HHN Hollywood General Discussion - 2017 | Page 168 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Hollywood General Discussion - 2017

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Just got back.

1. Shining (A+)
2. Titans of Terror (A+)
3. Insidious (A)
4. AHS (A)
5. Blumhouse (B+)
6. Saw (B-)
7. AVED (C-)

Terror Tram (B-)

Will go more in depth later.

Reactions: MacMillian Crew
Plenty of people seemed to be liking Ash. Some people despise it for the black walls (which there are alot in that maze, admittedly), but some also like it because Ash actually fights the deadites in it.

Alright so here are my top mazes before my thoughrough review:

1) Insidious B
2) AHS B-
3 Titans of Terror C +
4) The Shinning C-
5) Blumhouse C-
6) Ash D
7) Saw D-
8) Terror Tram F------

Not a good year.

Considering the fact Titans of Terror was 90% reused props from last year, I actually loved it, Twisty's bus and all.

But overall, yeah, not a great year. The scare zones are just embarrassing.
Just seeing Orlandos awesome scarezones compared to ours is utterly depressing. They get a giant crashed flying saucer and we get a cart of dummies wheeled into the event. WTH

Reactions: ItsAtrap and Teebin
The scare zones are just embarrassing.
what scarezones?.... yea.. i went there. and it was totally called for...

anyway, I'll post a review later in the morning before I go into work. Did run into both Chris Williams & Murdy... had to flip on the fanboy praising switch, but would've much rather gave them the truth lol. This year was "meh".

It’s pretty disheartening to hear some of the stuff about the event this year. I’m not going for another few more weeks, so I’m hoping a lot of these issues get sorted.

Reactions: HHNManics
IMO, this year was pretty good! Probably top 3 years, and better than most in the past. Favorite moment of the night was meeting John Murdy outside of Titans of Terror. Doing RIP brought back memories of previous years and enjoyed getting to do mazes 2-3 times since the 1st times for several of them were slow "congo lines", and the 2nd times my group was alone and got every scare. Terror Tram was okay, enjoyed it better than the previous 7 ones. Overall ranking:
1. The Horrors of Blumhouse
2. Titans of Terror
3. The Shining
4. American Horror Story
5. Insidious
6. Saw
7. Ash vs. Evil Dead

Scare zones:
1. Toxic Tunnel
2. Hell-O-Ween/Urban Inferno (honestly they were good, but I felt they were tied at the same level of intensity)

Last edited:
So after seeing the videos put up by the usual peeps, I gotta' say this looks like a off-year in more ways then one.

The amount of black walls/hallways/corners etc. throughout all the mazes, the sheer amount of "box" scares and lack of variety in other scares, the lack of finales in mazes. It's really dissapointing to be honest, and this is stuff you can't really "fix" because it was all built in that way. Add in the scare zones not packing much, and you got a weak year.

Remember when I told you guys that they’d be serving alcohol this year, but only at Duff Gardens, and you guys told me my source was 100% wrong and that it was not happening?
nope. i said IF it was true... it'd only be a 2 drink beer/wine limit like VIP..... not exactly something to brag about, let alone get hyped over either. Again, having beer/wine at the event was nothing new pre-2015, it was available for VIP.

IF they had sold a liquor-filled mixed drink, then it'd be something to rave about.

Reactions: ush.hacker
Remember when I told you guys that they’d be serving alcohol this year, but only at Duff Gardens, and you guys told me my source was 100% wrong and that it was not happening?

I actually didn't doubt you.

But yes, Alcohol is at the event; and that it is something that is going to be isolated for a reason.

What, are the drunks more ornery in CA than in FL? I just don't understand the policy... it seems a silly difference... $$$!

I believe it was more of a safety reason as opposed to ornery.

Keep in mind, the only way for them to get people down from the upper lot to the lower lot, would be via the Lower Lot Escalator's or special transport; and that I would of imagined that operationally, that would've been a problem that needed to be handled head on.

Just how I see it.

To mention, for those who WANT to post reviews and/or photos, please put it in the proper thread.

Halloween Horror Nights 2017 (USH): Reviews & Photos | Inside Universal Forums