Epcot (General Discussion) | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Epcot (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yea I would say Poppins would be more of the natural choice, other than Doctor Who if that had been available.

Supposedly Disney finally decided on an IP for the UK. Insiders are being secretive about it still, but Martin says he likes it so I feel confidant in it knowing that. The only thing that anyone has been willing to confirm is that it's NOT Sword and the Stone, Mr. Toad or Doctor Who.

If I had to put money on it, i'd say it was between Poppins, Alice and Brave and they probably went with the money and chose Poppins.

Ha ha, was just checking in to see if I missed something last week. Chatting with two people who work in the area last night, both referred to it as "the Mary Poppins ride" (tho have no details what it is besides that).

Reactions: tankart150
I'm still not convinced the UK project is really anything worth getting too excited about. If it's something along the lines of a carousel, that will be a classy addition for kids, and will add a bit of energy back there, but it's probably not going to be something any of us need to ride every time we visit.

Supposedly Disney finally decided on an IP for the UK. Insiders are being secretive about it still, but Martin says he likes it so I feel confidant in it knowing that. The only thing that anyone has been willing to confirm is that it's NOT Sword and the Stone, Mr. Toad or Doctor Who.

If I had to put money on it, i'd say it was between Poppins, Alice and Brave and they probably went with the money and chose Poppins.
My money is on Poppins also, since it has the new movie coming out next year. Gotta get that synergy.

I'm still not convinced the UK project is really anything worth getting too excited about. If it's something along the lines of a carousel, that will be a classy addition for kids, and will add a bit of energy back there, but it's probably not going to be something any of us need to ride every time we visit.
Even if that's what it is, those are things that help round out a park. UK also doesn't have a lot of land to work with.

"When Mary 'olds your 'and
You feel so grand
Your 'eart starts beatin'
Like a big brass band
Oh, it's a jolly holiday with Mary
No wonder that it's Mary that we love!"

a0b59ef07c96905cad9df0fc1529a8def50fd706.jpg

Reactions: Joel and Alicia
"When Mary 'olds your 'and
You feel so grand
Your 'eart starts beatin'
Like a big brass band
Oh, it's a jolly holiday with Mary
No wonder that it's Mary that we love!"

a0b59ef07c96905cad9df0fc1529a8def50fd706.jpg
You're just a fan of Julie Andrews, who reportedly had the dirtiest potty mouth in Hollywood in her heyday. She would have been a great companion for you on your Rum Cruise :lol::D

Reactions: Disneyhead
You're just a fan of Julie Andrews, who reportedly had the dirtiest potty mouth in Hollywood in her heyday. She would have been a great companion for you on your Rum Cruise :lol::D
I love Julie Andrews. I remember the hysteria when she bared her breasts in Blake Edward's SOB. Quite naughty for a "lady".

One of my coolest, most special Disney memories was in 2002, I took the family too Disneyland and we did the Practically Perfect Tea with Mary Poppins at the Paradise Pier Resort. We had tea and finger sandwiches and Mary came out at first in her traveling clothes and sang a few songs, then while the servers served the tea Mary changed into her Jolly Holiday dress and made her way to each table for pics and chatting. I think both The UK Pavilion and Potter need a tea room. I do enjoy a good hot tea occasionally.

ppt01.jpg

disneydaze.com

disneydaze.com

I love Julie Andrews. I remember the hysteria when she bared her breasts in Blake Edward's SOB. Quite naughty for a "lady".

One of my coolest, most special Disney memories was in 2002, I took the family too Disneyland and we did the Practically Perfect Tea with Mary Poppins at the Paradise Pier Resort. We had tea and finger sandwiches and Mary came out at first in her traveling clothes and sang a few songs, then while the servers served the tea Mary changed into her Jolly Holiday dress and made her way to each table for pics and chatting. I think both The UK Pavilion and Potter need a tea room. I do enjoy a good hot tea occasionally.

ppt01.jpg

disneydaze.com

disneydaze.com
Alene & I were resting on the new MK's Hub artificial turf. The character Mary Poppins came by with her handler and was taking a picture with some small child. Alene went to take a picture of them and the handler came in front of Alene purposely blocking her attempt to take a photo. She yelled loudly & rudely :fist: at Alene and told her not to take any pictures. I guess that's the legendary "Disney Difference". Never had anything like that ever happen to us at Universal.

MAGIC has been melting down for several days now over this.

They could have chosen from Chaucer, Shakespeare, Dickens, Carroll, Kipling, Dahl, Christie, or Travers. From legends of Arthurian proportions or the Myths of the Loch. Instead, they commoditize cultural appropriation to hock princess :poop:.
I've come to accept that IPs are just going to be a part of Epcot now, but I agree with you that this is a horrible IP to go with (if true) when there were so many better choices.

Brave wasn't even that good of a movie. :blank:

Wait, what? Last week we were talking about Mary Poppins and now all of a sudden it's Brave?!
When we were talking about Poppins, it was speculation and some people got carried away because Jim Hill had mentioned it as fact.

Reactions: Disneyhead
Wait, what? Last week we were talking about Mary Poppins and now all of a sudden it's Brave?!
Alice was also one of the choices. Carroll, Travers (who is Australian, btw), and PIXAR.

So, of course, they chose PIXAR. Apparently, it was green lit sometime early last week.

And with the way Mermaid turned out, a Disney B Ticket scares me.

Last edited: