Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disney Springs Discussion

Exactly. I think that is kind of strange.
Part of it might just be an advertising thing. No use marketing NBA Experience when it's not coming out for a while. That attention could be directed towards all of the new things that Disney Springs has going up.

Disney might also be hedging their bets. They could be exploring other options while they very slowly prep DQ to become NBA Experience. If something better comes along, they'll be a big press conference and construction will change a bit.

Exactly. I think that is kind of strange.
Now that I think about it, there's nothing on the construction walls stating that the NBA Experience is coming to the location in the future, whereas just across the way, Wolfgang is already walled off with advertisements for the new Jaleo restaurant replacing it.

It is strange, but we'll see as time goes on I guess.

Goodbye garish 90's building:
wolfgang-puck-demolition-09212017-2.jpg

Oh Savannah Bee Company- what a rise- they started in 2009...
One of the best things about this is the stock they'll be able to carry. They couldn't carry some of their more delicate honey's or Mead due to the fact that they were in a kiosk and the temperature didn't allow it. Their B&M stores are experiences. Honey/honeycomb tastings (the whipped honey is ridiculously good)- and Mead tastings. Curious if they'll have Mead at this location.
There is indeed a Honey Bar at this location.
savannah-bee-disney-springs-3.jpg

PHOTOS: Savannah Bee Company Opens New Location at Disney Springs - Blog Mickey

Is the Disney Quest building being prepped for implosion or are they just renovating and reusing the building? To me it looks like it's being prepped for an implosion. Sorry if this has been asked before but curiosity has piqued my interest.

Is the Disney Quest building being prepped for implosion or are they just renovating and reusing the building? To me it looks like it's being prepped for an implosion. Sorry if this has been asked before but curiosity has piqued my interest.
It's being demolished

I wonder why Disney didn't do an ESPN experience? I would think the ESPN Grill from Disneyland will do well as DS doesn't have a standout sports bar/restaurant. You can even have the potential to include temporary studios for synergy as well as other things that could promote it.

Oh..? I thought they were going to reuse the main structural elements. Will be interesting to see it come down.

As for the pics - it's just a truck backing into the loading dock for the HoB. When Springs is closed the main walkway is a service road.
Well they filed permits for demolition way back in July and seem to be going the route they went to tear down the Sparrow building at DHS.

I wonder why Disney didn't do an ESPN experience? I would think the ESPN Grill from Disneyland will do well as DS doesn't have a standout sports bar/restaurant. You can even have the potential to include temporary studios for synergy as well as other things that could promote it.
Because NBA is going to pay rent. Simple as that. Disney is looking to lease out space, not run things themselves.

And if NBA fails, they'll at least have a nice new space to work with.