HHN Hollywood General Discussion - 2017 | Page 147 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Hollywood General Discussion - 2017

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I bought tickets for Saturday Sept. 16 at $269, on August 7th, which is now $299. How did you compare what they were when they first went on sale to what they are now? I don't remember passes being $319 either, I think they highest were $299. So most days that are now $319, if I remember correctly started out at $299.

A good portion of the dates in mid to late October that weren't Killer Deal Nights had RIP at $319 when the website first opened.

Reactions: Presto95
A good portion of the dates in mid to late October that weren't Killer Deal Nights had RIP at $319 when the website first opened.

Cool, I didn't remember many dates being $319. Does anyone know when they raised their prices? Because it looks like they definitely did again. I think last year, it was maybe a week or so after tickets went on sale. Which is why I didn't wait too long this time around, as it ended up costing a good amount of money for the group I went with last year.

Cool, I didn't remember many dates being $319. Does anyone know when they raised their prices? Because it looks like they definitely did again. I think last year, it was maybe a week or so after tickets went on sale. Which is why I didn't wait too long this time around, as it ended up costing a good amount of money for the group I went with last year.

The price raises, and will continue to raise, each week, around the beginning of the week, that gets closer to opening night, as well as other nights. It's how they can get more money out of people.

Reactions: javierm27
So which mazes do you guys think would have the longest line? I honestly think blumhouse and Shining would be longest out of the the maze lineup

So which mazes do you guys think would have the longest line? I honestly think blumhouse and Shining would be longest out of the the maze lineup

Kind of a lame answer, but all 7 mazes will attract a large amount of guest attention. I think the one thing many of us here tend to forget is that to the vast majority of HHN guests (at least 90%) who aren't monitoring behind the scenes stuff like us, this lineup is gonna be really solid for them, even though a lot of us aren't too thrilled to see returning IPs. The Shining and Blumhouse mashup are the "new kids in town", so they have that going for them. Titans of Terror and Saw have been really popular at the event because of their iconic characters. Finally, AHS, Ash vs Evil Dead and Insidious have a currently highly active and devoted fan-base so those 3 will definitely bring in a lot of fans to check them out.

Based on people flow and popularity of IPs, I'm sure these will be the most to least crowded mazes...
1 - AHS (most popular IP on backlot)
2 - Shining (this and Insidious could swap, depending on word of mouth; I'm betting on this being a hit though and with Stephen King big right now, this will be like last year's Exorcist)
3 - Titans of Terror (basically in a spot on the upper lot that'll have it jammed all night with lines -- one of the first people see, big IP recognition that's advertised well, a name that's not confusing, and should test well with word of mouth; that big line will also spike once Terror Tram is closed and get even bigger -- this might be the one maze you have to wait for no matter how good your game plan is)
4 - Insidious (still a pretty big name in horror but it's been done twice; if the maze is good, and gets word of mouth, this could beat Shining)
5 - Blumhouse - I predict a steady-flow, most people will be turned off by the name and lack of recognition as to what it has to do with the IPs -- I suppose it'll depend on how it's advertised as well)
6 - The Walking Dead (still ever so popular and located near the front, will have crazy wait times randomly)
7 - Saw (not in it's prime, and the maze will have some nostalgic fans and newbies who didn't see it in 09-10, but just like the new movie, this will be generally be a flop)
8 - Ash vs. Evil Dead (the Krampus and Crimson Peak of the year -- conveniently located in the same burial ground, too -- nobody knows what the hell it is, so people will stay away from it or put it at low priority)

I really want to get insulted by Chucky if they ever bring that back. The only time I've ever been insulted at HHN was when the Purge leader in 2013 called me a Korean and asked about my melons or something like that (I can't really remember) and called my dad stupid. That was a good laugh. :lol:

(wow that sounded less harsh in my head).

My favorite moment with the Polite stranger at HHN '13 was this group of frat guys and sorority sisters who looked to be from UCLA. Three of the purgers with chainsaws got one of the girls really well and her scream could be heard from the other side of the scare zone. One of the guys looked pissed and said "Cut it out" to them. The polite stranger announces on his microphone, "Sir, don't be upset that my men do a better job of making your lady friend scream louder than you ever can." Everyone was like "OOOHHHH" and he looked embarrassed. Sadly we can't have that kind of roasting at the event this year :/

which maze do you guys think is gonna get announced and would we ever get an alien themed scarezone like Orlando?

It can be either really, both have plausibility to be announced in a few days. As for the alien scare zone, whatever John wants to do in the future.