Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion | Page 172 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
c3tpqo0.png

Based on past years? Any ideas on what times all the houses will open? Also what time do they let the general population in the park lol .

Based on past years? Any ideas on what times all the houses will open? Also what time do they let the general population in the park lol .
Typically (excluding the Annual Passholder early entry event nights):

2 houses will open as early as 5:45pm for the Stay & Scream people, 3 or 4 houses will open at 6:00pm and the remaining 3 or 4 houses will open at 6:30pm. As always, this is subject to change.

Hi everyone, first time poster here, used to be a member on OI when they had a forum and found this one while researching our upcoming trip to Universal and Disney for early November. Have to say I love the energy on here, really nice forum you all have made here.

Looking like Finnegans stay and scream will be my choice

Just curious, why Finnegans? If not for the ability to stay at a comfortable place, just curious what you're thinking is on this.

Finnegans/Diagon Alley/Duff Gardens and Hello Kitty.

Finnegans is my favorite but you have to get there early if you want food/table

Based on the already expected insane wait times for AHS and The Shining, as much as I hate to stay there, I'm thinking hello kitty is going to be the best spot to knock out those two houses if they will open them for the S&S crowd. I would prefer literally any other S&S zone, but I've only got one night to see everything and I think that might be the place to stay.

What are everyone's thoughts/speculation on which S&S zone will open to which houses?

Just curious, why Finnegans? If not for the ability to stay at a comfortable place, just curious what you're thinking is on this.

A/c (and ready availability of booze) is a huge plus, but also allows you to knock out the back two soundstage houses fast then hit the back half of the park before major waits build up. Yes, this plan means sacrificing AHS and probably Shining as well, at least without 2.5 hour waits.

What are everyone's thoughts/speculation on which S&S zone will open to which houses?

Speculation, assuming no new holding areas ... HK = AHS. Finns = Fallen. Springfield = Hive/Scarecrow (or maybe just one, but I think both).

Reactions: Suprachica79
I realize HHN fans are not the general population, but with the mostly meh reaction to Blumhouse and Ash here and on Twitter, the event feels even more heavily weighted to the front soundstages than ever before. Throw in the selfie zone up there, it's going to be a cluster.

Absolutely agree seventyone. Between the location, popularity of the IPs, and the lack of excitement for blumhouse (not me, I'm super psyched for it) and AvED (let's face it, not the biggest IP in the world) I think that area will be mobbed. If you don't want to wait in a 3-hour line; it has to be first stop or last stop at the end of the night.

All speculation of course but the first week or two of the event will give us every indication of how to handle that area and I think all signs point to knock it out first.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Hi everyone, first time poster here, used to be a member on OI when they had a forum and found this one while researching our upcoming trip to Universal and Disney for early November. Have to say I love the energy on here, really nice forum you all have made here.

Based on the already expected insane wait times for AHS and The Shining, as much as I hate to stay there, I'm thinking hello kitty is going to be the best spot to knock out those two houses if they will open them for the S&S crowd. I would prefer literally any other S&S zone, but I've only got one night to see everything and I think that might be the place to stay.

Welcome!!

Finnegan's is usually the best spot for several reasons.
1. Drinks.
2. A bigger "holding pen" so it doesn't feel as clustered, and it's close to the marquee names.
3. You can knock out 3-4 soundstage houses at the beginning of the event, sometimes within 30 min, and get a good head start for the rest of the night.

As far as S&S and houses - the Springfield pen is now kind of a question mark since they moved another entrance to MIB. If we base it on year's past, it would be Evil Dead, Scarecrow, and Hive.

Diagon Alley is good for some AC and Potter, but it would just take you to Blumhouse. Once done, your stuck until they "open" up the rest of the event.

Hello Kitty is good if AHS is your must-do, but it gets plenty crowded.

Finnegan's will hit Dead Waters and Fallen, and eventually the other 2 front SS.

Welcome!!

Finnegan's is usually the best spot for several reasons.
1. Drinks.
2. A bigger "holding pen" so it doesn't feel as clustered, and it's close to the marquee names.
3. You can knock out 3-4 soundstage houses at the beginning of the event, sometimes within 30 min, and get a good head start for the rest of the night.

As far as S&S and houses - the Springfield pen is now kind of a question mark since they moved another entrance to MIB. If we base it on year's past, it would be Evil Dead, Scarecrow, and Hive.

Diagon Alley is good for some AC and Potter, but it would just take you to Blumhouse. Once done, your stuck until they "open" up the rest of the event.

Hello Kitty is good if AHS is your must-do, but it gets plenty crowded.

Finnegan's will hit Dead Waters and Fallen, and eventually the other 2 front SS.

I'd much prefer to stay at finnegans, it's actually the only S&S I haven't stayed at yet. At HHN25 we stayed in DA one night and HK the other. HK absolutely sucks, but AHS is a definite must for me as I missed out last year and it's one of my favorite shows. I'm just hoping that Nov 3 will be as dead as some people are projecting so we can reasonably see all the houses without express.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Summary of the original houses from the article:

Dead Waters - a bizarre New Orleans realm overrun by the Voodoo Queen and her voodoo doll disciples

Scarecrow: The Reaping - an abandoned, drought-ravaged farm haunted by ornery scarecrows

The Hive - vampire-themed, skewers more to the ferocious Nosferatu take on the monster than the classic, more suave Bela Lugosi version

The Fallen - will take place in an ornate cathedral and pit eternal winged creatures against mortals.
To me these are so much more interesting than anything they have announced yet.

Reactions: anihilnation
Yeah I want to hit Dead Waters and Fallen multiple times so doing finnegans gives me that chance. AHs means nothing to me so a one timer with my express is all I need.

Reactions: Octobers Fade