Hurricane Irma | Page 24 | Inside Universal Forums

Hurricane Irma

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
No idea. It was two big mechanical things on the monorail. I'm guessing one repaired and one towed/pushed but I don't know for sure.
They have 3 work tractors and I think a couple of trailers that can be pulled by them. I would guess they parked as much in there as they could.

Posted this over on magic too.

I went ahead and decided to use the walking path to MK to see the damage. Saw no one on my walk. No one there. No grounds clean up. No security. Just me.

Damage not bad. Just limbs and bulbs- maybe 6 globes broken.
Walking path to MK
IMG_4150.jpg

IMG_4151.jpg

IMG_4152.jpg
IMG_4154.jpg
IMG_4155.jpg
IMG_4156.jpg

IMG_4157.jpg
IMG_4158.jpg
IMG_4160.jpg
IMG_4161.jpg

These are the lights that were wrapped (fans are too). Only 1/5 or so of the bulbs had this on them. Guessing they ran out?
IMG_4162.jpg

I took these about 10-15 mins ago. I forgot to take video so just went back and took some. Someone on a golf cart went inside. Entrances and gates are now open.

Just heard from my son, a DCP staying in Chatham Square. He said as of this morning they are still being told to stay in their compounds. I expect they want to do a damage assessment and make sure there are no trees or power lines down that would impact them.
Fortunately, he said they never lost power there.

Reactions: s8film40 and Jon84
Just heard from my son, a DCP staying in Chatham Square. He said as of this morning they are still being told to stay in their compounds. I expect they want to do a damage assessment and make sure there are no trees or power lines down that would impact them.
Fortunately, he said they never lost power there.
I believe there's also a curfew in place in Orange County. I lived in the apartments across from Chatham in 2004, lost power for a couple days. Good to hear they have power. It's pretty miserable when the sun comes back out and there's no AC.

I believe there's also a curfew in place in Orange County. I lived in the apartments across from Chatham in 2004, lost power for a couple days. Good to hear they have power. It's pretty miserable when the sun comes back out and there's no AC.
Curfew is until 6PM in Orange and Osceola.

Reactions: s8film40
These are the lights that were wrapped (fans are too). Only 1/5 or so of the bulbs had this on them. Guessing they ran out?
I have an interesting story about those globes. In 2004 engineering kind of dropped the ball with taking care of those. They were supposed to wrap them like shown there, but never did anything. The monorail intern manager who was overseeing the MK station prior to the storms arrival removed them all so that they wouldn't break loose during the storm. As it turns out this was what the operating guidelines actually said to do in the event engineering didn't take care of them. After the storm the engineering manager was furious because they had to go get the globes and put them all back on. In the end even though the monorail manager did the right thing his career was pretty much over. They took away all his responsibilities until his internship ran out and had no further positions for him. It was sad because he was actually really good. Anyway, long story but this reminded me of that.

So, I think everyone is accounted for except joecamel...

Was just thinking about him as I saw Bradenton on the news, sure he d he was from there. Hope alls OK Joe, drop us a line if and when you can.

Glad to hear everyone else weathered the storm and I hope the aftermath isn't to bad for ya'll.

Blog Mickey has a lot of updates of the resorts... looks like it's mostly tree damage. Still a lot of cleanup ahead.

Reactions: Teebin
I hope everyone is safe and good luck on the cleanup (I know my family stateside is 100% safe and checking our properties now). Our flight back from Italy this morning got canceled (obviously) but we are trying our best to get back ASAP and help with cleanup. Our flights are now on Wednesday morning, getting into Miami around 4pm. Our home (In Ft. Lauderdale) made it out ok, concrete construction so the tree that fell on it only did minor damage. No flooding in my home but my little brothers got a foot or so and he lives about 10 houses down from me. I spent the last few weeks helping him move in, he's not in the best of spirits but we're all safe and sound so nothing we can't get past. Our streets are mostly impassable, brother had to park and walk in. No power (my home automation notified it happened about 1am sunday morning), but my parents who live downtown have power so we'll be staying there until our's is restored. good luck to all and stay safe.

in leu of gifts/souvenirs, we're bringing back a few cases of fresh italian H20 and batteries.

will post pictures later