible Hulk)
T23D (TWDA?)
Shrek 4D (Presumably a Flex-Venue, and that it doesn't have to be strictly Dreamworks if they wanted too)

Or, a new place altogether in perhaps NYStreet for SLoP.

I would say we never see anything Walking Dead in Orlando ever again.

Probably not, especially considering what people have said for Hollywood's GSAT's; but I'm crapshooting about that location.

Honestly, if I had to guess; it'd either be Mummy or Shrek. When you think of it, both would almost have immediate impact for the park; for one of two reasons. Mummy, it'd be the loss of a rather good capacity dual loading darkcoaster that could've gotten people inside. Shrek, would be making DMMM for now do full time; and that waits could increase more for that attraction in particular than any other attraction in the park if that happens.

It'd be the weenie until they could get whatever would replace Shrek 4-D up ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.