Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion | Page 174 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 27 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Also you can wait outside of Finnegans, the brick road area. They have a beer cart there also. I belive there more guests outside of Finnegans than inside
Yeah surely more guests outside than in. But you can't beat the atmosphere and excitement inside Fin's imo. It's awesome. +a/c. Although I really enjoy Simpsons and sitting inside at the bar there smashing a few duff beers before hitting the tents too.

Just playing devil's advocate, but regarding crowds, I don't understand why they always seem to put some of the most popular houses right next to each other? I feel like AHS and Shining are going to be the most popular this year and they are right next to each other... by the entrance .... I would think they would want to put a hot IP maybe in D or back by MIB to move the people around.

Just playing devil's advocate, but regarding crowds, I don't understand why they always seem to put some of the most popular houses right next to each other? I feel like AHS and Shining are going to be the most popular this year and they are right next to each other... by the entrance .... I would think they would want to put a hot IP maybe in D or back by MIB to move the people around.

I'm wondering if it isn't just a product of the size of those sound stages? I think they want to have their headliners by the entrance and ma Be those are also the biggest sound stages to provide the most space for those IPs. I do think it's a bad a idea to have such crowd-drawing houses right smack in th front of the event because it just makes everything up there so congested, but they must do it for a reason...

Conjuring was supposed to be in one of the tents and that would have helped spread crowds. Losing that IP definitely hurts crowd control.

Last edited:

Depends on the maze settings. If it's compact like a house or tunnels you put them in a tent. If the maze requires tall or large scenes, they are put in sound stages. I also think the current AHS maze location is fine as it probably has the largest queue capacity for all HHN maze locations.

Last edited:
Re: Finns S&S

If you're set on eating at Finns and walking out aim for a late lunch and make reservations if possible. Looking at some dates in late September and they either are out of reservations or not accepting them after 1pm. Best bet is to put your name in around 3pm and say you're there for S&S. Youll be sat in about an hour. TMs come around to the area and wrist band everyone prior to the close of the park.

I personally think Kitty and Simpsons are the smarter plays for touring but that's just me.

I'm a Simpsons S&S regular and was planning the same for this year, but the map is throwing me a bit with the shift from two attraction entrances in KZ to just one. Can someone remind me if they officially announce what houses will be open for S&S? Or is it just word of mouth? If Simpsons ends up only getting early entrance to AvED, I might need to reconsider.

I'm a Simpsons S&S regular and was planning the same for this year, but the map is throwing me a bit with the shift from two attraction entrances in KZ to just one. Can someone remind me if they officially announce what houses will be open for S&S? Or is it just word of mouth? If Simpsons ends up only getting early entrance to AvED, I might need to reconsider.
Simpsons usually opens for both the kidzone area and MIB area. I remember last year seemed like more people ended up exiting toward MIB rather than kidzone. I assume that will be to a greater extent this year, especially if the MIB entrance houses exit into kidzone. That by the way to me would make sense as to why they moved the other entrance to MIB, two entrances pulling guests away from that area.

Simpsons usually opens for both the kidzone area and MIB area. I remember last year seemed like more people ended up exiting toward MIB rather than kidzone. I assume that will be to a greater extent this year, especially if the MIB entrance houses exit into kidzone. That by the way to me would make sense as to why they moved the other entrance to MIB, two entrances pulling guests away from that area.
Yeah last year they were opening up TCM first so everyone was going that way first when the holding area released but then H2 shortly thereafter and then tomb. I'm speculating it will be similar this year with either Hive or Scarecrow first then AvED then finally the other Sprung that didn't open first. Moving the entrances this year will throw a wrench in my usual plan but I still expect to be able to knock all three of these out relatively quickly even factoring in the extra walk from KZ back to MIB.

Last edited:
Reactions: SeventyOne
If you're set on eating at Finns and walking out aim for a late lunch and make reservations if possible. Looking at some dates in late September and they either are out of reservations or not accepting them after 1pm. Best bet is to put your name in around 3pm and say you're there for S&S. Youll be sat in about an hour. TMs come around to the area and wrist band everyone prior to the close of the park.

Said it in the other thread, but you're not getting the best Finns experience if you sit and eat during S&S. It's too packed to let the servers maneuver effectively, and the kitchen is just slammed. And then if you don't ask for your check by like 5:20, you're not going to be able to take advantage of the early opening anyway. I say this because I see bad reviews every year that I don't think are typical, and it's usually because someone sat down at 4:30.

I personally think Kitty and Simpsons are the smarter plays for touring but that's just me.

If your night will be absolutely ruined if you don't see AHS, Kitty is your only choice.

Given the lack of weenies among the back houses this year, and the fact that soundstages work better in the daylight than tents, I don't see any strategic advantage to Simpsons. Tho it is easily the most chill of the three S&S areas (man I miss being able to enjoy a beer in Knockturn Alley while I waited).

Typically (excluding the Annual Passholder early entry event nights):

2 houses will open as early as 5:45pm for the Stay & Scream people, 3 or 4 houses will open at 6:00pm and the remaining 3 or 4 houses will open at 6:30pm. As always, this is subject to change.

How late can you enter a Stay & Scream area? If I'm in the park and it closes at 5pm, can I just enter a S&S after that or do I have to show up earlier? (not looking to get food or drinks)

If your in the park they will come to you, asking if you are staying for HHN and direct you to a s&s area. I have seen the line to get in to Finns s&s so long that they would be letting out before you can even get in.

Said it in the other thread, but you're not getting the best Finns experience if you sit and eat during S&S. It's too packed to let the servers maneuver effectively, and the kitchen is just slammed. And then if you don't ask for your check by like 5:20, you're not going to be able to take advantage of the early opening anyway. I say this because I see bad reviews every year that I don't think are typical, and it's usually because someone sat down at 4:30.

If your night will be absolutely ruined if you don't see AHS, Kitty is your only choice.

Given the lack of weenies among the back houses this year, and the fact that soundstages work better in the daylight than tents, I don't see any strategic advantage to Simpsons. Tho it is easily the most chill of the three S&S areas (man I miss being able to enjoy a beer in Knockturn Alley while I waited).

Great point, I was assuming the poster asking was dead set on Finns at that time. If not then go for lunch and crash around that area till S&S opens.

Or do Finns for dinner!

(Now I want Finns)

How late can you enter a Stay & Scream area? If I'm in the park and it closes at 5pm, can I just enter a S&S after that or do I have to show up earlier? (not looking to get food or drinks)
I usually make sure to be walking through the park gates no later than 4:30 pm (if I'm not already there). Usually by that time they are setting up roped-off S&S holding areas (speaking only from Simpsons experience, this is usually the area lining the street on the Duff Garden side). You need your HHN ticket to get into the holding area, as they'll have one or two people at the entrance with scanners.

They suspended reservations last year after 4 pm (or thereabouts). But I never had trouble getting in. Smaller parties are asked to share tables.

If you're in the park, you're fine. They'll push you in as they clear. But I've seen the front gate close as early as like 4:52. I would be sure to be inside the park no later than 4:45.

So, the school bus has been placed in New York for The Purge scarezone. Meanwhile, over in Central Park there's a certain IP that featured a school bus prominently in the film. Not sure I understand the reasoning behind that choice. They could have placed the bus down closer to the Animal Actors Plaza as to avoid the cluster than is now near the AoV show.

If you're in the park, you're fine. They'll push you in as they clear. But I've seen the front gate close as early as like 4:52. I would be sure to be inside the park no later than 4:45.
They're supposed to let you in up until 5. I've gotten in one minute before. But, yeah I really don't like cutting it close like that.