Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Stay and Scream Locations?

If you are interested in American Horror Story at all, the S&S in Lucy in the best bet. Last year I used it at least 5 times and if you were not in line by 4:30 at the latest, the line was quite long. It was, however, the best way to see AHS without a 2 hour wait for most of the night. I think it may be even worse this year as the other IP's are not as recognizable as last year.

If you are interested in American Horror Story at all, the S&S in Lucy in the best bet. Last year I used it at least 5 times and if you were not in line by 4:30 at the latest, the line was quite long. It was, however, the best way to see AHS without a 2 hour wait for most of the night. I think it may be even worse this year as the other IP's are not as recognizable as last year.
Yeah, basically used this most nights but there is very little shade and there are a lot of rude people that just try and push though to the front and trample people when it opens. If the area is full though it prolly ends up being a 20-30 min wait once you get in if you are in the back.

I'm seriously calling people out this year who cut in line during S&S. Last year at the AHS S&S a kid EVERY TIME would get there really late, trample and cut past everyone to the front of the line. Once the gate would drop, he would hold out his arms so others wouldn't get pass him. Honestly wanted to smack his hat off his head.

Have some class, no cutting.

Does anyone else think they should spread out the early passholder entry to different houses? It was so busy the one year it didn't seem worth it.

I'm seriously calling people out this year who cut in line during S&S. Last year at the AHS S&S a kid EVERY TIME would get there really late, trample and cut past everyone to the front of the line. Once the gate would drop, he would hold out his arms so others wouldn't get pass him. Honestly wanted to smack his hat off his head.

Does anyone else think they should spread out the early passholder entry to different houses? It was so busy the one year it didn't seem worth it.
I have given up on the pass-holder early entry. If i sign up for it I pick up the wristband then go to another one and do that. The bonus there is that they don't let regulars into the tents until 6.30 so you can S&S 2 soundstage houses then roll into the tents at like 6.15 by the time the crowd has passed but before the hoards descend into it.

Springfield is definitely the best just for the AC.

It doesn't feel as stupid crowded as the others, as well. And I like 3 of the 4 Duff beers.

Only downside: the back houses generally take an hour to build up major lines. If you're zippy, knock out one or two soundstages from Finns and head back to Kid Zone as it opens, you'll knock out 5 by first Bill & Ted. From Springfield, you'll knock out the back houses with virtually no wait, but walk up front to find everything 60+.

It doesn't feel as stupid crowded as the others, as well. And I like 3 of the 4 Duff beers.

Only downside: the back houses generally take an hour to build up major lines. If you're zippy, knock out one or two soundstages from Finns and head back to Kid Zone as it opens, you'll knock out 5 by first Bill & Ted. From Springfield, you'll knock out the back houses with virtually no wait, but walk up front to find everything 60+.

I agree with this. Finnegan's is usually the way to go, but I will do Lucy at least once during the event just to change it up. I only do Springfield if I really like the houses on that end (e.g. 2015 when I had to do Halloween and Insidious a dozen times).

This has me thinking about trying Finn's for the first time ever this year..

This has me thinking about trying Finn's for the first time ever this year..
I definitely enjoy Finn's every once in a while, but I make a point to get there early so I can get a table or seats at the bar. How often I go there kinda depends on the houses in that corner of the park for that year. Last year was kind of a mixed bag with Ghost Town (amazeballs) and Walking Dead (fart noise) back there.

I usually try to get to Finn's as early as I can so I can just find a spot at the bar and post up. They take out the stools, which creates a bit more space, but yeah, usually pretty crowded by the time the HHN music starts pumping.

Outside Finns is always an option as well, especially if you get there early enough to find a stoop or a bench (or at least some curbside). Past year or two even done outside beer carts, just to spread the crowd around a little.

With all the talk about Springfield, I assume you can't do that location on AP event nights!

We have been lucky enough to eat at Finns on a few nights and to me, that is the best. I also like outside Finns.

I think my biggest issue with going to house while the sun is still out is that my eyes cannot adjust to the darkness...I miss so much, walk into places I should not...hit walls...man, one of those 3D houses one year really messed me up (shocker or something with an electric chair. I need to find some real dark glasses or maybe just try to bring sunglasses in the first place.

I know thevAP event gets crazy crowded, but I always felt they keep the houses for the AP event only longer than they do the sound stages.

For Stay and Scream, it seems hard to me to figure when houses will open..it really feels like you go to a house queue, once the SS areas are in a queue, they seem to open the main gates...or maybe we have gone into one house, then would go to a house that was not open yet and that misstep cost not getting two in before the GP gets in...last year, they completely block off AHS from Finns to the point that the front gate had access before I did.

So can we confirm which Stay and Scream locations get access to which houses?? Also is Diagon Alley open as a Stay and Scream?

So can we confirm which Stay and Scream locations get access to which houses?? Also is Diagon Alley open as a Stay and Scream?
I do not believe Diagon is a stay and scream location anymore. Hello kitty gets into AHS at 5.45ish whenever they finish the sweep. Finns gets into shining with dead waters opening at 6 and fallen at 6.30. Simpson's gets into both hive and blumhouse with scarecrow opening at 6.30. Ash opens at 6 and saw at 6.30. I hope they change Simpson's to blumhouse and scarecrow since that house it way more popular.

Yes this was the kid with all the buttons. I don't understand it he was there every night upsetting people. If he is doing this again this year USF should catch him and make him stop.