Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

DLP denies small boy access to "Princess for a day" experience

Dec 16, 2015
Surrey, England
A three-year-old boy was told he couldn't take part in a 'princess for a day' experience at Disneyland Paris - because he's not a girl.

Noah was "buzzing with excitement" when he learned the theme park offered the opportunity to dress up as princesses, including his favourite character Elsa from Frozen.

But the excitement was short-lived when the park told his mum boys could not join in.

Noah's mother Hayley McLean-Glass, said she was devastated when she tried to make a booking only to receive an email saying "at this time it is not possible to book princess for a day for a boy".

They should rightly get flack over that. At that age boys things and girls things shouldn't even come into it.

http://www.itv.com/news/2017-08-30/...ncess-for-a-day-experience-because-hes-a-boy/

I wouldn't expect my two daughters to be kings for a day either. You know- because, duh, girls can't be kings. Just like boys can't be princesses. 3 or not, the whole thing is dumb. Equally as dumb is the outrage.

The mom was "devastated" :rolleyes:

First. World. Problems.

Last edited:
I wouldn't expect my two daughters to be kings for a day either. You know- because, duh, girls can't be kings. Just like boys can't be princesses. 3 or not, the whole thing is dumb. Equally as dumb is the outrage.

The mom was "devastated" :rolleyes:

First. World. Problems.

More so does it matter that he would never be a princess? No. Its the fact it would be something that would make the kid happy for a day which I think my future child happiness would matter way more than semantics of royalty. I don't blame the mom for being upset as I would be to. Secondly you naturally assumed this child is gender conforming which he may not be. Denouncing and not allowing those kids to participate in events like these have caused them to hurt themselves for not feeling good or normal.

More so does it matter that he would never be a princess? No. Its the fact it would be something that would make the kid happy for a day which I think my future child happiness would matter way more than semantics of royalty. I don't blame the mom for being upset as I would be to. Secondly you naturally assumed this child is gender conforming which he may not be. Denouncing and not allowing those kids to participate in events like these have caused them to hurt themselves for not feeling good or normal.
A three year old is going to hurt himself for not being allowed to participate? You're actually being serious? Keep this in mind the next time you're watching kids get pulled out of the Audience to dance at lion king. Then pay attention to the other toddlers who are committing mass suicide.

I'm not even going to get into the "gender conforming" comment- we simply won't ever agree on that front.

As for your future child's happiness, you simply say "sorry Noah, it's just for Girls." Then, your future kid will ask for goldfish, give them to him. He's now happy. Or- you can make a blog and be devastated. Again :rolleyes:

A male(which means he has a penis) can't be a princess. He could be a gay prince. But then again, how does a 3 year old know whether they like boys or girls. This whole gender nonconfomring below the age of 13 is ridiculous.

Last edited:
A three year old is going to hurt himself for not being allowed to participate? You're actually being serious? Keep this in mind the next time you're watching kids get pulled out of the Audience to dance at lion king. Then pay attention to the other toddlers who are committing mass suicide.

I'm not even going to get into the "gender conforming" comment- we simply won't ever agree on that front.

As for your future child's happiness, you simply say "sorry Noah, it's just for Girls." Then, your future kid will ask for goldfish, give them to him. He's now happy. Or- you can make a blog and be devastated. Again :rolleyes:

There are multiple stories of young genderfluid children hurting themselves due to parents and people around them judging them/etc for being who they are.

Or let him/her explore who they want to be and let he enjoy life instead of telling him what he can and can't do. Society will judge my kid enough, I don't need to be someone blocking him/her. There was a time women in this country couldn't wear pants due to pants being mens wear. If my sons wants to wear a dress, I have no care in the world. There are bigger issues to worry about. Secondly nothing is boy/girl. Its unnecessary to reinforce gender roles because they have no basis in this world anymore.

There are multiple stories of young genderfluid children hurting themselves due to parents and people around them judging them/etc for being who they are.

Or let him/her explore who they want to be and let he enjoy life instead of telling him what he can and can't do. Society will judge my kid enough, I don't need to be someone blocking him/her. There was a time women in this country couldn't wear pants due to pants being mens wear. If my sons wants to wear a dress, I have no care in the world. There are bigger issues to worry about. Secondly nothing is boy/girl. Its unnecessary to reinforce gender roles because they have no basis in this world anymore.

Oh the irony and hypocrisy."it's unnecessary to reinforce gender roles because they have no basis in this world anymore" says the person who went ahead and threw the words "gender conformatity" and "gender fluidity" into the argument based on the fact the boy was wearing a dress. You reinforced that gender stereotype, all by yourself.

Secondly, Disney isn't taunting this kid. They aren't all pointing and laughing. The kid is completely and utterly unaffected by their decision- mentally, physically and sociologically. That is, until you bring it to his attention and blow it out of proportion. As I said before- telling a three year old boy that he can't do something because it's only for girls isn't going to ruin his life.
Stop exaggerating to prove some grander social point.

The story has been updated with a response from DLP. Basically the cast member that told them this was wrong.
Which is fine. I'd happily take their money too. It's this "devastating" language and outrage that is the ridiculous part. The kid, again, is three.
It's no different than when I'm reading Volcano Bay reviews on TripAdvisor and I hear about their child be "devastated" that it was at capacity and they weren't allowed in. Does it suck? Sure. Shrug and move on. And people wonder why the "snowflake" term gets tossed around so much nowadays. Everyone believes they are so damned important, precious and delicate.

Last edited:
The story has been updated with a response from DLP. Basically the cast member that told them this was wrong.
Id assumed this was the case.

The CMs @ DLP do seem to 'do what they feel' on occasion.

They enjoy getting drunk with guests at Billy Bob's in the Village too!