Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN Hollywood General Discussion - 2017

Any fellow universal employees on here that can tell me how horror nights employee preview works?? Where do I get the tickets? Who do I ask? I just started working at universal over the summer and I don't know everything yet. Please someone help me ::frown:

Putting this here; but now would be a good time to start a construction thread for Hollywood in particular. We are 25 days away from the event; and that this is something that is needed, so that this thread can be about speculation, not giving the latest updates.

HHN 17' - Construction Thread
We should've had this like a month ago :look: better late than never :blank:

Any chance my construction update & @ush.hacker 's update can be shifted to that thread?

bow0mWG.gif

:sleep:... Murdy... Murdy... Murdy...

I'm genuinely startled they haven't made the call yet. My guess is Insidious is probably a nightmare of clearances for imagery from the new film (which still lacks a teaser/trailer), and they want to announce I4/Blum together (for obvious reasons). Scare Academy happens this weekend, at which point they'll literally spell out the beats of both those mazes... one would think they'd scoot an announcement out by then, but, stranger things have happened.

So a thought had crossed my mind in regards to SHREK 4D....

Orlando uses "Theatre 2" of their Shrek 4D attraction for a house & our attraction just closed. While we all want them to get the new attraction done/open asap, I couldn't help but think of the missed opportunity of using Shrek 4D as a maze location this year. They have to gut the theatre itself anyway, the queue is already there. It would have been great if they had been able to use it as a maze location.

to any mods getting TRIGGERED that i said cocaine, your excuse is that universals a pg 13 event, well then look at bill and ted or some houses they have, tons of swearing there but here nope, and no i won't bet there's kids here either

to any mods getting TRIGGERED that i said cocaine, your excuse is that universals a pg 13 event, well then look at bill and ted or some houses they have, tons of swearing there but here nope, and no i won't bet there's kids here either
Naw. You're tame. If you're going to trigger the mods, you gotta say something really edgy.

There are only two genders.

I'm probably banned now.
:confused:Does anyone know how snow smells?
It smells like teen spirit.

I'm pretty sure it's a given the hedge maze portion is gonna have some herbal kind of smell for an "outdoor/foresty" atmosphere. Also we may have some type of "freshly cleaned hotel carpet smells" for in the hotel. Maybe perfumes for ghost rooms because of the older spirits and the time periods they were from. But those carpets are gonna have to be cleaned frequently with all the guests who will be attending throughout the months dirtying it.

OOOHHH WEE VIDEO SWEARED BETTER DELETE IT BECAUSE UNIVERSALS A PG 13 EVENT, even though there's bill and ted and many other mazes that sweared but OOH WEEEEEE
mods - 2k17

OOOHHH WEE VIDEO SWEARED BETTER DELETE IT BECAUSE UNIVERSALS A PG 13 EVENT, even though there's bill and ted and many other mazes that sweared but OOH WEEEEEE
mods - 2k17

...What? I don't know what you are saying at all.

___

I have to wonder for Shining, if AC will be used similar to what I believe they tried with The Thing.

i wonder what other smells will be in the other houses?

I have an idea of a few scents in the mazes:
Blumhouse: popcorn for the intro portion of the maze, before going into the movies.
Ash vs Evil Dead: pine, rotting corpses, murky or mildew
Saw: gross smells like urine, feces, rotting stuff
Titans of Terror: pumpkin hopefully because of Halloween, and other smells from past TCM, F13, and NOEM mazes
AHS: pine and rotting animal, burning scent for Lee's husband