Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion | Page 173 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Sooo... I've been catching up on Hurricane Irma and it seems like there's a pretty big chance it's gonna hit us the week of the 15th. If its as bad as Harvey, I wonder if HHN will even happen this year. Crossing my fingers it turns and misses us.

ADMIN NOTE:
I'm amending this post so no one starts to get assume the worst too early. With the recent tragedy and impact of Harvey in Texas, I know a lot of people are worried about future storms and their impact. At this time, Irma is too far away to gauge exactly what effects it will have on the US, let alone Orlando and the event.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Porkchop
I know it's not the in thing to say but I'm a huge AHS fan. So, last year Hello Kitty was a no brainer. It is a terrible place to wait but if you want to hit AHS and don't like 2 hour + waits you need to be close.

I have FF Plus + Express. I will hit AHS at the start, around 10-11 with FP and then again at close if the line has subsided. I like it that much.

Re Irma. It's a long way off. It is an extremely powerful storm right now and if it were to stay on course it will wreak havoc all across FLA. Having said that it's way too early to know what it will do. It could dissipate dependimg on weather patterns and could go anywhere from the gulf coast to fla, and anywhere up the eastern coastline. Give it another week and we will know more. Hopefully it dissipates and takes a hard right out into the Atlantic.

Sooo... I've been catching up on Hurricane Irma and it seems like there's a pretty big chance it's gonna hit us the week of the 15th. If its as bad as Harvey, I wonder if HHN will even happen this year. Crossing my fingers it turns and misses us.

I wouldn't start worrying about that at all yet. They're not going to have any idea where it'll make landfall until Tues/Wed of next week. These are the latest projection models from this afternoon showing where it might be by next Thursday.

0ngCDSn.png

I wouldn't start worrying about that at all yet. They're not going to have any idea where it'll make landfall until Tues/Wed of next week. These are the latest projection models from this afternoon showing where it might be by next Thursday.

0ngCDSn.png

In addition to this I would add, Houston is much closer to the coast than Orlando.

What shuts down cities for prolonged periods is flooding.

The weather annomaly that kept Harvey literally hovering over the Gulf Coast is unlikely to repeat itself in a 30 day time frame.

So rest easy. It's not to say weather won't impact the event but it's highly doubtful it would actually shut it down.

.... and if for some awful reason it does, HHN will be the least of our worries.

With the recent tragedy and impact of Harvey in Texas, I know a lot of people are worried about future storms and their impact. At this time, Irma is too far away to gauge exactly what effects it will have on the US, let alone Orlando and the event.

In addition to this I would add, Houston is much closer to the coast than Orlando.

What shuts down cities for prolonged periods is flooding.

The weather annomaly that kept Harvey literally hovering over the Gulf Coast is unlikely to repeat itself in a 30 day time frame.

So rest easy. It's not to say weather won't impact the event but it's highly doubtful it would actually shut it down.

.... and if for some awful reason it does, HHN will be the least of our worries.

The key here is "prolonged". We went the Sunday after the hurricane hit last year, and you could barely even tell anything was different. The only reason I saw a few things off was because I'm obsessive. My wife didn't notice anything.

Reactions: HHNSK and EllTee
Anyone remember the Hurricane that destroyed the crops for the scarezone Field of Screams in 2004 a few weeks before the event? Super bummer, hopefully Irma doesn't affect the event.

FALLEN is using the FALLON queue.
I'll show myself out.
Classic. :)

Last edited:
Not to mention, Florida is generally better prepared for such storms because of the frequency.

I don't think we really have dams or levys to really worry about either.
As a former Houstonian Orlando and Houston to me are very similar in many ways. Both are about the same distance inland, low areas will flood, both are accustomed to hurricanes regularly, wind damage will be minimal due to the storm weakening by the time it gets inland. I'm not worried about it impacting HHN, worst case scenario is a hurricane could cancel a weekend similar to last year.

Reactions: HHNSK
Last year we did Finnegans s&s mid October on a Friday and Saturday night. The houses opened early both nights and we hit all sound stages with no lines. Exorcist-AHS-GT-tWD in that order then booked it to Shrek-Parade-and the tents. Waited in a couple lines but they were less than 30 except chance(45). Then we just walked around and enjoyed the SZ and shows until lines were short enough to do another maze or 2

That's gonna be my attack plan this year so hopefully it works again.

Last year we did Finnegans s&s mid October on a Friday and Saturday night. The houses opened early both nights and we hit all sound stages with no lines. Exorcist-AHS-GT-tWD in that order then booked it to Shrek-Parade-and the tents. Waited in a couple lines but they were less than 30 except chance(45). Then we just walked around and enjoyed the SZ and shows until lines were short enough to do another maze or 2

If it's possibly to get AHS done without a massive wait by staying st finnegans then that will surely be our game plan. I just thought by the time we get through the second house by finnegans that the lines for AHS and The Shining would be astronomical. I'm shocked you were able to do them with no wait whatsoever.

Reactions: Gruff

I know the instructions are out there - but how does this work? Just get into Finnegans before normal park closes, and hang out till HHN? They check your ticket and all that there?

I know the instructions are out there - but how does this work? Just get into Finnegans before normal park closes, and hang out till HHN? They check your ticket and all that there?

I've never stayed in finnegans for S&S but if it's the same as the other scare zones then yes. You want to be in there by probably 4:30ish and then sometime after 5 they start checking your HHN tickets and give you a wrist band of some sort. You'd be surprised how long it takes them to get all the regular guests out.

I've never stayed in finnegans for S&S but if it's the same as the other scare zones then yes. You want to be in there by probably 4:30ish and then sometime after 5 they start checking your HHN tickets and give you a wrist band of some sort. You'd be surprised how long it takes them to get all the regular guests out.
Dumb question sorry - Do they sell beer/food during this in between time?

IMG_0921.JPG
Every year is different re crowds and wait times, but I wouldn't count on doing AHS w/o a wait unless you are in Hello Kitty. On several nights last year we were amongst the first through AHS only to see massive lines by the time we cleared! This line - for AHS didn't take long to form.

Dumb question sorry - Do they sell beer/food during this in between time?

No question is a dumb question :) if you are lucky enough that to get there early enough you might find a table to sit down and actually eat a meal. If not, you might be able to get to the bar to order a drink but from what I hear it gets pretty swamped.

View attachment 5281
Every year is different re crowds and wait times, but I wouldn't count on doing AHS w/o a wait unless you are in Hello Kitty. On several nights last year we were amongst the first through AHS only to see massive lines by the time we cleared! This line - for AHS didn't take long to form.

Yea. That was more the crowd I was expecting, like I said I was shocked when he said he got through 4 houses with no wait at all, particularly that house second.

Reactions: Porkchop
No question is a dumb question :) if you are lucky enough that to get there early enough you might find a table to sit down and actually eat a meal. If not, you might be able to get to the bar to order a drink but from what I hear it gets pretty swamped.

Super! Thanks

Super! Thanks
Last year they were taking out the barstools at the bar during S&S which helped make it easier for people to get through to order drinks,etc. They also were sitting people at the same table that didn't know each other if there was open seats as well. We always get there super early and request a two seater so we have our own and we're able to get a table but it definitely fills up very quickly as people get scanned inside the holding area!