Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Pandora: World of Avatar General Discussion

For what it's worth, my wife (who has been everywhere from DLP & Efteling to Knoebles) went to Pandora with me for the 1st time the other night. She liked FoP ok, really liked River Journey, but both paled to getting stopped on night safari for 20min by a giraffe flash mob. And Rivers of Light is her new #2 nighttime show behind World of Color, way ahead of the new MK fireworks. So there is a market for the attractions that get mocked here.

Except for Stitch. No one is allowed to like that.

For what it's worth, my wife (who has been everywhere from DLP & Efteling to Knoebles) went to Pandora with me for the 1st time the other night. She liked FoP ok, really liked River Journey, but both paled to getting stopped on night safari for 20min by a giraffe flash mob. And Rivers of Light is her new #2 nighttime show behind World of Color, way ahead of the new MK fireworks. So there is a market for the attractions that get mocked here.

Except for Stitch. No one is allowed to like that.
Curiously enough, three of the top six Touring Plans WDW guest satisfaction attractions were AK attractions, FOP, Kilimanjaro, Everest.....We had our best tour ever on Kilimanjaro Safaris this past May. A small Giraffe mob and Rhino's crossing were the big time highlights. :):thumbsup:

I am really curious as to what her attraction to this show is. The music, the lanterns, the projections?
She's a visual artist and choreographer who has worked for Jim Henson's family on Broadway. She loves folk art and modern dance. So RoL's aesthetic is right up her alley. She especially loved the glowing animal sculpture boats and shadow puppets, and that the music is reminiscent of Tapestry of Nations. And no Disney characters or pandering storyline was a huge plus.

@Skubersky - thanks for the insight. I can understand why she enjoyed it from that perspective. Maybe I need another viewing to appreciate it.

Eh, maybe. My last viewing was with a friend who's a choreographer and dance instructor. Her take away was what I suspected - the dance moves are meant to look like ethnic dance moves without being of a particular culture. Same goes for the music.

Josh throwin shade at WDWNT.

Sad to see breakfast going, RIP Bourbon Rasins.
Yea, couldn't help but post that little exchange. Pretty funny.

I'm gonna miss the pods and the french toast most. Hopefully the menu stays the same when/if it reopens during peak times.

Sure it was pretty quiet in there for breakfast with everyone rushing to the rides, but the quiet was part of the appeal for me. Oh well.

Any other menu changes happening for lunch? The canteen had some weirder choices and I always figured they would get replaced pretty quickly.

Hm? Are they going to redo the ride at all or something else.

Dunno, but my understanding is that they're at a point where there's recognition that something is amiss and the ride isn't perfect nor loved by guests. Wouldn't really seem like much alone, but usually such thought about "the perfection that WDI bequeaths unto thee" is verboten. So what might happen is unknown, probably even by the decision makers. Some sort of plan is going to form.