Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN Drink Changes

This was a last minute audible--Finns staff told Friday morning. Effort to make event more "dry." My pop-up bartender friends didn't mention hearing anything about this in training, think they would've (in fact, a lot would've quit).

Duff has alcolic slushees on menu, but no booze to put in them. $4.19. Clearly were meant to be upcharge with a shot but liquor pulled.

There is no "hanging" in Finns. Benches taped off, couch reversed against wall, pretty sure TVs off. Enter into line, bar door exit only. A server tells you which cashier to go to.

meet1.jpg
This was a last minute audible--Finns staff told Friday morning. Effort to make event more "dry." My pop-up bartender friends didn't mention hearing anything about this in training, think they would've (in fact, a lot would've quit).

Duff has alcolic slushees on menu, but no booze to put in them. $4.19. Clearly were meant to be upcharge with a shot but liquor pulled.

There is no "hanging" in Finns. Benches taped off, couch reversed against wall, pretty sure TVs off. Enter into line, bar door exit only. A server tells you which cashier to go to.
Sounds like I made the right decision not to attend this year. Hanging at Finn's with 30 or so HHN people from all over the world was a highlight of the last few events for me.
Meet.jpg

Does anybody know that if you purchase a beer in the round (if they have them!) souvenir cups,can you get these refilled with liquor at Finns etc? Cheers

Does anybody know that if you purchase a beer in the round (if they have them!) souvenir cups,can you get these refilled with liquor at Finns etc? Cheers
I don't know about the rules this year but they have filled anything I asked them to everywhere I went at Universal unless it was a huge size difference from the normal size container. ie: 64 oz beer cup when normal is 20. They wash it first for you if you want. Not at the carts though.

I have done a Moe's glass at Finns, CBBR at a restaurant. Sapphire falls at CBBR etc.

Last edited:
I don't know about the rules this year but they have filled anything I asked them to everywhere I went at Universal unless it was a huge size difference from the normal size container. ie: 64 oz beer cup when normal is 20. They wash it first for you if you want. Not at the carts though.

I have done a Moe's glass at Finns, CBBR at a restaurant. Sapphire falls at CBBR etc.

Thanks Joe :peace: I usually get my first drink of the HHN season in the blinky and find it so handy to just carry it with me and get it refilled! I tend to switch it up between beers and liquors,so would be a pain (albeit very minor!) to have to carry my blinky too every time I get vodka! First world problems eh :lol:

Thanks Joe :peace: I usually get my first drink of the HHN season in the blinky and find it so handy to just carry it with me and get it refilled! I tend to switch it up between beers and liquors,so would be a pain (albeit very minor!) to have to carry my blinky too every time I get vodka! First world problems eh :lol:
I always had cargo pants and made sure a blinky would fit. Finish it before a house and fill it after. Rinse and repeat.

Strange the way they are running the bars this year, I seen on a fb page that they also increased the prices $12.00 for a 16oz beer, thats almost double from last year. any truth to this?

2nd hand rumor, take as such. Definitive effort to make event dry like LA. LA profits increase every year, suits who skipped Logic 101 convinced that's the reason why. Also, higher ups now concerned with "Drunky Town" image (my words).

What happened at the last minute to give them the upper hand I don't know.

Finns was a bit better last night. Security glowered but didn't say a word as we assembled a group of about a dozen over 45 minutes. Some batenders would run tabs for regulars, others would not. Brunch seats left open, 2 Tv's left on.

2nd hand rumor, take as such. Definitive effort to make event dry like LA. LA profits increase every year, suits who skipped Logic 101 convinced that's the reason why. Also, higher ups now concerned with "Drunky Town" image (my words).

What happened at the last minute to give them the upper hand I don't know.

Finns was a bit better last night. Security glowered but didn't say a word as we assembled a group of about a dozen over 45 minutes. Some batenders would run tabs for regulars, others would not. Brunch seats left open, 2 Tv's left on.
So the test may well be if there's an appropriate profit increase. If there's a significant decrease, perhaps they'll revisit that for next year.

Yeah, so I threw out my souvenir cups because the discount I was getting on two 16oz beers was only 60 cents... ($26.00 no cups vs $25.40 w/cups) I'd rather just not have to carry anything around if that's going to be the new normal. What a shame.

Crazy to think that this was a last minute call, given how much of the event centers around the bars and drinks. I'm guessing this probably has more to do with the politics/reputation of the event than anything else, cant see it relating to profits. My hope is that they shift back to normal operations within the next week or so.