Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion | Page 167 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Look.... I am a hardcore Game of Thrones fan. Like cosplayer, own too much merch, tried to learn Dothraki one summer because why not, camp out for the Comic Con exhibit every year, etc.

I really don't care to see it at HHN.

Agreed. It's a fantasy epic that happens to have some horror elements. I'd rather have them do what @Legacy said and just take inspiration with snow zombies.

I'd love a GoT house. It wont happen but It would totally work. An amped up Dracula Untold esk house with snow elements and puppets.

I pitched this on here (OU) last year and titled it Game of Thrones: Beyond the Wall. Didn't get a response.

Now a snow zombies house sounds super exciting. ;)

I am curious how many of the various films from Insidious, Sinister and The Purge are going to show up in the mashup. I'm guessing all of the four Insidious chapters. Hopefully very little Purge.
From the Blumhouse thread
Two rooms for Sinister
Two rooms for Purge
One room each for Insidious 1 through 3
Two rooms for Insidious Chapter 4.

Reactions: Porkchop and HHNSK
Saws N Steams & Catacombs are the two houses I wish I could go to or see; they sound amazing and I wish I knew more about them. Anyways, you would think with such large teenage/college crowds at the event they'd try to market something more out there like a video game; hell if Alice Cooper happened I don't see why Last of Us shouldn't, but I understand the reasons why
IMHO- AC was not a good house, but the other you mentioned were!

The Publix standee is up at my store! It only features AHS and The Shining, so no leaks would have been possible.

@Legacy I was actually thinking about your TV show list in Publix. I'm curious why you think Preacher isn't niche like Twin Peaks.

So sense it's released can we talk why Ouiga was replaced with purge? Just curious
Don't know. Could have been at the request of Blumhouse. Could have been at the request of Hasbro.
@Legacy I was actually thinking about your TV show list in Publix. I'm curious why you think Preacher isn't niche like Twin Peaks.
Preacher averages about 300K more viewers a week than Twin Peaks, and more than double of the 18-49 demographic.

I'll admit, both are small market shows. Neither would serve as major "draws" for the event. I'll also admit I've attempted to watch both and neither stuck with me. But (aside from ratings), Preacher is a more traditional narrative story while Twin Peaks is basically Lynch-ian insanity. It's literally the difference between Phantasm and Eraserhead. They're both bizarre and tiny, but at least one is accessible to the average consumer.

Reactions: ThemeParks4Life
Don't know. Could have been at the request of Blumhouse. Could have been at the request of Hasbro.

Preacher averages about 300K more viewers a week than Twin Peaks, and more than double of the 18-49 demographic.

I'll admit, both are small market shows. Neither would serve as major "draws" for the event. I'll also admit I've attempted to watch both and neither stuck with me. But (aside from ratings), Preacher is a more traditional narrative story while Twin Peaks is basically Lynch-ian insanity. It's literally the difference between Phantasm and Eraserhead. They're both bizarre and tiny, but at least one is accessible to the average consumer.
I know Twin Peaks' audience is heavily reliant on streaming, so I'm curious what the DVR/streaming ratings of Preacher are by comparison. I think the pure insanity of it translates well to a house as there are some really messed up visuals that would be awesome to see unfold in person.

I know Twin Peaks' audience is heavily reliant on streaming, so I'm curious what the DVR/streaming ratings of Preacher are by comparison. I think the pure insanity of it translates well to a house as there are some really messed up visuals that would be awesome to see unfold in person.
Disorientorium was pure insanity and messed up visuals and that house was bad.

I say this, acknowledging Twin Peaks probably has a shot for the same reason video games likely won't: relevance to the decision makers.

Disorientorium was pure insanity and messed up visuals and that house was bad.

I say this, acknowledging Twin Peaks probably has a shot for the same reason video games likely won't: relevance to the decision makers.

Quoted to emphasize it is the ones with the power that will use what they know and experience to decide what they THINK the public will buy tickets for

Well they also did Ouija but Hasbro owned that and we see how that went.
This touches on something else with Blumhouse. It's entirely possible Jordan Peele and M. Night Shamalamamoomoo, as the writers, directors, and creators, have more ownership of the way Get Out and Split are used outside the film. That may be why those films weren't used. You also have to deal with likeness rights for fairly notable actors.

I just don't think there's enough content for a Get Out house. It'd be more like a tour of some random Martha Stewart set in the Hamptons than a haunted house.
I don't think it would support a house by itself either. And, honestly, the only scene that would work independently is the chair and the television.

Reactions: Grits0808