Volcano Bay: General Discussion | Page 137 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
We tapped straight down and it wouldn't work. Even on the one that we ended up getting it was a bit hit or miss. As for the first one we were assigned, the entire "door" had been broken off. . . I think as time goes on they'll get a better handle on devising a system that is less fragile.

Yeah, I warned our server that the screws were falling out of the door to the lock box we had....seems it would be somewhat simple, but I do not think those things can last long.

Reactions: Malikshah
9 days! I havent been to Orlando in 4 years. I can't freaking wait. Staying at Cabana Bay Volcano view for three days and then off to Pop Century.

Right now it looks so much better then opening day. It really is transforming.

Did everyone see Tim's last visit to Volcano Bay? Most complainy I've seen him.
Yup, id like to see the official policy on Go Pros on the rides, its not fair on guests waiting in line, getting to the top and being told they cant ride, even if its in their pocket.
Although id suspect the official stance will be, no go pros on ANY rides.

Yup, id like to see the official policy on Go Pros on the rides, its not fair on guests waiting in line, getting to the top and being told they cant ride, even if its in their pocket.
Although id suspect the official stance will be, no go pros on ANY rides.

As much as I enjoy hearing Tim laughing and saying "woohoo" as if he's auditioning for the new Mario ride- I prefer the no go pros on any rides stance. At best, nothing happens- but you can easily drop it and it cause delays. They should have a handful of media do some professional ride throughs so they can be on Youtube for anyone to see. There's quite literally no reason to have a go pro on a ride- or film fireworks at Disney- yet hundreds (thousands) mindlessly do it everyday.
Video of your kids watching the fireworks? Perfect.
Video of the fireworks on your iPhone when they're all over youtube by professionals at 4k? Idiotic.

Watched Orlandaves most recent video and saw lots of new water spots. Going to Bio's feed- looks like more water on the volcano now.

The reviews clearly wouldn't have been good at all still w/ the crowds and waits and rides going down- but it makes me curious if people would be more taken aback with the beauty during media previews.
It sucks that all the media pics, etc are of an unfinished park with paths unfinished, few cabanas, electrical everywhere, not as many lights, no toppers, no walk through of volcano, less waterfalls- the list is enormous, really.

As it currently stands- It sounds as if lines are finally slowing down a little now too during weekdays since school has started. Hearing that outside of Taniwa Tubes there are others that are ride now on occasion throughout the day.
Once the brits are back home and after labor day weekend- the place will be a dream to go to.

Last edited:
Watched Orlandaves most recent video and saw lots of new water spots. Going to Bio's feed- looks like more water on the volcano now.

Sounds as if lines are finally slowing down pretty significantly now too during weekdays now that school has started. Once the brits are back home and after labor day weekend- the place will be a dream to go to.

9/27 cant wait!

Did I hurt your feelings or something?

I know what you'll say before I even click on the thread. Your non-objective dislike for all things Volcano Bay is tiresome, to say the least.
But to reference that wicker lights look like they belong in Tomorrowland... I don't even want to call it a reach. Pathetic might be more apropos.

I'm not sure hurling insults at me is the best way to make your point, you seem to be taking things personally. I like certain parts of Volcano Bay but think that the product as a whole is one of the worst in Orlando theme park history.

Anywho, will all that pretty in-rock recessed lighting that they did to the exterior, I expected that they would do something similar in the dome up top. The Pier-One inspired pendant lighting is a very odd choice - especially if that's the final product. The front of the volcano in comparison to the back is so thematically disjointed at this point.

Hope my opinion didn't ruin your day. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Reactions: DrakeParker
I'm not sure hurling insults at me is the best way to make your point, you seem to be taking things personally. I like certain parts of Volcano Bay but think that the product as a whole is one of the worst in Orlando theme park history.

Anywho, will all that pretty in-rock recessed lighting that they did to the exterior, I expected that they would do something similar in the dome up top. The Pier-One inspired pendant lighting is a very odd choice - especially if that's the final product. The front of the volcano in comparison to the back is so thematically disjointed at this point.

Or- when you looked at it you saw pendant lights that you thought were industrial looking- hence why you said Star Wars or Tomorrowland.
When in reality, they were wicker- not industrial. But instead of admitting you didn't look close enough and were too quick to judge, you'd rather double down on your opinion. God forbid you make a mistake, right?

I'm sure your alleged multiple visits jives with it being the worst product in Orlando Theme Park history.
Stuff just doesn't match up does it. :thumbsup:

Or- when you looked at it you saw pendant lights that you thought were industrial looking- hence why you said Star Wars or Tomorrowland.
When in reality, they were wicker- not industrial. But instead of admitting you didn't look close enough and were too quick to judge, you'd rather double down on your opinion. God forbid you make a mistake, right?

I'm sure your alleged multiple visits jives with it being the worst product in Orlando Theme Park history.
Stuff just doesn't match up does it. :thumbsup:

Maybe best to agree to disagree guys :thumbsup:

I'm not sure what I did wrong? The lighting looks like its from Tomorrowland, Star Wars, and yes... even Pandora. You got mad at me because in your personal opinion the wicker lamps looks just fine. That's cool, it's your opinion to have... don't be a VB-SJW about it though. Sheesh.

In MY opinion, the shape and placement of them look unnatural and hanging pendant lighting from the inside of a blown out volcano just looks really odd. I would have expected them to back light the rock work rather than tack on even more random theme elements that don't make sense. Oh well, they chose a different concept.

And for the record, I've been to the park a few times with family. That doesn't mean I'm secretly in love with the place, it means that I'm a good brother/son/uncle for bringing along my relatives to enjoy something new.