Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon | Page 234 | Inside Universal Forums

Race Through NY Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I guess I understand this, And I understand the show itself cannot be translated to a ride. (nor the sketches he does)

I guess I was very shocked and thrown off by the randomness of the ride, Every other ride in either Universal or Disney have a story, I guess I never realized how much the story matters in the ride (I guess i never cared about it) but now that I think about it,
When you do a ride, every ride has their own story that you are entering. it's own plot and conclusion, from Men in Black to Jurassic Park to Potter, spiderman.
I think the fact that This ride just randomly throws things at you made me feel weird.

I understand the moon has been a symbol for Late night shows but going to it was too weird for me. Even the fact that we are racing (but not really) made me feel strange, How come they couldn't do a Tour ride, you are going on a tour of his show and new york,
Jimmy would have been your guide, he could have taken you through the studio, Have taken you to meet the other characters he plays, the tour could have even included the trip to the moon, The fact that you are racing him kind of ruins it for me because he doesnt have time to properly talk to you because he's focused on winning the race.
I get it, I have the same problem with Dombo. WTH is the story?! They gutted a bunch of elephants and placed benches in them, they spiked them on a spinner and that's it. What kind of stuff where they smoking when they came up with that ride? Sure they paint it nicely and removed any signs of blood and intestines and the taxiderman did a great job but it's a horror show.

I guess I understand this, And I understand the show itself cannot be translated to a ride. (nor the sketches he does)

I guess I was very shocked and thrown off by the randomness of the ride, Every other ride in either Universal or Disney have a story, I guess I never realized how much the story matters in the ride (I guess i never cared about it) but now that I think about it,
When you do a ride, every ride has their own story that you are entering. it's own plot and conclusion, from Men in Black to Jurassic Park to Potter, spiderman.
I think the fact that This ride just randomly throws things at you made me feel weird.

I understand the moon has been a symbol for Late night shows but going to it was too weird for me. Even the fact that we are racing (but not really) made me feel strange, How come they couldn't do a Tour ride, you are going on a tour of his show and new york,
Jimmy would have been your guide, he could have taken you through the studio, Have taken you to meet the other characters he plays, the tour could have even included the trip to the moon, The fact that you are racing him kind of ruins it for me because he doesnt have time to properly talk to you because he's focused on winning the race.
To be quite honest, you need to loosen thoughts on story for something like Fallon. It's essentially one giant skit, and that it doesn't need to make sense. After all, at certain times; what fun is there in making sense for something like Fallon?

To be quite honest, you need to loosen thoughts on story for something like Fallon. It's essentially one giant skit, and that it doesn't need to make sense. After all, at certain times; what fun is there in making sense for something like Fallon?
Perhaps that's why it felt so fresh to me...The story is very simple, you're at 30 Rock and you're racing Jimmy...That's it

To be quite honest, you need to loosen thoughts on story fo r something like Fallon. It's essentially one giant skit, and that it doesn't need to make sense.

if this was a really fun ride or had some cool new technology then I think I could go back and just do it as a fun thing, but the ride was kinda boring. the randomness of it makes it not as appealing. I Understand that it can be like a Giant skit of his show,
But that to me doesn't make a fun ride to do. being inside of one of his skits is not my idea of fun lol.

I fully understand I am in the very tiny minority that dislikes the ride, I am aware of that. It was just too random and it didn't deliver on its premise.

After all, at certain times; what fun is there in making sense for something like Fallon?

I guess since Universal was involved my expectations hurt my enjoyment of the ride. I thought it was going to be an immersive experience. I have grown accustomed to expect that from the parks.

In my 20 years of going to the parks this is the first time I felt this disappointed (I was equally disappointed with Ellen Degeneres Ellen's Energy Adventure At Disney. That was also my first time being this disappointed at a Disney ride)

I can't help it. I thought about it and it was too random for me. I guess I just have to accept that.

I think a lot of what the ride is is just Fallon's type of humor...it's more blue collar 'safe' ADD humor.

I also think that some on hear have suggested that the building couldn't handle the forces of two theaters if they didn't tame down the motion, but I wouldn't know if there is any truth to that, I assume that would be a pretty big blunder, but folks seemed to enjoy the ride, so I guess it works.

I've only been once and I was seared way too close to the screen, so I am still holding off on my thoughts, but I think it is funny enough to be fun enough...sort of just a silly nothing walk off feeling good kind experience, no thought required.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
I think a lot of what the ride is is just Fallon's type of humor...it's more blue collar 'safe' ADD humor.

I also think that some on hear have suggested that the building couldn't handle the forces of two theaters if they didn't tame down the motion, but I wouldn't know if there is any truth to that, I assume that would be a pretty big blunder, but folks seemed to enjoy the ride, so I guess it works.

I've only been once and I was seared way too close to the screen, so I am still holding off on my thoughts, but I think it is funny enough to be fun enough...sort of just a silly nothing walk off feeling good kind experience, no thought required.
I haven't actually heard, first hand, that the building structure was having issues. But I was around there during testing and even standing outside you could visibly see the building shaking. I was impressed enough to let out a, "Holy (expletive)!" and put my hand against the building to feel it shaking. It reminded me of standing in the Simpson's preshow room waiting for the video to start where the whole building is shaking and rattling like it's about to tear itself apart.

I haven't actually heard, first hand, that the building structure was having issues. But I was around there during testing and even standing outside you could visibly see the building shaking. I was impressed enough to let out a, "Holy (expletive)!" and put my hand against the building to feel it shaking. It reminded me of standing in the Simpson's preshow room waiting for the video to start where the whole building is shaking and rattling like it's about to tear itself apart.
You know, I always kind of liked that affect in the Simpsons... it felt fitting that a run-down amusement park like Krustyland was rumbling like it was about to fall apart.

I actually thought that one of the ride's strengths was the smoothness of the movements. I rode the similar simulator at BGW many times, and it was wayyyy too jerky & rough, instant motion sickness for those susceptible. I'm glad they toned it down, even though they may have had no choice.

It's too real to be charming to me.
My daughter is 16 and the shaking of the building has freaked her out for a decade. She has a fear of things (bridges, parking garages, elevated walkways, etc) collapsing. She will ride any ride on the planet without hesitation, but freaks the f out going over the big bridge crossing Tampa Bay. Haha.

Useless fact alert: the Hollywood version of The Simpsons (which was built second back when they were Back To The Future rides) puts the queue between the two simulators in order to relieve the stress placed on the buildings from the shaking of the ride system.
I did not know that. Thanks. I love trivia like this!

Reactions: Jones14
Useless fact alert: the Hollywood version of The Simpsons (which was built second back when they were Back To The Future rides) puts the queue between the two simulators in order to relieve the stress placed on the buildings from the shaking of the ride system.

Makes sense since they used Hollywood's ride design for Japan. I wondered about that.

Finally got to ride this today. The queue is charming and a huge improvement over what we had with Twister. The ride is also fun. I'm not sold on the ride itself, but I would ride it again solely for the preshow.

Fallon is a solid D Ticket.

I ride it most times I'm in the park. I can't remember the last time I rode Shrek, T2, or Minions (I like Minions, but the line is always too long).

And I loathed Twister! I rode it a total of 3 times. And while I'm being honest, I hated GMR and Maelstrom, too. But what they did to the Norway Pavilion just ain't right. I do believe it would have been possible to update and improve Maelstrom without taking a leak all over the culture of the people of Norway.