Dreamworks Theatre with Kung Fu Panda - Coming 2018 | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Dreamworks Theatre with Kung Fu Panda - Coming 2018

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I wished they so would have just demolished the building and not just do that over or the rethemeing of that building it's just horrible and would have made an attraction with both anamatronics and screens just like the Harry potter and the forbidden journey

Well for one.. they can't demolish the building because of Potter's 24 projector lightshow that is located on the roof. While in theory it would be great to demolish the building to fully revamp that area of the park & do it as a joint project with A.S.S., but that would mean the project would take even longer.

Honestly, I'm fine with them going the route of an upgraded 4D attraction strictly based on ALL of their Dreamworks properties that can be changed out every so often. USH lacks space, so we could never have a "Far Far Away" land like Singapore has or create a new land dedicated to multiple Dreamworks properties. Even a dark ride like you want wouldn't fit.

They're still going to gut the building (for the most part) & give it the upgrade it needs. The only real change I'd like to see is the extended queue behind the building get redone- whether enclosed or rethemed with plants/trees.

I wished they so would have just demolished the building and not just do that over or the rethemeing of that building it's just horrible and would have made an attraction with both anamatronics and screens just like the Harry potter and the forbidden journey

The problem with your comment is that Hollywood lacks the space other Universal parks have, seeing that Hollywood was the first Universal theme park that started out as a Studio Tour in 1964, with a full-out theme park being considered in the decades later on. They cannot expand anymore and they already have other projects being planned (such as Super Nintendo World). In the meantime, they have an actual working filming and production studio (Universal Pictures) adjacent to the theme park, not to mention the Studio Tour. A theater-like attraction dedicated to all Dreamworks Animation properties is the only just thing we need for Universal theme parks.

Reactions: Wesker69
I am now surprised that people are calling the Cartooniversal Project "A.S.S.", perhaps I am laughing because of that, but that it's hilarious.

Personally, it looks like it will use the same exit from before to me.

they could have expand the build to where the new A.S.s is being built and made a better experience
Actually they couldn't, the area between the two is for teammember backstage access. Also, the new A.S.S. is going to be a multi-purpose building, NOT just a giftshop & Hello Kitty meet-n-greet. There just wouldn't be enough space for the type of ride you're wanting. Also... again, they'd have to choose ONE IP & be stuck with it. This new attraction will open with Kung Fu Panda, then will eventually feature Madagascar, Trolls, How to Train Your Dragon, & even Shrek again. It also has the ability to feature many of the holiday short films (which just conveniently happen to be theme park attrack length in running time). This is the best possible solution for this location & the park's lack of space.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Actually they couldn't, the area between the two is for teammember backstage access. Also, the new A.S.S. is going to be a multi-purpose building, NOT just a giftshop & Hello Kitty meet-n-greet. There just wouldn't be enough space for the type of ride you're wanting. Also... again, they'd have to choose ONE IP & be stuck with it. This new attraction will open with Kung Fu Panda, then will eventually feature Madagascar, Trolls, How to Train Your Dragon, & even Shrek again. It also has the ability to feature many of the holiday short films (which just conveniently happen to be theme park attrack length in running time). This is the best possible solution for this location & the park's lack of space.

It will also feature a Dreamworks gift shop in conjunction with the Hello Kitty shop, so technically it will be the "gift shop" for the attraction, just not attached. Combined with the character M&Gs UP, it will create a pseudo DWA "mini-land".

If I had to guess, Donkey doesn't last but Fiona and Shrek become walkaround characters after the Dreamworks event runs it's course.
Donkey has been relocated to his previous location... posted a pic of the relocation the other day in the character thread I believe...

Anyway, forgot to post this the other day, BUT.... the SHREK 4D sign is gone!!!
r1gMr9w.jpg

Curious to see how quickly they move with the detheming of the exterior of the building. At least the part that is castle themed which is behind the construction walls. Curious to see how/when the NY facade will be dealt with.

Here are two pics from yesterday...

Sooo Shrek's "Enchanted Forest" is looking a little dead... Hard to tell if any trees were removed or not.
pXG46Qr.jpg

And as of yesterday, they were currently in progress of removing the castle facade. Wouldn't be surprised if the former castle exterior was "naked" by today...
qB5jcXb.jpg

Here are two pics from yesterday...

Sooo Shrek's "Enchanted Forest" is looking a little dead... Hard to tell if any trees were removed or not.
pXG46Qr.jpg

And as of yesterday, they were currently in progress of removing the castle facade. Wouldn't be surprised if the former castle exterior was "naked" by today...
qB5jcXb.jpg

I have to think, with the way the queue looked in the concept art; I have to think they'll take down all of the old trees and place new trees that are thicker and more able to block the facade of Dreamworks Theater. Just a thought, mind you; but that I see happening as a likely possibility.

Is it just KFP for the wall art? Or does it represent other Dreamworks IP's?
It is just strictly Kung-Fu Panda along the entire wall.

Slightly related, but not really... Puss in Boots now does photo-ops at Donkey's waffle cart like Srek & Fiona. I ran into King Julian over by Animal Actors. I'm guessing Alex the Lion & the penguins also meet-n-greet there too. No idea where Po, Tigress, or the trolls photo-op/meet-n-greet at yet.