USF Project? | Page 38 | Inside Universal Forums

USF Project?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't get why Universal would replace FFL with another show instead of putting something like Potter or Bond instead. The wild west show is not going to be nearly as popular as a new attraction would be. The stunt show is not going to get the general publics attention and will be overshadowed by the Hogsmeade expansion, Nintendo, and Disney's projects.

Reasons why Mummy might go:
- Based off a broken franchise with next to no inherited draw.
- Super high maintenance costs.
Reasons why Mummy might stay:
- One of the highest GSAT scores in the park/is very popular.
- Very high capacity attraction that eats a lot of people at once.

Reasons why MIB might go:
- Also based off a broken franchise with no draw.
- I don't know if maintenance costs are as bad as Mummy, but with the amount of effects on this ride and the ones that don't work, it can't be cheap.
Reasons why MIB might stay:
- A completely unique attraction not found anywhere else in the resort.
- Often has very long lines, and once again, is decent capacity and can hold many people.

Reasons why E.T. might go:
- The ride is very dated and thematically different than... basically every other attraction in the park.
- Is butted up against some prime real estate for Super Nintendo World.
Reasons why E.T. might stay:
- From my experience, it's very popular among families with very long lines in the summer, and I believe it has very good GSATs.
- Is both the last remaining original attraction in the park and based off Spielberg's pride and joy, meaning that it would be a huge impact if it were to go.

So basically? Anything is possible, nothing is sacred, and death is inevitable. :clap:(Really though, I think we just need to wait and see at this point. As I showed, there's evidence both for and against basically every attraction in the park.)

Dumb question, can someone define "attraction" for me?
not dumb at all. an attraction in my eyes isn't something that draws crowds towards it so while most people would think of a ride, it could also mean a show or a walk through attraction (like posidens fury), or something of this sort.
I completely understand where you're coming from with this though... would superstar parade technically be an attraction?

Reactions: tankart150
If The stage is staying, but FFL is going, why would it be necessary to Axe B&T? Is it just the convenient excuse to end the show or would the new show's sets be too elaborate to remove every HHN?

If The stage is staying, but FFL is going, why would it be necessary to Axe B&T? Is it just the convenient excuse to end the show or would the new show's sets be too elaborate to remove every HHN?

I would think two reasons, but perhaps that could be talked about at the proper B&T thread?

I don't understand why they don't have something...anything in that theater. At this point, the fact they can't put together a show to fill that space and add another option of entertainment is beyond lazy and smacks of pathetic.

Seriously, is the thing built over an Indian burial ground or something? My 16 year old could put together a Sing show/M&G but Universal Studios struggles.

Why can't Universal do live entertainment?

Heck, Disneys building a new theatre for a show. Uni really does lack in this department, shows are people eaters and money spinners, sodas, popcorn, beers, merch. Yet they have 3 good sized stages and not one decent show in any of them, unbelievable for an entertainment company.

Heck, Disneys building a new theatre for a show. Uni really does lack in this department, shows are people eaters and money spinners, sodas, popcorn, beers, merch. Yet they have 3 good sized stages and not one decent show in any of them, unbelievable for an entertainment company.

The difference in these 3 categories is mind blowingly different between WDW and UOR:
-Nighttime Entertainment
-Parades
-Shows

With Night entertainment being the worst of the bunch. Every park at WDW has massively better nighttime offering than UOR- some being decades old.
While I enjoy Macy's- the superstar parade pales in comparison to MKs. I'd rather them not even do it, in it's present situation, to be completely honest.
For shows- you have some small intimate ones that are solid- Make-up, Ollivanders, etc. But again, even WDW's decades long shows in BatB and VLM are significantly better offerings- and that's before they add their new theater.

UOR has the capability- toon amphitheater just sitting there rotting. FFL just sitting there in the corner like a child in time out. 2 Lagoons. The potential to rebuild Hippogriff and move it to create a viewing area for Hogwarts w/ the DC expansion.
All of the above- outside of making a more elaborate parade (maybe plan it for the new park?)- they should have been focusing on for the past 5 years.
For whatever reason, Universal just can't figure it out.

The difference in these 3 categories is mind blowingly different between WDW and UOR:
-Nighttime Entertainment
-Parades
-Shows

With Night entertainment being the worst of the bunch. Every park at WDW has massively better nighttime offering than UOR- some being decades old.
While I enjoy Macy's- the superstar parade pales in comparison to MKs. I'd rather them not even do it, in it's present situation, to be completely honest.
For shows- you have some small intimate ones that are solid- Make-up, Ollivanders, etc. But again, even WDW's decades long shows in BatB and VLM are significantly better offerings- and that's before they add their new theater.

UOR has the capability- toon amphitheater just sitting there rotting. FFL just sitting there in the corner like a child in time out. 2 Lagoons. The potential to rebuild Hippogriff and move it to create a viewing area for Hogwarts w/ the DC expansion.
All of the above- outside of making a more elaborate parade (maybe plan it for the new park?)- they should have been focusing on for the past 5 years.
For whatever reason, Universal just can't figure it out.
And Universal wonders why they can't get a late night crowd in the park. It's not rocket science.

Universal could do an awesome "Nights are Universal" Summer Celebration.

Seriously, with how Universal "transforms" the park from daily operation to HHNs, you would think they could do a little if that on a daily basis considering Universal's Fab Five are Frankenstien, Dracula, Wolfman, Mummy, and The Creature From The Black Lagoon.

The "Villians, Monsters, and Minions" parade led by those cool zombie dancers from "Thriller". It would be more like "Boo Too You" than MSEP.

And "Dance Zones". You gotta have "Dance Zones". Minions Dance Zone, Mummy Dance Zone, and Aliens (MoB) Dance Zone.

Meet and Greets galore!

And just turn on the CineSpec tech and just let a new low key show run all night.

I wish I could find all my old photos from the early 1990s. So far I've located one from the New York streets. There are hundreds of photos somewhere at my parents house. One day I'll find them. One day.

EDIT: Here's the one photo I've found so far, taken around 1993.

View attachment 5171
Things of note:
  • Jurassic Park strollers are awesome!
  • The straw roof gift shop on left is next to sick triceratops from Jurassic Park on display in The Boneyard
  • Ghostbusters soundstage still has old blue/mauve color palette
  • Monsters Cafe is still called Studio Stars and is a buffet!
  • No Monsters drink shop blocking view of New York facades
  • That guy is smoking on the path, because no designated smoking areas
  • Are those street lights still there at the end of the street? You can see red lights in front of facades. Pretty sure that's long gone now, right?
Do-it.png

Then I really don't understand why this thread exploded last week with reliable insiders stating something dramatic was about to happen. Was all that because they announced this was the last year of Bill & Ted? I really don't see that announcement as being dramatic, but I've never seen it so I guess I can't really comment...However, since Bill & Ted is held in the Fear Factor Live area then why wouldn't it finally be getting the ax? That is such a waste of space it drives me insane that it just sits there year after year.

Fwiw I'm a huge HHN fan and the closing of Bill and Ted is pretty epic. And to find out amidst an already tough year in advertising and marketing hurt a bit more imo.

Regardless several people have straight up made themselves look silly and ill INFORMED during this and it's been amusing to watch.

For those stating another announcement is imminent then they simply don't get it. Nothing else will be announced before or during HHN. The event is too critical and in no way will they let anything take it's thunder right now. The new POTTAH coaster announcement was a knee jerk reaction imo that probably came from way up top due to Disney's massive D23 announcement.

All in all this thread is bogus for now and I wouldn't try to build off of much of anything here as most of this is literally grasping at straws. Let's just enjoy the Haunt Season and be excellent to one another this HORRAH NIGHTZ.

Now after HHN is a totally different ballgame imo...

Status
Not open for further replies.